Clubplanet Nightlife Community

5 more soldiers charged in Iraq rape-murder case

Guest trancepriest

Guest trancepriest

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Three U.S. soldiers in Iraq are charged with participation in the "rape and murder of a young Iraqi woman and three members of her family," the U.S. military said Sunday.

The soldiers are "accused of rape and murder," the military said in a news release.

A fourth soldier is accused of dereliction of duty for failing to report the offenses.

All four are charged with conspiring with former Pfc. Steven D. Green to commit the crimes, the military said.

Last week, Green pleaded not guilty in federal court in Kentucky.

The case involves an alleged incident in Mahmoudiya, Iraq, in March.

Prosecutors have said Green shot and killed an Iraqi man, woman and child before raping a young woman from the same family and killing her.

A Justice Department affidavit says Green and other soldiers planned to rape a young woman who lived near the checkpoint they manned in Mahmoudiya. The affidavit says three soldiers allegedly accompanied Green into the house, and another soldier was told to monitor the radio while the assault took place.

The affidavit says Green shot the woman's relatives, including a girl of about 5; raped the young woman; then fatally shot her. Soldiers are quoted in the affidavit as telling investigators that Green and his companions then set the family's house afire, threw an AK-47 rifle used in the killings into a canal and burned their bloodstained clothing.

The military, in its news release Sunday, wrote that the charges are "merely an accusation. Those accused are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt."

The statement said the four soldiers still on active duty will face an Article 32 investigation, similar to a grand jury hearing in civilian law. The Article 32 proceeding will determine whether there is enough evidence to place them on trial.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Fuckin Mother Fuckers! If these guys are guilty they should all burn at the stake for this crime. Especially killing the 5 year old. What are these guys still doing on active duty anyways?

Guest trancepriest

If only Slammin Shaun, JMT, drlogic and Saleen could rape em, then kill em and burn their bodies. It still wouldn't amount to the same evil the troops committed... but hey it would give me some satisfaction.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Two Fresno College Athletes arrested in rape of 11 year old girl.....as many as 10 involved!!! This on the heels of the rape case at Duke University. I guess we should withdraw athletes and sports from all the colleges right?

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/07/09/state/n192544D70.DTL

Dude some people are just sick to gang rape an 11 year old girl...

Guest trancepriest

Two Fresno College Athletes arrested in rape of 11 year old girl.....as many as 10 involved!!! This on the heels of the rape case at Duke University. I guess we should withdraw athletes and sports from all the colleges right?

At least they were decent enough to not murder the girl, her family and then burn the bodies. And I'm quite sure they didn't claim to be liberators.

Guest swirlundergrounder

We obviously shouldn't remove all our troops from Iraq at this point. But when people are witness to so much inhumain brutality it will definetly have an affect on people. Not to say that's just an excuse because something is fucked up with the morality of the people involved.

Guest slamminshaun

We obviously shouldn't remove all our troops from Iraq at this point. But when people are witness to so much inhumain brutality it will definetly have an affect on people. Not to say that's just an excuse because something is fucked up with the morality of the people involved.

So what's the excuse for Fresno and Duke's athletes? This isn't the first time athletes have been in trouble for rape. This happens all the time it seems. Is it possible that we need to cancel athletics at all colleges? Obviously, the stresses of athletics and the stresses of war are causing rapes. Withdraw the troops and withdraw the jocks.

Guest trancepriest

So what's the excuse for Fresno and Duke's athletes? This isn't the first time athletes have been in trouble for rape. This happens all the time it seems. Is it possible that we need to cancel athletics at all colleges? Obviously' date=' the stresses of athletics and the stresses of war are causing rapes. Withdraw the troops and withdraw the jocks.

[/quote']

I didn't know Iraq was currently hosting the olympics.

Guest swirlundergrounder

So what's the excuse for Fresno and Duke's athletes?

Nothing. Go start a thread about Athletes commiting rapes. This is a thread about some of our troops in Iraq raping and killing senselessly. No one has an excuse to commit such crimes.

