US out of world cup

Guest JoeBudious

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest musicalmissionary

Sucks they happened to fall in THEE hardest group. I believe they played well enough to advance if they had been in any one of about 4 or 5 other weaker groups. But they just didn't play well enough to advance out of this group. :'(

Guest tres-b

Arena has to go. We came out flat against the Czech Rep. and things didnt get much better. We played tough against Italy but we might as well have conceded the game today.

Why are we playing an 4-5-1 when a win is the only way to advance?

Eric Wynalda had some great commentary after the game.

Guest ANARCHYP

Sucks they happened to fall in THEE hardest group. I believe they played well enough to advance if they had been in any one of about 4 or 5 other weaker groups. But they just didn't play well enough to advance out of this group. :'(

dude...not THEE hardes group by far...they just cant get it together

Guest musicalmissionary

Arena has to go.

I totally agree. His commentary after game 1 did nothing but whine about how the early goal killed them. A World Cup worthy team does not let an early goal take them down. It should do the opposite and motivate the team even more to play harder. If an early goal kills your team... your team needs a new coach .

Guest musicalmissionary

What group do you propose is harder? The #2 in FIFA rankings, Czech Republic, didn't even make it out!!

Guest ANARCHYP

they had czech italy and friggin ghana..they would have gone home a long time ago if they hadto go against argentina spain england brasil pick one

Guest tres-b

What group do you propose is harder? The #2 in FIFA rankings, Czech Republic, didn't even make it out!!

We would not have made it out of the group with the Netherlands/Argentina or England/Sweden. We MIGHT have made it out of the Portugal/Mexico group or the France/Switzerland group. These groups arent necessarily harder, I just dont think we would have advanced had we been in them.

Regardless, you have to play the teams in your group. We never really showed any direction or flow in our 3 games. Our goal today(the only one we scored in 3 games)was good but you cant score 1 time and expect to advance(Im not counting the own goal Italy scored for us).

Guest ANARCHYP

what do you think the score will be between brasil and japan ..?/

the australia game should be a pretty fair game

Guest Major

what do you think the score will be between brasil and japan ..?/

the australia game should be a pretty fair game

2 - 0 to Brazil... get your arse down to Playwright.

Guest spinderella7713

i personally think that the refs in general are doing a very bad job

+1

especially with the US games.

Guest tres-b

the second score by Ghana was bogus!!! that was NOT a foul!!!

Even if you take that goal away, we still get eliminated. A tie would have been the same as a loss today.

Guest spinderella7713

Even if you take that goal away, we still get eliminated. A tie would have been the same as a loss today.

Im sure that goal hurt our morale....it could have happened!!!

Guest Major

i personally think that the refs in general are doing a very bad job

The Refs have been told to clamp down on fouls by Fifa, and they have. I agree it was a bad call against the usa.

Guest bootstah

There have been so many bad calls made during this world cup it's ridiculous but that's not the reason they lost. They didn't play with enough oomph and the coach was lacking in the skills needed to take this team farther.

Game 1 was a laugh and game 2 was not any better. Maybe next time they make it to the World Cup they will be lead by someone who actually believes in the team.

Guest ANARCHYP

one thing is is calling bad plays another is blowing your whistle everytime someone gets the ball

Guest tres-b

Im sure that goal hurt our morale....it could have happened!!!

I am tired of hearing that.... :P Just like the early goal by the Czech Rep ruined our strategy in the first game right?

Sweden was so down when England scored in the 85th minute to take a 2-1 lead that they scored in the 90th to tie the game.

Guest ANARCHYP

There have been so many bad calls made during this world cup it's ridiculous but that's not the reason they lost. They didn't play with enough oomph and the coach was lacking in the skills needed to take this team farther.

Game 1 was a laugh and game 2 was not any better. Maybe next time they make it to the World Cup they will be lead by someone who actually believes in the team.

+ 1

also they lack the experience of playing in the cup...different ball game

12 US players have World Cup experience, only Sweden has more players with World Cup experience (13), they just plain and simple suck! Two better teams are going through, Czech are the one's who dissapointed in that group. I said on the beginning if US gets 1 point in 3 matches they should be happy, sure enough they get 1 point.

Why did Germany import 40 000 hookers for the World Cup??

So that Americans can score!!

Joke I heard today at work from an American ;D