Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bang Music Festival!!! Miami, FL Nov. 11, 2006

Guest galacticgruv

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest brasiliandrunk

gnarls barkley live?? what a waste , they arent good live , they are good inside a bar setting, and the people who are going to see him are just going to listen to CRAZY...

Guest LeVeL

Wow...the people at Bang have done a great job booking the right acts for this festival, they have blended other acts from other genre's but still keeping most of the Festival an electronic event.

The people at Ultra and Global Gathering need to take notice and see how in 2 years this Festival has made nothing but the right bookings for the future of this event. This looks like its going to be better than ever this year.

Guest pod

When we did GG this past March, and again in Vegas on Labor Day, we kept it "mostly electronic". ;D

Nevermind the stunning success of GG 2 weekends ago in the UK.

Guest LeVeL

GG was a great event and all but everyone knows that GG's success was mostly due to its Rock acts, EDM was put on the back burner for a Festival that is a Dance Music Festival.

Something that Bang is doing is that they are booking live acts and aside from Yerba Buena and Amigos Invisibles, Duran Duran had a huge influence in the Dance Music Genre, they have incorporated the right acts to this event pretty good, yet not alienating themselves from Dance Music.

bang-ad-jul-26.jpg

Glad to see these festival morons still don't get it...

If you took the acts on that flyer and held this tommrow, you would make more money if you got rid of everyone on there except tiesto, Roger, Duran Duran and maybe Daft Punk..

THE REST ARE WORTHLESS!!!!!!!

For these avg non club legend, it's real simple. Lets use Mistress Barbra for an example.

Say she costs 5,000 to book, then 2000 in flights and hotels. So the total cost for just booking her is 7000 but there are extra costs such as marketing, her managment expenses etc.. Add it all up and you get 10,000 bucks. (i'm making these numbers up).

Lets say the tickets costs 50 bucks. Thus MB cost 200 tickets..

Will 200 people show up to hear her?? Fuck no!

The festivals should just low ball every jock on the planet, offer hotel and flight and food, no money, the vast majority of jocks will still play.

Guest spinderella7713

Saleen...

You dont know the costs (as u stated) so your whole point is worthless.

Im sure you'll agree...LOL

Guest lyrik

bang-ad-jul-26.jpg

The festivals should just low ball every jock on the planet, offer hotel and flight and food, no money, the vast majority of jocks will still play.

I would have to think for large portion of that line-up they are.

Here is what I the club legend would do:

1st off, I go to the clubs, I'd tell them, that Bang will provide them each of them a free of charge massive tent with a crew and sound system. The club can do what ever the fuck they want, they pay for the talent etc. They run it the way they see it.

Next do the same thing for other outfits, example, booking agency tents, marketing/promoter companies, corp tents etc. Maybe companies such as South Florida Ford dealers who need the younger market.

Now you are in the tent business and not the booking business.

Then you keep your main lineup, Roger, Duran Duran, Daft Punk, Tiesto and get rid of everyone else.

Then get a headliner, Chilli Peppers, Aerosmith etc, has to be rock!

Now you have a festival!

Simple and you'll make loads of money.

You're first question is why would the clubs spend money not to make money, it's so simple. They have after festival parties at their clubs and they get sponsors to foot the bill. Plus they are branding, marketing and they can get creative for extra income. All they are doing is booking the acts, nothing else.

All you have to do is get like 5 clubs/companies to get tents and you have your filler for your headliners.

Guest LeVeL

Then why even book EDM artists and DJ's Saleen if your claiming that the only way, this even can make money is by booking Rock Acts.

It just doesn't make sense, this festival is a EDM Festival not a Rock festival, I understand people want to make money and all and the by booking EDM artist for a festival your taking a big risk.

But when Woodstock took place in 2000 you had Sandra Collins, Oakey, Carl Cox and Sasha and Digweed perform at night but you never saw them mentioned in the festival since you had Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Limp Bizkit, Korn and Metallica as the headliners in a Rock Festival.

If people are losing so much money then why are they attempting to do EDM festivals year after year here , years ago you only had Ultra as the only EDM Festival, this year alone you have 3 Festivals. Its great that they are incorporating Rock acts but dont overshadow the EDM acts that have made these festivals successful in the past.

I agree that Misstress Barbara is a bad, bad,bad booking but Bang stresses for an eclectic festival of mix genres and styles of EDM. But I agree not too many people will go to the festival for Misstress Barbara other than probably Ramon.