What I'm saying is that soilders who have been on tour in Iraq and have seen and been witness to horrible humanitarian conditions (that you and I will probably never experience) for as long as they have will break down eventually.

When people see something being devalued (in this case human life is being devalued everyday in Iraq) for an extend amount of time it's going to change the way someone feels about humanity.

Both instances (the Fresno St and rape case in Iraq) involved some very disturbed individuals who have little to no regard for human life. And the conditions that they were put in dictated the outcome of each crime.

One girl survived her ordeal the other one was killed along with her family including her 5 year old sibling! And to add to that the girl was only 14 years old not 25 as previous reports had stated!

Guest LeVeL

Very Brutal case...I read this the other day on USA Today and I think those troops deserve the worst penalty they can get.

Guest trancepriest

One girl survived her ordeal the other one was killed along with her family including her 5 year old sibling! And to add to that the girl was only 14 years old not 25 as previous reports had stated!

I don't know how SS could find a moral equivalency in that. What happened in Iraq is like cops coming into your house in an emergency. The cops then proceed to kill your 5 year old sister and then your mother and father in one room.. in the other room 5 of them gang rape a 14 year old... then they kill her too... after all that they then proceed to cover up their crimes by burning the bodies. I don't know of any athletic team that has ever done that in the history of America. Perhaps I need to go on google and look up athletic team murderers.

SS you are kind of sick aren't you? Fresno and Duke athletes??? Perhaps you've just been watching too much sports.

Guest slamminshaun

Both instances (the Fresno St and rape case in Iraq) involved some very disturbed individuals who have little to no regard for human life. And the conditions that they were put in dictated the outcome of each crime.

Now, you and I both now why IraqPriest posts these threads about our soldiers. It's to illustrate how George Bush has caused the rapes of little girls by sending disturbed individuals into a warzone that was started with a lie, further adding to why we should remove the troops now.

My point is that there are disturbed individuals everywhere....blaming society, war, Bush, or football is not an acceptable excuse. It's not Fresno University's fault anymore then it is George Bush's fault that little girls got raped.

Guest trancepriest

Now' date=' you and I both now why IraqPriest posts these threads about our soldiers. It's to illustrate how George Bush has caused the rapes of little girls by sending disturbed individuals into a warzone that was started with a lie, further adding to why we should remove the troops now.

My point is that there are disturbed individuals everywhere....blaming society, war, Bush, or football is not an acceptable excuse. It's not Fresno University's fault anymore then it is George Bush's fault that little girls got raped.

[/quote']

So if you are the President of a country that started a war on false pretenses and thousands of innocent people got killed.. then you are not to blame?

What the heck does this have to do with Fresno University. Did Fresno University start a war that lead to the deaths of thousands of innocent people? Did Fresno University start a torture prison?

What alarms me most about that rape incident is that if the troops hadn't cracked and told what happened no one would know about this crime. This signifies the potential that many more atrocities like this are being committed by the hands of U.S. troops. It could either be torture, rape, killings but stuff we've not heard about yet or potentially never will.. I'm quite sure is happening in Iraq. I doubt that we have a Baghdad CSI investigating murder scenes.

Lets look at the environment these soldiers are in:

#1... NO PUSSY. If anyone on here has ever travelled trhough a conservative catholic country looking for PUSSY. Then they certainly must know how bad a conservative Muslum country must be. These troops are getting NO PUSSY. Thousands of men for months getting NO PUSSY... NO PROSTITUTES. It's inevitable that rapes will be committed. This is not like in Vietnam where 5 dollars can get get you everything you want.

#2... SUICIDE BOMBERS. Combined that with NO PUSSY and you have a very combustible situation. Imagine getting NO PUSSY and at the same time worried about dying.

#3... HOT AS FUCK. It's hot as fuck in Iraq. NO PUSSY, SUICIDE BOMBERS, HOT AS FUCK. Our troops are losing their minds in Iraq. No amount of training can make you cope with that shit.

Faced with such a pissed off Army... I feel very bad for the Iraqi's. Yes I blame the President for all that. Fucker stayed at home for Vietnam and then have the balls to be a cowboy president.

