Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For the Love of GOD .. Please close down "Mission Space"

Bling

ok i realize there is prolly a billion warnings to patrons about the effects of this ride, but this is getting crazy already

this ride JUST MAY BE TOO INTENSE :P

course disney spent a fortune on it and God Forbid they dont want to lose a profit

-------------------------------------------------------------

Woman Loses Consciousness After Disney Ride

ORLANDO, Florida (AP) -- A woman lost consciousness while getting off a Walt Disney World ride, which two people have died on in the past 13 months, authorities said.

The 35-year-old woman was getting off "Mission: Space" when she fell about 8:30 p.m. Monday, Deputy Chief Bo Jones of the Reedy Creek Fire Department told the Orlando Sentinel.

She told rescue workers she had tingling in her arms and hands, Jones said. She was taken by helicopter to Orlando Regional Medical Center in stable condition.

The woman's name has not been released.

A telephone call by The Associated Press to Disney officials was not immediately returned Tuesday morning.

"Mission: Space" spins in a centrifuge that subjects riders to twice the normal force of gravity.

Hiltrud Bluemel, 49, died April 12, one day after she went on the ride. A preliminary report from the Orange County Medical Examiner's Office showed Bluemel died from bleeding of the brain. She also suffered from severe, long standing high blood pressure, according to the medical examiner's office.

A 4-year-old Pennsylvania boy also died last June while riding the attraction. An autopsy determined Daudi Bamuwamye, of Sellersville, Pennsylvania, died of an irregular heartbeat linked to a natural causes

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/D/DISNEY_INJURY?SITE=7219&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-07-11-08-26-19

Guest pod

Umm 2 gees? Fighter pilots regularly hit 8.

She had a prior condition though. I don't see them winning a lawsuit, considering Disney warns you repeatedly about this ride. The most I see is they give the family some shut-up money.

Guest coach

all of these incidents actually make me want to ride it.

I highly recommend it! We ride it everytime we go. I *know* they have turned it down since it opened, though, but it is still pretty intense. I guess they should put up a sign that says:

THIS RIDE MAY KILL YOU

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

IF YOU RIDE THIS AND SUFFER SERIOUS INJURY

OR

DEATH

IT IS YOUR OWN FAULT FOR IGNORING THE WARNING

This would probably increase ridership, actually. The thing is always empty. They even started to give out "bonus" Fastpasses to it when you get a fastpass for the car ride.