Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Shooting inside Downtown Club....

Guest mp3some

Guest mp3some

Gunfire Empties Miami Club, Wounds 2

(CBS4 News) MIAMI A downtown Miami nightclub erupted into chaos early Sunday morning when someone opened fire into a group of people at Club Envy, sending two people to the hospital. Police are still looking for the gunman.

The shooting happened at around 3:30 a.m. Sunday at the club at NW 2nd avenue and 11th Street, according to the Miami police department. Witnesses say they herard shots ring out, creating pandemonium. When the shots ended, the gunman was gone and two people were bleeding from gunshot wounds.

One was hit in the leg, another in the chest, and both were taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital.

Witness Shawn Shamazzi said the fight apparently started between a past employee and a current club employee over a girlfriend. They say the men left the club but returned later, just before the shots were fired.

(© MMVI, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

http://cbs4.com/local/local_story_211144740.html

I never understood why miami is so laid back on door screenings at clubs. At least a pat-down would be appropriate.

Maybe even a metal detector wouldnt be a bad idea........

Guest pod

Oh please. If you've ever seen the element coming in and out of that club, you'd be shocked to know it hasn't happened earlier.

An aggressive door policy heads off 99 percent of any problems, without having to install a detector or have searches. You think lines are long now? Searches will hog up even more time. Fuck that noise. Let the New York clubs violate people's civil rights.

Guest itsspeed

there was two people? i remember see'in one person... i hope he's doin better... hope the club closes down soon..

Guest Untouchable Chino

..i had the worst luck.. i was just passing the front of the club when they started running out of the club and throwing the barricades to the side..i was like..ohh nah... and it was 3 people who got shot..2 were picked up at the club and a 3rd one was dropped off by friends at jackson memorial.. and trust me..there is not much difference between the crowd on a saturday at LIFE and the crowd at METROPOLIS on a sunday..same thing..

Guest wasted24_7

Excessive security measures at the door aren't necessary everywhere, but ESPECIALLY some places..id Life, metro, etc..

Dont know how that could've slipped by anyone ::)

The condo people are licking their chops, they are going to shut that whole street down...

Keep shooting, the condo people are keeping score and soon enough 11st will be GONE, which includes Space, even LP will loose that battle, thus why he's going back to the beach...

Guest coach

An aggressive door policy heads off 99 percent of any problems, without having to install a detector or have searches. You think lines are long now? Searches will hog up even more time. Fuck that noise. Let the New York clubs violate people's civil rights.

That's funny, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Guest coach

..i had the worst luck.. i was just passing the front of the club when they started running out of the club and throwing the barricades to the side..i was like..ohh nah...

Heh, I think the people who got shot actually had the "worst" luck!

Guest pod

The condo people are licking their chops, they are going to shut that whole street down...

Again, my thoughts are that it will be a bit more difficult, since the area is the city-sanctioned district for nightclubs. Though hedging your bets and playing safe hasn't harmed anyone.

If anything, if I was the city or a lobbyist for the area, I would really lean on clubs with a history or a propensity for violence to shut down.

Again, my thoughts are that it will be a bit more difficult, since the area is the city-sanctioned district for nightclubs. Though hedging your bets and playing safe hasn't harmed anyone.

If anything, if I was the city or a lobbyist for the area, I would really lean on clubs with a history or a propensity for violence to shut down.

Pod, it doesn't matter what it's sanctioned as, the fact is, they will just start to enforce current laws..

1. parking

2. moviing violations

3. seatbelt usage

4. county sound violations (clubs)

5. car registration expiration tickets

6. drinking in public

7. littering

8. car sound violations

9. crusing laws if there are any

10. lotering laws

11. jay walking laws

12. Fire Codes

13. permit for the clubs

14. Taxes for the clubs

15. outdoor food vendor license and or health inspections

16. club health inspections

I can keep going..... In Belmar NJ is is illegal to play beer pong on your front lawn... These tactics will come to miami, especially when the court system is making so much $$$$$$$$

Guest pod

It's also illegal to detonate a nuclear weapon within the city limits of Chico, California. If you do they fine you $500.

Nonetheless, with the condos and so forth, it will end up being a game of move the clubs. Music tastes aside, people do like to go out, and in the end, there has to be a place to put these venues. In other words, if they get kicked out of downtown, they gotta go somewhere. I would think it would be better to have them downtown.

Guest teabag

On that note Miami Beach can have a 24 hr liqour capability and keep all that business to itself.....the fact is south beach is filled with people drinking 24/7...

Guest pod

The Beach never will have a 24 hour license option. If anything the drinking time will be rolled back.

The Beach is too touristy to allow for that.

Guest pod

Sit in on a Miami Beach city council meeting sometime. You'll realize that the voting residents and council are nightlife-hostile.

The Beach had afterhours awhile ago, but it was sans alcohol.

You'll realize that the voting residents and council are nightlife-hostile.

Isnt this the reason tourists flock to Miami? It's the whole nightlife scene that keeps people coming back here instead of going to Vegas for vacation. I just dont understand why the city is against nightclubs.

Guest pod

The trick is that most of the people that frequent the clubs don't live on Miami Beach and can't vote on issues like this. And the ones that do live here and are pro-nightlife are often not able to vote due to various issues.

The voting bloc consists of condo owners and old people.

You'll realize that the voting residents and council are nightlife-hostile.

Isnt this the reason tourists flock to Miami? It's the whole nightlife scene that keeps people coming back here instead of going to Vegas for vacation. I just dont understand why the city is against nightclubs.

This is the exact issue we are facing in NYC except that the majority of people that live here also go out. Its more of a matter of old laws being enforced that dont even pertain to today's society, i.e. prohibition era cabaret laws.