Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hey Miami, Keep Your Criminals on a Leash

Guest slamminshaun

Guest slamminshaun

A word of caution to anyone who may get stopped by the police in my city. Expect to be asked to have your car searched. Honestly, can you think of one reason why anyone from Miami Beach would be in Port St. Lucie at 12:30am? Transact your business during the day dumbasses.

PORT ST. LUCIE — Police seized more than $31,000 early Thursday after stopping a sport-utility vehicle and finding small amounts of crack cocaine and marijuana, a report states.

The green 1994 Ford Explorer was pulled over about 12:30 a.m. after an officer traveling south on Southwest Savage Boulevard noticed its tag had expired.

The driver, Luis A. Terife, 28, of Miami Beach, and passenger Junius W. Mosby, 42, of Miami, said there were no drugs in the vehicle, though an officer said he smelled a "moderate" odor of marijuana coming from the inside.

Mosby allowed the officer to search the SUV and said $30,000 was in a box in the vehicle's rear.

Police ended up finding a partially smoked marijuana cigarette and a small amount of crack along with $31,170.

The men were issued a forfeiture notice for the SUV and the cash. Each man faces charges incluing possession of crack cocaine, possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Guest Seb

Mosby allowed the officer to search the SUV and said $30,000 was in a box in the vehicle's rear.

that says it all right there.

if you don't know the rules of the game, then you shouldn't play the game.

so if you deny an officer to search your car then they can't do anything? Always wondered what a cop does if the driver denies entry

Guest slamminshaun

so if you deny an officer to search your car then they can't do anything? Always wondered what a cop does if the driver denies entry

I've denied a cop twice, each time they let me go. One smartass tried to even say he "smelled pot" when he approached my SUV. Considering I've never smoked it in my life, I found that approach amusing.

Guest Cosmigonon

Mosby allowed the officer to search the SUV and said $30' date='000 was in a box in the vehicle's rear.

[/quote']

I've denied a cop twice, each time they let me go. One smartass tried to even say he "smelled pot" when he approached my SUV. Considering I've never smoked it in my life, I found that approach amusing.

That's right. They were talking about that last night in 20/20. You have the right to say no to the cop, but most people don't know that.