Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Movies that defined a Generation...

Bling

Here are my picks.. These are movies that have defined a generation not only by representing the era it was released in but also portrays the power of the human spirit in all its facets. )----DAMN STANLEY KUBRICK IS ALL OVER THIS BITCH!!

70's

86%20saturday%20night%20fever.jpg

grease.jpg

jaws.jpg

daf.jpg

The%20Godfather.jpg

17017_00_large.jpg

Video%20-%20Clockwork%20Orange.jpg

stallone-sylvester-rocky-arms-3700761.jpg

2. 80's

blade_runner_fondo.jpg

goonies.jpg

shining.jpg

scarface.jpg

ferris-bueller-dvd.jpg

terminator.jpg

full_metal_jacket_manif.jpg

Indiana%20Jones%20En%20Busca%20Del%20Arca%20Perdida.jpg

back-to-the-future.jpg

90's

Braveheart.jpg

LionKingCast.jpg

The Lion King

Forrest_Gump_001.jpg

films-goodfellas.jpg

GoodFellas

pulp.gif

Pulp Fiction

1290f.jpg

ill think of more..... what are ur picks?

Guest r3nz0

So yeah, I've never seen 'The Lion King.' Can you believe that? Michelle, bring your VHS copy over right now. We'll watch it and shit.

We'll smoke a fat blunt and scarf down a couple boxes of Sno-Caps.

RENZO - messing up Bling's threads since August of 2002

So yeah, I've never seen 'The Lion King.' Can you believe that? Michelle, bring your VHS copy over right now. We'll watch it and shit.

:P

Guest lulamishka

LOL... I still have those boxes I bought at Virgin Megastore. Still unopened. :o But they're best eaten with salty popcorn - let's get that straight. Not alone.

Guest r3nz0

Ok, we'll make popcorn. With lots of salt, Michelle. With lots of salt.

Ffs. You want a neck rub, too? Ah? No, how about I massage your feet, instead? Eh, would you like that better, Michelle? All I ever wanted from this life is to see lil' faggelito Simba playfully running around the jungle, and all you ever wanna talk about is stuffing that little face of yours. I hope you're happy.

Guest lulamishka

Ok, we'll make popcorn. With lots salt, Michelle. With lots of salt.

Ffs. You want a neck rub, too? Ah? No, how about I massage your feet, instead? Eh, would you like that better, Michelle? All I ever wanted from this life is to see lil' faggelito Simba playfully running around the jungle, and all you ever wanna talk about is stuffing that little face of yours. I hope you're happy.

lmao

Well, unlike you, I've already seen the movie. :P

Ok, we'll make popcorn. With lots of salt, Michelle. With lots of salt.

simba rocks..... cant wait to see the lion king next yr at broward center... wootttttt

Guest dahzel

i've never seen it either, you always get that look,"OMG, you've never seen the Lion King!?" maybe one day.

Guest pod

Me neither. I haven't seen most Disney movies.

Product of my stunted upbringing. Parents had HBO way back in the day. And MTV when you had to pay for it. Now I'd pay to get rid of it.

Guest Devilicious

Bling, you have entirely too much time on your hands.

To me, a movie that defines a generation is not the same as the most popular movie during a given time period. For example, Star Wars could never be a movie that defines a generation because it's fantasy; no one has experienced that.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off and my favorite:

Dazed and Confused <==classic!

star wars defined a generation in my opinion due to the struggle of good vs evil (in a way it was symbolic of the cold war.. US vs Soviets) and also ones one dilemna of good/bad inside their heart

and yes i have way too much time on my hands. ive read a few books abuot the philosophical meanings behind star wars saga ;D

Guest Cosmigonon

star wars defined a generation in my opinion due to the struggle of good vs evil (in a way it was symbolic of the cold war.. US vs Soviets) and also ones one dilemna of good/bad inside their heart

Ummm, I don't think any kid that went to the movie theater to see the Original Star Wars thought about the cold war or good or bad while watching it Bling... :-X

Guest Slide On The Ice

Bling, you have entirely too much time on your hands.

To me, a movie that defines a generation is not the same as the most popular movie during a given time period. For example, Star Wars could never be a movie that defines a generation because it's fantasy; no one has experienced that.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off and my favorite:

Dazed and Confused <==classic!

IMO Star Wars did define a generation, in a way that it touched and affected so many people, created a life long fan base, opened children's eyes and imaginations to enjoy the fantasy nature of it all; and it influenced a good many people to get into film school, to get into special affects, to get into musical production for film scores, to get into several fields. In fact, there was a guy, whose name I can't remember...but he was so influenced and inspired by the sound design of the original Star Wars that he went into the field of sound production himself. And you know what? His dream came true when he became Ben Burtt's (the sound editor, technician, ect. for every single SW movie) apprentice during production of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace in 1997-99.

Guest Slide On The Ice

I stand corrected. It came out in 1981. I'm surprised, I thought it had come out before 1980, when Lucas released Empire Strikes Back. :P