Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Borat

Guest pod

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my sister saw it said it was so so. finally saw ali g last nite for first time marathon on hbo comedy.....

i understand its humor but borat goes overboard on jew jokes just for that i may pass on this flick.... could do without that IMHO

Guest Marina22

People get their panties in a bunch over political incorrectness these days, it's just satire. Try reading Voltaire's 'Candide' for some great classic satire. Sascha Baron Cohen is getting away with everything he says as Borat because it's a character just like Bruno and Ali G. People either love it or hate it, it seems.

didnt know till christina told me. havent really paid attention till this weekend when hbo comedy had all 2 seasons of the show on a marathon watched it all day

either way ill perhaps see it but if i go to a flick today ill see the prestige

Guest Slide On The Ice

I tried to see this today at the Muvico 20 in Boca but it was sold out when I got there. I didnt' find it playing in many Broward theaters at all. I guess managers are wary of the controversy at their theaters if they show it?

Guest Marina22

I want to see it but hope it makes me laugh till it hurts. I briefly introduced my father to various Borat, Bruno, and Ali G clips one night and he loved it so I think he wants to go watch this for his b-day movie.

saw it tonight - i never laughed so hard - my date didnt like it too much but, so it ain't for everybody i guess, but the whole threater was laughing hysterically and so was i ;D

"You must come my village! You can stay my house, you can use my sister - or my brother Bilo if your flavor more boy. You can do anything to him - he do not remember nothing! He is a sex crazy!"

Guest JMT

saw it last night. it was hilarious, but a little uneven. i was hoping for more interviews and stunts like on the show. i thought there should have been more of that, and less of the scripted parts and pretending like borat is a real person, since every viewer already knows its a character. but there are definitely some huge laughs, and this would probably be the funniest "movie film" of the year if not for jackass 2. SBC is a true comedic genius. not many people can say the things he does while keeping a straight face and risking personal injury.

;D

B++ (only because the show set the bar so high)

I tried to see this today at the Muvico 20 in Boca but it was sold out when I got there. I didnt' find it playing in many Broward theaters at all. I guess managers are wary of the controversy at their theaters if they show it?

But yet BOCA shows it....lol.

Ps...I live 2 minutes from that Muvico. I think Darren and I are going to see it this weekend.

Guest Slide On The Ice

Ps...I live 2 minutes from that Muvico. I think Darren and I are going to see it this weekend.

Only 2 minutes from there? It would have been nice to run into you there.

I finally saw it last night at Regal on Cypress Creek. Hilarious movie. I loved it. I thought it got lame and unfunny toward the end though. I guess after the naked fighting is when it started losing luster for me. But it was definately a funny flick overall. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. :D

I'm Jewish but I laughed at Borat's Jew jokes. But when I was walking out there was an old couple walking out behind me, and the man was saying to his wife, "I shoulda walked out in the middle of it. He calls himself a Jew? He's a disgrace!" :P

Guest Electric Eel

I haven't seen it yet, hopefully this weekend or next week but my sister saw it and said that when he's supposedly speaking kashak?? he's actually speaking hebrew, lol

Guest ddg

i was there on wednesday to c the departed..was thinking about calling and saying hello..

Guest Slide On The Ice

BLINGS REVIEW OF BORAT.........

HAVENT SEEN IT YET ;D

Thank you for your thorough and informative review. It makes me want to see the movie all over again. ;D