Clubplanet Nightlife Community

US out of world cup

Guest JoeBudious

Guest ANARCHYP

what i ment was that other teams like germany or spain or anyone else have been in the cup for years and probably still will for years to come...usa is a new team and they will learn eventually that to play the cup you cant get away with anything less than your a game

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ar

Sucks they happened to fall in THEE hardest group. I believe they played well enough to advance if they had been in any one of about 4 or 5 other weaker groups. But they just didn't play well enough to advance out of this group. :'(

its not considered THEE hardest group... that would be Argentina, Holland, Ivory Coast and Serbia Montenegro (Group of Death)...

the US just didnt play well all 3 games.. the level of the individual players has gone down dramatically.... some of those players need to ditch the MLS and go play elsewhere where the level is higher... only a handfull could be successful though. some will fail miserably like Donovon did when he went to go play in germany :-\

Guest LiquidX

The US was in one of the hardests ( IF not THE hardest group ) of all. In this group you couldnt even know who was going to the next round.. Italy had 4 and Ghana and the Cheks had 3.. while the US had 1. COmpare it to all the other groups where by the second round of games you could already say who was in... the problem was the US loosing against the checks in the beginning. Today they played a great second half, and that penalty was sooo uncalled for.Sucks.

Guest musicalmissionary

the problem was that they suck..end of story..try again next time

Thanks for the wisdom... I shoulda known that a team who ties Italy playing a man down for half the match "sucks"... what was I thinking?? ::)

Guest musicalmissionary

you and i both know that the team sucked

Speak for yourself fool... I REPEAT... a team that "sucks" DOES NOT tie Italy playing a man down for half the match PERIOD .

You can cite every other stat you want... but that feat alone exempts them from "sucking". Take away the bullshit PK today and put the header that hit the post in the net and you'd be singing a different tune. I know what-ifs are what-ifs... but that's how close they came today.

I can't stand people that get on their I-know-everything-about-the-game podiums and start throwing around the "suck" word cuz it makes them feel tougher or smarter. It just ain't true. And before you think I'm just upset cuz "my team" lost... I am a full-blooded Spaniard so Spain is my team. But I can at least respect the commendable effort put forth by the US despite the final result.

Bottom line is they didn't play well enough to advance out of this group and this group is either the first or second hardest group there was. So yeah... it sucks for them, but they DON'T suck. They tied the team that won the group and played neck-and-neck with the group's runner-up.

Let's move on...

Guest musicalmissionary

dave ..dont be so sour..its only a game

I believe the one who is sour here is the one saying the US sucks. I could care less in the end... Spain is my team. But I'll still defend the US's efforts.

Guest bootstah

the US didn't play the way the should have. Blame should not be place one anyone, yea the coach sucks and pretty much let down team morale early on. But to place blame on other teams and ref's is just funny. They lost. End of Story. Better luck next time :)

Guest ANARCHYP

you surprise me dude...i dont know everything about the game, but i do know this...that this one game with italy when they showed some fucking heart..thats when they played like a team who realized they need to pull together..today there was now of that and italy is much better then Ghana..so in conclusion they SUCKED today and did not do what they came to do in the cup.

yeah granted...they played a nice game, but not nice enough...if they would have played today like they played with italy the outcome would have been different...

Guest ANARCHYP

the US didn't play the way the should have. Blame should not be place one anyone, yea the coach sucks and pretty much let down team morale early on. But to place blame on other teams and ref's is just funny. They lost. End of Story. Better luck next time :)

exactly

Guest musicalmissionary

they SUCKED today

OK... so which one is it? Did they just suck today? Or do they suck as a team period? Because my rant was fueled by your earlier claim:

"the problem was that they suck..end of story..try again next time"

Even I posted earlier that they played poorly today with the number of opportunities they blew. But even with all that they still came very close today... so I wouldn't say they sucked... but that's just me. I'm not big on jumping from one extreme to another. Saying "they suck" is a bit extreme in my opinion, that's all.

