Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Borat

Guest pod

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Marina22

Is he ever going back to HBO, though? Maybe the show is done. Borat was the funniest, cause he's so dumb.

• 2 months later...
Guest dahzel

i think it'll be hilarious!! anyone going to see the movie will know what to expect, it's not like it'll win any oscars but it'll be funny."this is my sister, she is # 4 prostitute in all of kazahkistan." ;D

Guest NauticaX

Figure some people might want to check it out :) I might thats for sure!! jagshemesh!! I LAIKEEE WHY NOT!

BORAT

Cultural Learnings of America for

Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

September 20th, 2006

25 CITIES, 6 COUNTRIES, 1 NIGHT, 1 BORAT!

Berlin, GER - Dublin, IRL - London, GB - Sydney, AUS - Toronto, CA

Atlanta, GA - Austin, TX - Boston, MA - Cleveland, OH - Chicago, IL

Dallas, TX - Denver, CO - Kansas City, MO - Los Angeles, CA

Miami, FL - Minneapolis, MN - Nashville, TN - New York, NY

Philadelphia, PA - Phoenix, AZ - Portland, OR - San Diego, CA

San Francisco, CA - Sacramento, CA - Washington DC

ALERT: BORAT HIMSELF WILL ATTEND ONE OF THE BLACK CARPET SCREENINGS!!!

That's right, the man himself will appear at one of the 25 screenings around the world to greet his dedicated fans!

Which screening? We're sworn to secrecy! You'll have to show up to find out which one!

NOT A HOAX! NOT A DREAM! NOT AN IMAGINARY STORY! BORAT WILL BE THERE!

THIS SCREENING IS

FREE!

YOUR PROFILE IS YOUR TICKET!

Bring a printout of your profile with

THE BLACK CARPET and BORAT

in your Top 8/12/24/etc for FREE admittance!

ONE PROFILE, ONE PERSON

FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE

Entry is limited so get there early to ensure success!

THEATER LOCATIONS

PLEASE NOTE: No cellphones or cameras will be allowed in the theater!