As for not booking djs, why book 50 djs when people are only paying to see 5 of them?

Tiesto 150 k

Roger 10k

Daft Punk I have no idea how much they get, but call it 40k.

If the avg cost for booking the other 50 jocks is 2k, that's 100k or 3/4 of the cost of Tiesto.

I would guess if you book 50 djs, the avg cost is probably higher somewhere in the 3-7k range each. Flights and hotels are pricey in miami. So lets call it 4k each dj, or $200,000 dollars.

Now who you booking, Tiesto/ Daft Punk/ Roger or those 50 Djs or both?

Each set of jocks cost 200k to book, so again, book set 1 or the 50 jocks or both?

How many people will come out for that set of 50 djs? Tiesto alone for 150K (actually amount Bang paid) will out draw those 50 djs and cost you $50,000 less!

Take the 200k you saved by not booking those djs and put that money into a headliner aka Chilli Peppers.

Now you see why I'm right.. The key is too have just enough filler.

Guest ramon

haha .. there has been more than one festival since before Ultra, but that's for another thread.

I'm stoked for the barbara booking and I'm sure she'll attract some people.

I'm more stoked bout Daft Punk and Yerba Buena.

Guest LeVeL

Year after year, EDM Companies are closing, Producers are deciding to do other things for a living since the DJ's are the ones who get all the limelight and the money.

Clubs are becoming the only domain where Dj's can go and play their music. Now we are talking about stateside here and as far as Festivals are concerned EDM artists are losing their grips on the festivals too suddenly they are no longer the headliners and Rock and Hip Hop Acts are becoming the headliners and are getting the biggest chunk of the money, while the EDM artists are getting payed chump change.

There is a big crowd out there for EDM and festivals were the events that exposed Dance Music to the masses, everyone knows that Dance Music is not doing so good these days but if festivals start going in the direction your preaching Saleen then lets just say goodbye now to Dance Music festivals because the only place were might get a peek of dance Music is in the clubs or by traveling to Europe.

The people who just love EDM have to put their money where their mouth is and support these events instead of trashing them and acting all shady only because Fred Everything is not on the Bill or because Richie Hawtin is not on the bill, events like these are the report cards of the genre and if this Festival fails then all the rest of them will fail in the future because they wont be able to take risks on by boookingcertain artists.

Here is what I the club legend would do:

1st off, I go to the clubs, I'd tell them, that Bang will provide them each of them a free of charge massive tent with a crew and sound system. The club can do what ever the fuck they want, they pay for the talent etc. They run it the way they see it.

Next do the same thing for other outfits, example, booking agency tents, marketing/promoter companies, corp tents etc.

Now you are in the tent business and not the booking business.

Then you keep your main lineup, Roger, Duran Duran, Daft Punk, Tiesto and get rid of everyone else.

Then get a headliner, Chilli Peppers, Aerosmith etc, has to be rock!

Now you have a festival!

Simple and you'll make loads of money.

You're first question is why would the clubs spend money not to make money, it's so simple. They have after festival parties at their clubs and they get sponsors to foot the bill. Plus they are branding, marketing and they can get creative for extra income. All they are doing is booking the acts, nothing else.

All you have to do is get like 5 clubs/companies to get tents and you have your filler for your headliners.

For once, I agree with you.. this is a festival.. they should make it similar to a convention where businesses (in this case, club owners) should compete and try to "out do" each other with their own tent.. just like they do at a convention.... clubs should try to get the best talent.. the best theme... etc.... and turn it into a HUGE promotional item for the clubs... bang festival comes and goes.. but clubs are here to stay and compete each week.

I already know that when I goto this event... the ticket lines are going to be a cluster fuck... trying to buy a beer is going to be a huge cluster fuck... the place is going to be dirty... trying to take a piss is going to be a mission.. and its just going to be just like every other festival i have been to....

whoopti shit.. Sman, Acosta, cedric, edgar v, ivano are all going to be there... im not knocking these djs because they are all great.. but havent we seen these guys spin every other weekend down here?

Im sure I will end up going.. but I know that when the event is over.. Im going to wish that I didnt go.

Guest pod

In most festivals, you usually have to book a few local acts as a gesture of kindness. Whether they are good or bad, it's just something that is always done. Plus, in the case of Miami, a lot of our locals are on global booking agencies, and are often put in as a package.