Guest tres-b

Game 1-The US totally sucked...........F

Game 2-The US showed a lot of heart.........B

Game 3-Didnt play exceptionally well but didnt totally suck.........C+

Overall Grade for 2006 World Cup: D

Guest musicalmissionary

Game 1-The US totally sucked...........F

Game 2-The US showed a lot of heart.........B

Game 3-Didnt play exceptionally well but didnt totally suck.........C+

Overall Grade for 2006 World Cup: D

Personally I'd give em an F, A, and C which averages to a C.

"sucked" is clearly a designation for D students and below :P

Guest spinderella7713

babe did you watch the game....even on replay it was obvious that the ref made a bad call...

I'm not a fan of the US soccer team, but I give them their respect for playing with heart and not giving up even though they only had 9 guys on the field and playing againtst a far superior team with 11 players. In all fairness, I think they deserve their props. Kudos guys, better luck in 2010.

Guest markko

Sucks they happened to fall in THEE hardest group. I believe they played well enough to advance if they had been in any one of about 4 or 5 other weaker groups. But they just didn't play well enough to advance out of this group. :'(

In the world cup every group and every team is the hardest. is either you are prepared or not! The problem with our U.S. team was the hype that was created around them and the coach. We thought that just because FIFA ranked us high the other teams were going to be intimidated. Soccer doesn't work like that specially at the world cup level, is soccer at its best eleven vs. eleven! either you want the cup or you really don't want it. e.g. Ghana (1st cup appereance), Australia (2nd cup appereance) and another example the HEAT!! the hype should be given to our atlhetes after they win the cup!!

peace

Guest Cosmigonon

IMO, the US had the talent, there were times they overplayed Czech, Italy and ghana, but if you can't score, then it is worthless.

Like they say in spanish, "el que no los hace, los ve hacer" (if you don't score goals, you will see the other team scoring them), and "los juegos no se merecen, se ganan (It's not enough to deserve victory, you must achieve it)".

Sure, there were lot of bad calls from the referees, but that always will happen, you must score the goals to demonstrate your superiority, otherwise a simple bad call will determine your fate, which is what happened.

And please, stop saying Group C was the group of death, it has been proven that it was group E.

IMO, the US had the talent, there were times they overplayed Czech, Italy and ghana, but if you can't score, then it is worthless.

Like they say in spanish, "el que no los hace, los ve hacer" (if you don't score goals, you will see the other team scoring them), and "los juegos no se merecen, se ganan (It's not enough to deserve victory, you must achieve it)".

Sure, there were lot of bad calls from the referees, but that always will happen, you must score the goals to demonstrate your superiority, otherwise a simple bad call will determine your fate, which is what happened.

And please, stop saying Group C was the group of death, it has been proven that it was group E.

I disagree. Group C is/was the group of death.

Guest Cosmigonon

IMO' date=' the US had the talent, there were times they overplayed Czech, Italy and ghana, but if you can't score, then it is worthless.

[/quote']

OK, I change my plea. I say group A is the group of death then... ;D

Guest musicalmissionary

IMO' date=' the US had the talent, there were times they overplayed Czech, Italy and ghana, but if you can't score, then it is worthless.

[/quote']

You mean the group where there was nothing even close to an upset? The one with Serbia who didn't even manage a single point? The one where both the winner and runner-up were decided after the second round? That one? Ooohh, scary....

Guest swirlundergrounder

They need to dump Bruce Arena. Bad coaching and poor execution. Landon Donavon should have kept the ball in the box more. In fact they should have had Beasly playing more through out the WC...

Guest musicalmissionary

They need to dump Bruce Arena.

I agree... any coach that submits that an "early goal" killed his team's chances of winning doesn't belong at this level. One of the stongest points I remember my high school soccer coach drilling into our heads was how giving up a goal at any time needs to be a lifting experience that drives us harder... not shuts us down.