Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hurricane Chris????

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

ts.chris.0801.0800.gif

MIAMI, Florida (AP) -- Tropical Storm Chris, the third named storm of the 2006 Atlantic hurricane season, developed early Tuesday near the Leeward Islands, forecasters at the National Hurricane Center said.

A tropical storm warning was posted for the islands of Antigua, Barbuda, Anguilla, St. Kitts, Nevis, Saba, St. Eustatius, St. Barthelemy and St. Martin.

A tropical storm watch was issued for Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the British Virgin Islands.

At 8 a.m. ET, Chris was centered about 135 miles east of Antigua and about 1,450 miles east-southeast of Miami. It was moving west-northwest near 9 mph, forecasters said.

Its maximum sustained winds were near 40 mph, just above the threshold for a tropical storm, according to the National Hurricane Center.

The storm was on track to pass over or near the northernmost Leeward Islands by early Wednesday, according to the hurricane center.

The first named storm of the 2006 season, Tropical Storm Alberto, swept over Florida in mid-June, then plowed northward along the coast past the Outer Banks. It was blamed for one drowning.

Massachusetts was spared the worst of Tropical Storm Beryl at the end of June when the storm left high surfs but minimal damage before heading toward Nova Scotia. The bulk of the rain fell over the ocean well east of the island.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Forecasters are now saying that Chris has become better organized and is approaching hurricane strength with wind speeds nearing 70 MPH in the early morning.

It could strike South Florida on Sunday as a Cat 1 storm with winds around 80 MPH...

Guest slamminshaun

Fuckin' A....the screen company JUST finished my pool enclosure. I think maybe I'll take the rest of the week off so I can at least enjoy what my $10,000 bought me. It will end up costing me $2,000 per day if it gets destroyed on Sunday.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Fuckin' A....the screen company JUST finished my pool enclosure. I think maybe I'll take the rest of the week off so I can at least enjoy what my $10' date='000 bought me. It will end up costing me $2,000 per day if it gets destroyed on Sunday.

[/quote']Same here in a way. I'm in the middle of cleaning my pool and now it's going to get dirty again. On top of that my contractors are supposed to finish the work on my new house this weekend. Hopefully they will get done on Friday to keep everything on schedule....

My company is offering 24 hours emergency tarping service incase anyone needs it.

Weather permitting.

Pricing will vary upon size of home.

Emergency tarping is also covered thru your home insurance. You will need to contact your insurance to file a 2006 hurricane claim.

If this storm hits over 70-100mph it will deffinatelly tear off shingle roofs and tile roofs might be pushed out of place as well.

Contact me for more details & hope everyone stays safe.