INTERNATIONAL

all times local

BERLIN,

GERMANY

CineStar SonyCenter

at the Potsdamer Platz

Potsdamer Stra§e 4

Berlin, GER

Doors: 9pm DUBLIN,

IRELAND

Cineworld Dublin

Parnell Centre

Parnell Street

Dublin, IE

Doors: 8pm LONDON,

ENGLAND

Cineworld Shaftesbury Ave

Trocadero

7-14 Coventry Street

Piccadilly Circus

London, GB

Doors: 8pm SYDNEY,

AUSTRALIA

Hoyts Cinema

Broadway Shopping Centre

Cnr Greek & Bay Street

Broadway 2007

Sydney, AU

Doors: 6pm TORONTO,

CANADA

Paramount

259 Richmond Street West

Toronto, ON M5V 3M6

Doors: 9pm

UNITED STATES

all times local

ATLANTA

Regal Hollywood 24

3265 Northeast Expressway

Chamblee, GA, 30341

Doors: 9pm DALLAS

Studio Movie Grill

4721 W. Park Blvd. #100

Plano, TX 75093

Doors: 9pm MINNEAPOLIS

AMC Southdale

400 Southdale Center

Edina, MN 55435

Doors: 9pm PORTLAND

Regal Lloyd Center

1510 NE Multnomah Blvd.

Portland, OR 97232

AUSTIN

Alamo Draft House South Lamar

1120 S. Lamar

Austin, TX 78704

Doors: 9pm DENVER

CC Cherry Creek

3000 East First Ave.

Denver, CO 80206

Doors: 9pm NASHVILLE

Regal Green Hills

3815 Green Hills Village Dr

Nashville, TN 37215

Doors: 9pm SACRAMENTO

Century Downtown Plaza

445 Downtown Plaza

Sacramento, CA 95814

BOSTON

Regal Fenway

210 Brookline Ave

Boston, MA 02155

Doors: 9pm KANSAS CITY

AMC Studio 30

12075 S. Strang Line Road

Kansas City, MO 66062

Doors: 9pm NEW YORK CITY

AMC Empire

234 W. 42nd. St at 8th Ave

New York City, NY 10036

Doors: 9pm SAN DIEGO

Edwards Mira Mesa 18

10733 Westview Pkwy

San Diego, CA 92126

CLEVELAND

Richmond Town Center

631 Richmond Road

Richmond Hts, OH 44143

Doors: 9pm LOS ANGELES

AMC Century City

10250 Santa Monica Blvd

Suite 2000

Los Angeles, CA 90067

Doors: 9pm PHILADELPHIA

UA Riverview

1400 S. Columbus Blvd

Philadelphia, PA 19467

Doors: 8pm SAN FRANCISCO

AMC Metreon

101 Fourth Street

3rd Floor

San Francisco, CA 94103

CHICAGO

AMC 600

600 N. Michigan Ave

Chicago, IL 60611

Doors: 9pm MIAMI

AMC Aventura

Aventura Mall

19501 Biscayne Blvd

Aventura FL 33180

Doors: 9pm PHOENIX

Harkins Arizona Mills

5000 E Arizona Mills Circle

Tempe, Arizona 85254

Doors: 9pm WASHINGTON DC

Georgetown

3111 K Street, NW

Washington DC 20007

LOVE BORAT? LOVE MUSIC? CHECK OUT THE SOUNDTRACK!

Borat: Stereophonic Musical Listenings That Have Been Origin In Moving Film "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan." Avaiilable October 31st on Kuzcek Records and Downtown/Atlantic Records.

SEE YOU SOON!

Guest Marina22

I can't wait to see this one but it looks like Da Ali G show might be kaput after this movie, hopefully not though. Did anyone see that ABC report on Nightline, it was on the Yahoo main page on Friday? Kazakstan's political leaders are pissed to say the least but who cares, he's a comedian for pete's sake!

Guest JMT

White House gates shut to 'Kazakh reporter' comic

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Borat, the fictional TV reporter from Kazakhstan, may have gotten under the skin of Kazakh officials but on Thursday he couldn't get past the gates of the White House.

genImage.aspx?uri=2006-09-29T124638Z_01_N28213372_RTRUKOP_2_PICTURE2.jpg&resize=full

Secret Service agents turned away British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen, in character as the boorish, anti-Semitic journalist, when he tried to invite "Premier George Walter Bush" to a screening of his upcoming movie, "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan."

Also invited to the screening: O.J. Simpson, "Mel Gibsons" and other "American dignitaries."

Cohen's stunt was timed to coincide with an official visit by Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev, who is scheduled to meet with Bush on Friday.

Nazarbayev and other Kazakh officials have sought to raise the profile of the oil-rich former Soviet republic and assure the West that, contrary to Borat's claims, theirs is not a nation of drunken anti-Semites who treat their women worse than their donkeys.

Kazakhstan is expected to become one of the top 10 oil producers within a decade. A U.S. ally with troops in Iraq, the country has drawn criticism for its deteriorating civil liberties and flawed elections.

Shortly after Nazarbayev dedicated a statue in front of the Kazakh embassy, Borat denounced an official Kazakh publicity campaign running in U.S. magazines as "disgusting fabrications" orchestrated by neighboring Uzbekistan.

"If there is one more item of Uzbek propaganda claiming that we do not drink fermented horse urine, give death penalty for baking bagels, or export over 300 tonnes of human pubis per year, then we will be left with no alternative but to commence bombardment of their cities with our catapults," Borat said.

Cohen, 35, who is Jewish, recently co-starred in the recent U.S. box office hit "Talladega Nights" and has appeared in TV comedy series "Da Ali G Show" on U.S. cable channel HBO and Britain's Channel 4.

Cohen's "Borat" comedy routine has drawn legal threats from the Kazakh government, which keeps a tight lid on criticism in its news media.

Kazakh press secretary Roman Vasilenko said he was worried that some may take the Borat routine seriously.

"He is not a Kazakh. What he represents is a country of Boratastan, a country of one," Vasilenko told Reuters.

Reuters

Guest ALKO-HAULIC

as many of you that know me know that i am "number one fan of borat in all of U.S and A" This movie gets two thumbs up, five stars whatever you want to call it. I havnt laughed so hard during a movie from beginning to end EVER!!! This may actually be the funniest movie i have EVER seen. borat is relentless in his crude antics throughout the whole movie. He expands on every aspect of the character from the show in great detail. There really isnt too much that you havent seen or heard if you are a fan of the show..but it goes in to much more detail. Althoug there are parts that i felt may have been over the top bashing jews (its funny because cohen is a jew himself) For a laughing out loud, crying, stomach huting, quoting good time go see Borat.

Jagshemesh,

I liiiiiike!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest ddg

I can't wait to see this, I even made my dad a fan overnight. :D Alki, you really need to be Borat for Halloween. ;)

he was last year.....it was fucking hilarious.....we were all breaking it down at space last year...hardcore.... ;)

Guest Cosmigonon

I can't wait to see this, I even made my dad a fan overnight. :D Alki, you really need to be Borat for Halloween. ;)

he was last year.....it was fucking hilarious.....we were all breaking it down at space last year...hardcore.... ;)

BEST HALLOWEEN COSTUME EVER!!! ;D

063.jpg

Guest Devilicious

This year's costume has already been decided as well, it's gonna be good! ;)

Guest Marina22

No Borat! I guess the curly fro is not that easy to pull off.

