Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul Oakenfold & Sandra Collins

Guest dgrutman

Guest Cosmigonon

I heard Oakenfold was a Hip Hop dj these days.

i don't know how anyone can respect anything you say with a screenname like that.

sorry buddy boy, i dont come on here often and i dont come on here to gain "respect" ::). Its fun to hear you guys rant and go back and fourth. My appologies to you for the music/dj's i like. If i may ask, what do you listen to?

come on man, just breaking your balls a little. and i listen to everything.

Hey im well aware of that ;), no hard feelings here. reading the posts and ocasionally posting gets me thru the day here at work sometimes.

You guys are lucky, my original idea for a screen name was GORGEACOSTAFAN. 8)

Hahaha, now that's funny...

Guest kdub22

Just returned from Ibiza and hit up Van Buueren's party @ Amnesia. I've been in the scene for nearly 10 years and was dreading Oakenfold's set but I must admit he impressed me. Played a lot of his classics along with some new stuff. Much better than he was about 6 years ago when he fell from his throne. Maybe he realized it was time to step it up a notch.

Guest rhythmdoc

Maybe he realized it was time to step it up a notch.

Hope so.......Last time I heard him, I was falling asleep! LOL!

Guest LeVeL

Oakenfold has been stepping it up for sometime now, I have had the priviledge to check him out everytime he has been here in the last 5 years and he always turns it out.

His productions have gotten better and his remixing is always good.

Its always a good party when its a Perfecto Party and acourse having Sandra on the decks is definetely a plus.

Guest Mattivi

lets face the facts, oakie has been bored with djing going on now for the better part of decade. i guess when you have been doing it for that long, been around the world and ya ya ya, u might just put things on autopilot 80% of the time. oakenfold was never a great dj techncally, but the guy could read a crowd and build a great set like few others. his track selection was dope back in the day, and even occasionally now. the point im getting at is, yes, the guy is past his prime, but dont put it past him to throw down a ragin' set from time to time like kdub22 just saw in ibiza. ;)

Guest Mattivi

Oakenfold has been stepping it up for sometime now' date=' I have had the priviledge to check him out everytime he has been here in the last 5 years and he always turns it out.

Its always a good party when its a Perfecto Party and acourse having Sandra on the decks is definetely a plus.

[/quote']

i dont know bro, the last time i saw him @space, i think during wmc two years ago, the guy couldnt mix a glass a water. the beatmatching was almost amateur.. than i saw him at a wetgrooves party and he jammed it out.. but like i said above, the guy is hit or miss.

Guest pod

dude i want that mixer sandras on in that pic!

The 464 is old tech. They've moved things ahead on the A & H side of things.

Guest LeVeL

Oakenfold has been stepping it up for sometime now, I have had the priviledge to check him out everytime he has been here in the last 5 years and he always turns it out.

i dont know bro, the last time i saw him @space, i think during wmc two years ago, the guy couldnt mix a glass a water. the beatmatching was almost amateur.. than i saw him at a wetgrooves party and he jammed it out.. but like i said above, the guy is hit or miss.

I have never seen him miss, everytime I have seen him he's been good, I saw him the past 4 Perfecto Parties in Crobar and Space, I also saw him 2 years ago for the Space's anniversary where he tore up the main-room.

Just admit it dude, you probably dont like the guy, hey I dont like Deep House and you dont see me posting on how sorry it is and how bad their Dj's are, its just my opinion. My point is if you dont have no intention in attenting then leave your negativity out of the thread, Its that simple.

Guest pod

Definitely still a quality unit though. A & H basically ripped part of one of their MixWizards off and stuck it alongside a DJ mixer. 8)

Guest Mattivi

Oakenfold has been stepping it up for sometime now' date=' I have had the priviledge to check him out everytime he has been here in the last 5 years and he always turns it out.

[/quote']

I have never seen him miss, everytime I have seen him he's been good, I saw him the past 4 Perfecto Parties in Crobar and Space, I also saw him 2 years ago for the Space's anniversary where he tore up the main-room.

Just admit it dude, you probably dont like the guy, hey I dont like Deep House and you dont see me posting on how sorry it is and how bad their Dj's are, its just my opinion. My point is if you dont have no intention in attenting then leave your negativity out of the thread, Its that simple.

wow man you sure do extrapolate alot from so little. have every oakie essential mix ever done, like seventeen i think. all im saying is the guy can bomb or hit a homerun, its not being negative, its called an opinion(your not the only one with one, you know) ::) and yes i will be attending, acts and tunes like oakie play rarely come to miami, and although i dont respect him like i used to, his still worth a shot. and presuming what someone is going to do that you dont know is pretty lame btw.

I heard Oakenfold was a Hip Hop dj these days.

i don't know how anyone can respect anything you say with a screenname like that.

sorry buddy boy, i dont come on here often and i dont come on here to gain "respect" ::). Its fun to hear you guys rant and go back and fourth. My appologies to you for the music/dj's i like. If i may ask, what do you listen to?

come on man, just breaking your balls a little. and i listen to everything.

Hey im well aware of that ;), no hard feelings here. reading the posts and ocasionally posting gets me thru the day here at work sometimes.

You guys are lucky, my original idea for a screen name was GORGEACOSTAFAN. 8)

now go get your fuckin shinebox.