Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So who's side is the U.S on anyways??

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

In one instance you have Condi Rice travelling to the Beruit Today speaking with the government there but not calling for a cease fire for the conflict going on for 13 days that has killed and seriously wounded scores of Lebabese civilians. I have not yet seen any footage of dead members of Hezbollah. The US believes that a cease fire will do no good unless it is a sustained one.

The US has commited to deploy helicopters and ships to aid the humanitarian crisis that the Lebanse are now facing as a result to the constant bombardment of the Lebanese infrastructure (including hospitals) by the Isreali military.

And on the other side of the coin, Condi Rice is now travelling to Israel to discuss the ongoing conflict with the Israeli government.

So the Lebanese call for an immediate cease fire. The US says nope but here's some humanitarian aid for you and now we're off to speak to the people who have pretty much fucked up the country that you spent the last 20 years rebuilding...

Guest sross

Simple...our side.

lol, true. The Rice visit smacks of opportunism - the administration hasn't given a damn about the Israel/Palestine issue except when they were trying to drum up support for war in Iraq with the 'roadmap'.

Guest LeVeL

We will be giving Aid to the citizens in Lebanon but we are also not stopping Israel from Bombing Hezbollah.

I think U.S. is playing devils advocate here, they are helping Lebanon because they know that the Islamic People throughout the Middle-East are viewing the U.S. as a nation that backs Israel, so by helping the people in Lebanon with Aid they are hoping to change people's views by siding with the Lebanon people but not supporting Hezbollah a terrorist organization.

Guest sross

We will be giving Aid to the citizens in Lebanon but we are also not stopping Israel from Bombing Hezbollah.

I think U.S. is playing devils advocate here' date=' they are helping Lebanon because they know that the Islamic People throughout the Middle-East are viewing the U.S. as a nation that backs Israel, so by helping the people in Lebanon with Aid they are hoping to change people's views by siding with the Lebanon people but not supporting Hezbollah a terrorist organization.

[/quote']

Hmmm, good point. I suppose they are caught between a rock and hard place, not wanting to alienate either side.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I think U.S. is playing devils advocate here, they are helping Lebanon because they know that the Islamic People throughout the Middle-East are viewing the U.S. as a nation that backs Israel, so by helping the people in Lebanon with Aid they are hoping to change people's views by siding with the Lebanon people but not supporting Hezbollah a terrorist organization.

Hmmm, good point. I suppose they are caught between a rock and hard place, not wanting to alienate either side.

Hmm then the U.S should have thought about not alienating one side or the other when we give Israel the most foriegn finacial aid out of any other country in the world for the past several decades. The US should have also thought about this as they arm Israel every year with the latest in military technology..

Guest sross

I think U.S. is playing devils advocate here' date=' they are helping Lebanon because they know that the Islamic People throughout the Middle-East are viewing the U.S. as a nation that backs Israel, so by helping the people in Lebanon with Aid they are hoping to change people's views by siding with the Lebanon people but not supporting Hezbollah a terrorist organization.

[/quote']

Hmm then the U.S should have thought about not alienating one side or the other when we give Israel the most foriegn finacial aid out of any other country in the world for the past several decades. The US should have also thought about this as they arm Israel every year with the latest in military technology..

Hindsight though isn't it? If the US knew that their policies (especially towards Israel) would lead to (or at least play a part) in attacks like 9/11, I'm sure they wouldn't have pursued them quite so rigorously. Perhaps they are turning over a new leaf or perhaps this is just a damage limitations/PR exercise?

Guest Mattivi

the original mistake was made back in 1948 by allocating all that land to them in the first place. and to think that we are just going to own up to that mistake and take back every misgiving is hilarious to me. the situation is fu-barred but sitting here playing the " woulda, shoulda, coulda" blame game is an exercise in futility. its a tenuous, sensitive situation and we will continue to handle it that way. but we will never, ever, own up to a past mistake. and i dont think we should, we cant back down as the most powerful country in the world we will look like a bunch of pussies.

the United States will always back Israel... nuff said....

once Hezbollah is removed from power. the Lebanese government in my opinion should and will take control of their country as they should.... if it requires the aid of the US thru troops stationed to prevent further outbreaks then so be it

Guest trancepriest

the United States will always back Israel... nuff said....

once Hezbollah is removed from power. the Lebanese government in my opinion should and will take control of their country as they should.... if it requires the aid of the US thru troops stationed to prevent further outbreaks then so be it

Would you ever fight for Israel?

Guest JMT

the original mistake was made back in 1948 by allocating all that land to them in the first place. and to think that we are just going to own up to that mistake and take back every misgiving is hilarious to me. the situation is fu-barred but sitting here playing the " woulda, shoulda, coulda" blame game is an exercise in futility. its a tenuous, sensitive situation and we will continue to handle it that way. but we will never, ever, own up to a past mistake. and i dont think we should, we cant back down as the most powerful country in the world we will look like a bunch of pussies.

who is "we"? the UN created Israel.

just what is the statute of limitations on land? i mean, we are supposed to feel bad about taking the indian's land, which was over 100 years ago. but here we have Israel created in 1948, which is essentially the same land they occupied a couple thousand years ago until the Romans kicked them out.

Guest swirlundergrounder

just what is the statute of limitations on land? i mean, we are supposed to feel bad about taking the indian's land, which was over 100 years ago. but here we have Israel created in 1948, which is essentially the same land they occupied a couple thousand years ago until the Romans kicked them out.

We should just disolve Israel, move them all here since about half of the 13 million Jews in the world live here anyways. And then tell the rest of the Arab world if you fuck with us anymore we will go Hiroshima and Nagasaki on your asses!!

Jerusalem can be a UN controlled neutural terriotory...

Guest Mattivi

and we along with Britian, more or less, conceived the UN. and in case your wondering Arabs have occupied that land for longer than 2000 years, so thats a mute point. the land should be shared, but the way i see it the palestinans have been getting the shaft for the past half century.