063.jpg

who's that handsome devil with the burger king mask on?

Guest Electric Eel

Hell yeah!

Guest Cosmigonon

063.jpg

who's that handsome devil with the burger king mask on?

I don't know, but he freaked me out... :-[

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JMT

'Borat' Screenings Slashed in the US

th-SachaBaron_Grant_11048738_400.jpg

British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen's controversial new comedy movie has been cut from more than half the 2,000 US cinemas it was supposed to debut in this weekend over fears film fans won't get the comic's Borat character. In the film, Borat: Cultural Learnings Of America For Make Great Benefit Glorious Nation Of Kazakhstan, Cohen plays an offensive Kazakhstan TV journalist trying to get to grips with life in America. The movie has already upset politicians in Kazakhstan, who insist the comedian's character paints a terrible picture of their country, and now film distributors in the US fear cinemagoers will find the movie more offensive than funny. The film was scheduled to open in 2,000 cinemas across America on Friday, but it will now bow in only 700. Movie executives at Twentieth Century Fox pulled the plug on the wide opening after the film tested poorly. Distribution official Bruce Snyder tells the Los Angeles Times newspaper, "Our research showed it was soft in awareness." Fox bosses hope to add cinemas a week after the film opens.

Guest JMT

keep it in the ghetto... Funkyzeit mit Brüno coming soon!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Borat success sparks million dollar bidding war for rights to next film

Last updated at 20:00pm on 27th October 2006

Borat star Sacha Baron Cohen is at the centre of a major bidding war to secure exclusive rights to a new film based on his latest character.

boratG241006_228x371.jpg

Hollywood film company Universal is offering £22 million for the worldwide rights to the film Bruno, based on a flamboyant gay Austrian fashion reporter.

A counter-bid is understood to have come in from Twentieth Century Fox, which was behind the Borat movie.

Further bids are assured as the low-budget Borat attracts rave reviews. Baron Cohen - as actor, writer and producer - is guaranteed at least a 15 per cent share of the deal for Bruno and, if box-office takings are good, his take could spiral into tens of millions. He's already set for a bumper pay day from Borat.

News of the bidding war came just a day after red-faced bosses at Fox admitted they had slashed the number of cinemas at which Borat opens this weekend in the US.

It had been scheduled to open in 2,000 cinemas, but will now open in only 700.

Fox executives pulled the plug on the wide opening after the film tested poorly, leading them to expect scathing reviews.

To their surprise, and now embarrassment, the reviews have been overwhelmingly positive. The film has also received massive coverage in the media.

Fox distribution official Bruce Snyder said studio bosses were now hoping to extend the film to as many cinemas as possible in the coming week.

The new film will feature the character Bruno, made popular from Da Ali G television show in 2000, as he travels around the US where he targets homophobic Americans by showing up at such events as gun shows, with the intention of provoking a reaction.

Like Borat, Bruno will entertain audiences with the same sartorial blunders and level of controversy.

A spokesman for gay rights campaign Stonewall predicts the film may spark off further debate and potential controversy.

"This character will definitely cause a debate especially among the gay community themselves about whether this character is helping to further their cause or make things worse.

"People do have different views, some may find it hilarious and some will take offence. This film is bound to impact the same way the gay character in Little Britain did.

"It seems to be that he is using gay and lesbians in the movie and that seems to be his style with his characters, like he did with Ali G and Borat".

The film Borat: Cultural Learnings Of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation Of Kazakhstan looks set to be a hit in both the UK and America despite controversy over his offensive portrayal of Kazakhstan.

Speaking at the Oxford University Union, Erlan Idrissov, UK Ambassador for Kazakhstan added to the debate about the film.

He said: "Sacha Baron Cohen has developed a grotesque character who mocks many people in this society and my own.

"What I saw of the film was not Kazakhstan. He used village people from a very remote part of Eastern Europe. I am also very sorry for the people who acted in Borat's film because he used them for his own self promotion.

"And also I felt sorry for the Americans he duped in his film,that was an utterly rude mocking of American society. I couldn't get rid of a small feeling of being insulted by the film."

Sacha Baron Cohen, a Bafta Award winner for Best Comedy Series in 2001, first hit the screens as Ali G in the channel four series of the Eleven O'clock Show.

Following the success in the UK, the show was then taken over by the US, where it aired on HBO.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=413076&in_page_id=1773