Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The United Israeli States Of America...

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest Slide On The Ice

So what's up? No one has anything to say about this???

I'll respond when I have more time. On the run at the mo.

Guest dahzel

i have jewish family and friends and they always say, " israel has always been messed with and they don't take any shit." soooooooooooo, lets just start a war because you kidnapped 2 soldiers?!?!? there were other ways of handling this besides to instantly launch rockets at them. i mean really, look at what this has escalated into. i'm not being insensitive to the 2 soldiers or their families. are all these othere innocent ppl dying necessary over 2 soldiers being taken? Marginal Benefit does not outweigh the Marginal Cost on this one.

Guest obby

i have jewish family and friends and they always say, " israel has always been messed with and they don't take any shit." soooooooooooo, lets just start a war because you kidnapped 2 soldiers?!?!? there were other ways of handling this besides to instantly launch rockets at them. i mean really, look at what this has escalated into. i'm not being insensitive to the 2 soldiers or their families. are all these othere innocent ppl dying necessary over 2 soldiers being taken? Marginal Benefit does not outweigh the Marginal Cost on this one.

Fair enough but let me ask you. What other ways could Israel handle this situation. Try not to mention methods that they have been tried already because they obviously haven't worked. History has proven that.

I'm all ears (eyes)

;D

Yo Terry..............Just a reminder.

10006252.jpg

:P

Guest dahzel

Fair enough but let me ask you. What other ways could Israel handle this situation. Try not to mention methods that they have been tried already because they obviously hasn't worked. History has proven that.

I'm all ears (eyes)

;D

10006252.jpg

anything to not start a war. ANYTHING. i mean, they just started firing missles and didn't even try anything else. i know they're dealing w/ terrorist but like i already said, is what it has turned into really worth it?

Guest swirlundergrounder

Fair enough but let me ask you. What other ways could Israel handle this situation. Try not to mention methods that they have been tried already because they obviously haven't worked. History has proven that.

I'm all ears (eyes)

;D

10006252.jpg

I have no other response but to laugh at that picture......LOL ;D

Guest obby

Fair enough but let me ask you. What other ways could Israel handle this situation. Try not to mention methods that they have been tried already because they obviously hasn't worked. History has proven that.

I'm all ears (eyes)

;D

10006252.jpg

anything to not start a war. ANYTHING. i mean, they just started firing missles and didn't even try anything else. i know they're dealing w/ terrorist but like i already said, is what it has turned into really worth it?

Anything is not an answer. You need to be more specific. No one likes war. Expensive and unfortunately innocent people die. Negotiations have failed over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over (can someone post the exact amount of years negotiations have been tried and failed). This has already gotten to the point were for this to end....one side must lose. Badly. Call me crazy but I am hoping for the side who wants Jews and Americans dead to lose BADLY.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Anything is not an answer. You need to be more specific. No one likes war. Expensive and unfortunately innocent people die. Negotiations have failed over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over (can someone post the exact amount of years negotiations have been tried and failed). This has already gotten to the point were for this to end....one side must lose. Badly. Call me crazy but I am hoping for the side who wants Jews and Americans dead to lose BADLY.

In a way I have to agree with you. This has to end and the cycle might never stop until something bad happens to one side or the other.

I think after more than half a century of this shit going on (excuse my Bushism) that they would solve this on going conflict. But it seems as if everything has been done.

I wonder what the middle east would have been like today if Sadat was not assasinated. Do any of you remember when that happened?

I went and ate at an Israeli Deli the other day and everyone in there was guled to thier TVs. My wife works for a company that is owned by a group of Israeli's. Surprised to hear that not everyone wanst war but there are also those among them who have such a deep hatred for Arabs and vice versa.

It's just to bad that a lot of innocent people are being killled and that this war is turning hundreds of thousands of people into refugees.

Guest dahzel

I'm all ears (eyes)

;D

10006252.jpg

so w/ everything elsein the past that has happened, this is what starts it? hezbollah (sp?) was just waiting for it to start, they're ready for war anytime. i know it was inevitable but i think it's ridiculous this is what sparked it. whatever the reason, it's on now. and it'll mos def get a lot worse before it gets any better.

Guest obby

Saday was assasinated in 1981

Speaking of Egypt. Have you noticed how the three key Countries in that region have not fully condemned Israel actions? Saudi Arabia (the money of that region) Egypt (Key democracy in that region) and Jordan (the superior intelligence gatherers of that region). Doesn't it make you wonder? That itself states a lot. They too agree that Hezbollah and Hamas must be defeated in order to regain stability in that region but do not dare say it.

Guest musicalmissionary

What other ways could Israel handle this situation.

At the beginning of this whole thing... I recall the media reporting that the soldier's kidnappers had requested the release of political prisoners being held by Israel. Unfortunately, the media doesn't mention this part of the conflict anymore for some odd reason.

So... maybe Israel should try to make sure they aren't holding anymore prisoners on dubious bullshit charges.

Or did I miss something? Has Israel released anyone since the soldiers were kidnapped?

Guest sross

Terrorist organisations can't be defeated by war. If you kill one terrorist, his brother and first born son join the cause to avenge what they perceived to be an injustice. It is a vicious cycle. Talking, however often it has failed in the past, is the solution altohugh even that will only ever guarantee partial success.

