Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ok im pissed

Bling

Guest jamu

You should pee in a corner and tell him you claimed territory. :P

Moving sucks I know man. I am getting ready to move to PR to go back to school. I am not looking foward to it. Best of luck on your move.

Guest swirlundergrounder

no internet or cable during the transition...ack lol

Oh no your post count is going to go way down and you will miss the rest of 'So You Think You Can Dance"?? LOL

Guest macboy

Told you to get a sidekick. ;)

Well I'm not moving any time soon and I most certainly don't want to feel ya. :P

Guest Electric Eel

I can't believe your parents have been paying someone elses mortgage for 7 years, might as well look for a place to purchase since you are moving anyway.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Maybe this is a chance for you to get a place of your own.

for real!

what's with all these grown folks that still live with their parents? sheesh i was out of the house when i was 18.

There's nothing wrong with living with your parents for a while. But here in Miami, if you want to pimp you need your own place!!

Oh no your post count is going to go way down and you will miss the rest of 'So You Think You Can Dance"?? LOL

i dont watch that shit lol

im only watchin that superhero reality show its a train wreck but its soo damn funny lol

I can't believe your parents have been paying someone elses mortgage for 7 years, might as well look for a place to purchase since you are moving anyway.

thats what we are looking for get a place buy it then sell it or use it as an investment property and rent it out in a yr.. so i can move out once im situated financially from my recent promotion

Guest pod

It's an odd thing I've noticed down here, a lot of people shack up with their parents well into their twenties.

I asked a friend of mine once about it, and she said that it is largely a "Latin Thing", where the child, especially the girl, isn't expected to move until they get married. The guy is needed to help around the house, and generally a Latin woman living on her own is traditionally looked upon as living in sin, or as she put it (she's Latin), "my parents would think I was a whore..."

I mean even if my parents did live down here, I would want a space of my own just for the privacy.

Nonetheless, moving is a pain in the ass if you have a lot of stuff. Also, Bling, you should probably pre-order your internet service once you figure out where you are going. I lucked out on my last move, in the fact that my apt has wi-fi for the whole property, but when I've moved in the past, I've called ahead and told Bellsouth or Atlantic BB that I need the connection live by such and such a date and if you plan ahead, they can do it. Most downtime I've had in a moving situation is maybe a weekend.

Guest swirlundergrounder

It's an odd thing I've noticed down here, a lot of people shack up with their parents well into their twenties.

I asked a friend of mine once about it, and she said that it is largely a "Latin Thing", where the child, especially the girl, isn't expected to move until they get married. The guy is needed to help around the house, and generally a Latin woman living on her own is traditionally looked upon as living in sin, or as she put it (she's Latin), "my parents would think I was a whore..."

I mean even if my parents did live down here, I would want a space of my own just for the privacy.

Nonetheless, moving is a pain in the ass if you have a lot of stuff. Also, Bling, you should probably pre-order your internet service once you figure out where you are going. I lucked out on my last move, in the fact that my apt has wi-fi for the whole property, but when I've moved in the past, I've called ahead and told Bellsouth or Atlantic BB that I need the connection live by such and such a date and if you plan ahead, they can do it. Most downtime I've had in a moving situation is maybe a weekend.

yeah it's a Filipino thing also. I was back and forth between living on my own and living at my parents when I was in my 20's. Usually when I broke up with a girl I was living with, I'd move back to my parents for a few months and then move out again.

Can't do that no more...lol

But I never had to pay rent. I never had to help around the house etc.. I had to learn how to do all that stuff on my own. Plus my parents being clean freaks like they are naturally turned me into a clean/neat freak anyways...

For about a year (a few years ago in Seattle) I had a funny set up where I was living with my parents in the suburbs and my best friend had a place in the city. He would go out of town during the weekends so I had a key to the place and I always spent my weekends over there, went out did my gigs, partied and had a crash/pre funk pad..Then on Monday mornings I would go back to my parents house and do the work week thing and then when Friday rolled around I would go and stay in the city..

Worked out good for my best friend because he was a slob. Then me, being the neat freak that I'am, I couldn't stand to stay in a messy place for 3 days so I would clean it up. So when my buddy came home, he had a clean place. So he excited for me to stay there on the weekends...LOL

Worked out good for me and I saved a lot of money...lol

Guest Electric Eel

I think a big thing down here is for people to go to college at FIU or UM where you can still live at home and go to school. Since I went away to school there was no way when I moved back down here that I could live with my parents. I tried it for a few weeks right after I graduated and was looking for a place and it was tough! Its not that my parents were strict but I didn't like them seeing me going out and coming home at who knows what time of the night/morning.