Clubplanet Nightlife Community

does anyone here bike/mountain bike?

Guest Adam Singer

Guest Adam Singer

ive recently began working out/exercising again and considering purchasing a new bike (the old one is in baaaaad shape)

there are great trails @ markham park, and through the beaches around here - does anyone actually bike down here or are you all trend-whores on rollar blades? ;)

Guest Adam Singer

yeah bling that is how you bike... ::)

i gotta upload some pics of biking in the swiss alps this summer for you guys to see...probably the most beautiful, challenging trails ive ever been on...looks something like this:

bici03.jpg

Guest coach

Sure, we hit the trails from time to time. Annette's been down a long time due to injury, and I have not stuck to it as diligently as I should have (kind of like Bling and clubbing). But, I'm down. I'll probably slow you down, though. I like Oleta best. But Markham is fun, too.

Anybody who needs to grow a set of balls, I highly recommend mountain biking. That'll put hair on your chest quick.

Guest ILLMATIC

I don't have a mountain bike anymore. I traded it in for a BMX bike. Although, I have done Markham park before and had a blast. I am in the same injury department as Annette. I do want to purchase a mountain bike just don't want to spend any money on that now.

Guest Adam Singer

cheers guys glad to hear i might be able to find some people to bike with...

while we're on extreme sports - is there a rock gym around here too?

Guest Electric Eel

There is one by Tamiami Airport right next to the huge Lexus dealer ship.

Ive heard about that for a while, always wanted to check it out. Rock climbing seems like it would be a fun way to get in shape. You ever been Pat?

Anybody here ever done spinning? You might want to take a class to try it out. Pretty hardcore. The first time I took one years ago, I couldn't finish. After 30 minutes I felt like I was going to collapse and fall off the bike. Yes, it's no joke...

Guest ILLMATIC

Ive heard about that for a while, always wanted to check it out. Rock climbing seems like it would be a fun way to get in shape. You ever been Pat?

I haven't been to this location. I know a few people from work say the place is the "SHIZZZNIT". They have all levels of difficulty of rock climbing there.

Guest JMT

in broward there is Quiet Waters park. i rode one of the trails there with a buddy once who was an experienced rider. there were parts where i actually had to stop and carry my bike over the terrain rather than wipeout. it was hardcore.

Guest Adam Singer

what a rock gym looks like, for those that haven't been:

climbing%20gym%20027.jpg

p_hm_bldr.jpg

0017.jpg

silo.jpg

it's a ton of fun - at the gym i used to go to they played house which was a nice touch...

Guest Cosmigonon

Anybody here ever done spinning? You might want to take a class to try it out. Pretty hardcore. The first time I took one years ago' date=' I couldn't finish. After 30 minutes I felt like I was going to collapse and fall off the bike. Yes, it's no joke...

[/quote']

For real bro, that shit kicked my ass... :-\

Guest Electric Eel

I haven't been to this location. I know a few people from work say the place is the "SHIZZZNIT". They have all levels of difficulty of rock climbing there.

lets go!

Guest Adam Singer

CJ rock climbing trip sounds like fun, im down - great that you guys will do this but not have a LAN party ;D

Guest coach

in broward there is Quiet Waters park. i rode one of the trails there with a buddy once who was an experienced rider. there were parts where i actually had to stop and carry my bike over the terrain rather than wipeout. it was hardcore.

Unfortunately, not any more...

Guest Marina22

I bike but I cannot say that I am a mountain biker. Would try it but it seems tough, I have a "mountain bike" but it doesn't have those sucky handles that the real mt. bikes have. As far as spinning, that is a great wkt if you have some kick as dance music but nothing beats biking in the outdoors.

Guest AlanS

Quite Waters is no joke. Been through there a few times, I made it out in one piece but my bike didn't >:(

So, yes, I mountian bike, but now I need a new bike! LOL

Guest AlanS

???

Guest coach

???

I don't have the whole story, but my understanding is that it got beat up in last year's storms and they decided just to take it down. So, the QW trails are no more. And, yes, they did rock.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pod

Back when I was a youngun, I would mountain bike at least 150 miles a week and then some due to the simple fact I couldn't drive. I'm tempted to do it here but I'm afraid of becoming road pizza.