Guest trancepriest

Terrorist organisations can't be defeated by war. If you kill one terrorist, his brother and first born son join the cause to avenge what they perceived to be an injustice. It is a vicious cycle. Talking, however often it has failed in the past, is the solution altohugh even that will only ever guarantee partial success.

Terrorism in my mind is caused by injustice and disparities of power. A feeling by one group that it has been grievously oppressed beyond any alternative means of recourse other than to inflect the same terror that they've witnessed. Basically it comes down to this.. if the enemy kills your family or people... then you feel that you have the right to kill their family or people. This is a practice of all out war. The same type of war that Israel likes to use.

If civilians get killed by Israeli bombs then the Lebanese aren't going to say that the Israeli's made a mistake... which in reality alot of times was deliberate. The Lebanese will say that they now have the right to kill in revenge of the innocent losses suffered on their side. So acts of spiralling violence occur. Israel has committed many acts of injustice in that part of the world.... highly disproportional to any injustice inflected on them.

If Israel bombs a power plant, a gas station, a bridge, factories, a housing building... then they've deliberately committed acts of violence in complete disregard for civilian lives. Israel has done all of this repeatedly and for decades my friends. They've done much more... for example stealling precious water from Lebanon, top soil and leaving thousands of landmines in Lebanon that they won't inform anyone of the locations. They've created an apartheid state and routinely kidnap people which they then hold without charges for an indefinte period of time.. thousands of people are held in this manner. Assassinations are routinely committed.

A moral equivalency between Hamas, Hezbollah and the IDF exist. I would even go so far to say that the IDF is more evil. A colonialist war machine committing acts of war crime. Why is Israel targetting garbage trucks in Lebanon?

New York Times:

"In other raids, Israeli aircraft hit parked goods vans in the Bekaa, and a private power generator and garbage trucks in Beirut's Christian suburb of Baabda, near the presidential palace. There were no reports of casualties in the strikes."

Why are they targeting privatey owned dairy farms, plastic, paper and pharmaceutical factories?

Guest sross

Terrorism in my mind is caused by injustice and disparities of power. A feeling by one group that it has been grievously oppressed beyond any alternative means of recourse other than to inflect the same terror that they've witnessed.

Very true. What some people see as terrorism, others will hail as freedom fighting.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Terrorism in my mind is caused by injustice and disparities of power. A feeling by one group that it has been grievously oppressed beyond any alternative means of recourse other than to inflect the same terror that they've witnessed.

Very true. What some people see as terrorism, others will hail as freedom fighting.

I wonder what mother England called us when our ancestors (well not my ancestors but the founding fathers of this country) fought for it's soverignty??

Guest trancepriest

I wonder what mother England called us when our ancestors (well not my ancestors but the founding fathers of this country) fought for it's soverignty??

Traitors? LOL. Heck Nelson Mandela was once a terrorist.

the american revolutionaries were also the first to engage in "guerilla warfare". the redcoats thought we were dishonorable fighters cause we wouldn't stand in an open field and march slowly toward the enemy while both sides took turns shooting.

Guest bcnjunkie

Hezbolla never drove out the Isarelis from southern Lebanon during the occupation. They left on their own accord with the understanding that neither side would cross each others' borders. They left the responsability of Hezbolla to the Lebanese goverment and they are accountable for Hezbollas' actions since they reside in Lebanon. If the Israelis did nothing it would only give carte blanche to Hezbolla to do as they please knowing that there would be minor consequences. Israel is in full right to defend itself. What I disagree with is that Isarel keeps "playing" with Lebanon. Get it over and done with ... go in and take down Hezbolla now. I think the majority of the Lebanese population would appreciate it in the end.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Hezbolla never drove out the Isarelis from southern Lebanon during the occupation. They left on their own accord with the understanding that neither side would cross each others' borders. They left the responsability of Hezbolla to the Lebanese goverment and they are accountable for Hezbollas' actions since they reside in Lebanon. If the Israelis did nothing it would only give carte blanche to Hezbolla to do as they please knowing that there would be minor consequences. Israel is in full right to defend itself. What I disagree with is that Isarel keeps "playing" with Lebanon. Get it over and done with ... go in and take down Hezbolla now. I think the majority of the Lebanese population would appreciate it in the end.

Hmm the impression I got over the last few days is that Hezbolla is supported by the Lebanese government, it's population, and other Arab (not all Arab) nations such as Syria and Iran.

The Lebanese President himself said that he has deployed troops to the southern region of Lebanon to give support to Hezbollah against an invasion by Israeli forces.

Now the Lebanese military of 60,000 is no match for the modern arms of the Israeli military so if the situation escalates any further Syria and Iran will start giving their military support to Hezbollah and the Lebanese military.

Guest bcnjunkie

The Lebanese goverment is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Since its a Christian goverment it has to play its cards right and set a balance between its' 50% Muslim and 50% Christian population. Most Christians in the country see Hezbollah as a problem and are indifferent towards Israel. If the Goverment does nothing it will be in conflict with the interests of its' Muslim population and could even subject to a coup with the help of Muslim nations who have had their eye on Lebanon ... it's perfect timing for Syria and Iran. Hezbollah only has a few representatives in goverment and doesn't have full support of the entire Muslim population but it does have support mentioned neighboring countries