Guest slamminshaun

Bush is ABSOLUTELY to blame for the war, but not the rape and murder carried out by soldiers. That's like saying whoever started the football program at Fresno or the lacrosse program at Duke is to blame for the rapes going on there. If they hadn't started a football program at Fresno, then obviously that little girl wouldn't have been raped...

At least you finally admitted what I was trying to get you to say all along....this was just another "blame Bush" thread. And quit trying to compare atrocities. Comparing the seriousness of the rape of an 11 year old against another violent crime, and you call me sick? Both atrocities are equally sick, twisted, and evil in nature.

Guest trancepriest

At least you finally admitted what I was trying to get you to say all along....this was just another "blame Bush" thread. And quit trying to compare atrocities. Comparing the seriousness of the rape of an 11 year old against another violent crime' date=' and you call me sick? Both atrocities are equally sick, twisted, and evil in nature.

[/quote']

The degree of evil in the Iraq rape case is more extreme... multiple murder was involved, murder of children and desecration of dead bodies. Surely the 101st airborne scored more point with Satan for those atrocities than did Fresno. Now when you lump in the atrocity of the entire Iraq war... I'm sure Satan must be whacking off at all the innocents we've killed and sodomized. Shaun are you saying that Americans are sick fucks?

Hey I'm changing this thread to 5 more soldiers charged in rape case... sick fucks.

Guest swirlundergrounder

What's even more disturbing is that a couple of these men are still on active duty.

Now someone up in the chain of command would think that the stress of war was bad enough but to be charged with a crime of this nature and dealing with the stress of that and the stress of war together???

It doesn't add up! Decsions like this reflects not only on the leadership within the military command structure but it also reflects upon the leaders that, that military is under command..

Guest coach

Bush is ABSOLUTELY to blame for the war' date=' but not the rape and murder carried out by soldiers. That's like saying whoever started the football program at Fresno or the lacrosse program at Duke is to blame for the rapes going on there. If they hadn't started a football program at Fresno, then obviously that little girl wouldn't have been raped...

[/quote']Actually, it is not the people who *started* the programs, it is the people who are currently in charge of the football programs at Fresno and the lacrosse at Duke that share the blame. Since Bush is still in charge of the war, he is partly to blame. You do understand the fact that blame can be attributed to more than one person, right? A leader is responsible to a certain extent for the actions of his followers. Of course, those followers are ALSO responsible for their own actions, but one is not exclusive of the other. So, while the people who perpetrated these atrocities need to be prosecuted for those specific offenses, their leadership needs to be investigated at the very least for dereliction of duty.

Guest slamminshaun

Actually, it is not the people who *started* the programs, it is the people who are currently in charge of the football programs at Fresno and the lacrosse at Duke that share the blame.

Are you shittin' me? You're actually blaming the coaches?

Guest JMT

i think i stopped having my hand-held while crossing the street in kindergarten. i guess coaches should still be doing it at the collegiate level.

Guest coach

Actually' date=' it is not the people who *started* the programs, it is the people who are currently in charge of the football programs at Fresno and the lacrosse at Duke that share the blame.

[/quote']

Are you shittin' me? You're actually blaming the coaches?

Keep reading. Did you miss the part about shared responsibility? There can be more than one person to blame for a crime.
So, while the people who perpetrated these atrocities need to be prosecuted for those specific offenses, their leadership needs to be investigated at the very least for dereliction of duty.

But, yes, I have always believed that leaders hold some responsibility for how their followers act.

Guest coach

i think i stopped having my hand-held while crossing the street in kindergarten. i guess coaches should still be doing it at the collegiate level.

That's irrelevant.

Guest JMT

That's irrelevant.

huh?

the only way a coach can possible control what the athletes (who are adults) do every waking minute of each day would be to literally attach themselves at the hip.

Guest trancepriest

LOL... I'm sure the 101st airborne bears no responsibility for 5 of its troops gang raping and murdering Iraqi's and another Non Commissioned Officer covering it up. No fault in leadership there. Rape and murder are quite tolerant incidents. And if the 101st Airborne bears no responsibility then of course the commander in chief cannot be blamed.