Fri - Farina @ Soul Folks

Fri - Calderone @ Avalon

Sat - Howells @ Vanguard

Sat - Halo @ Balance

Sat - Speedy J @ Droid Behavior Warehouse

Sat - Sandy Collins + Richard 'Death in Vegas' Fearless (Patio) @ Avalon

Sun - Kerri Chandler @ Vanguard

something for everyone imo.

you think that's something for everyone, or is it Dj's that you like. This thread is ridiculous, to even compare LA to Miami is a joke in itself.

So we have had this convo for the past week like about 10 times already and its getting old. Miami is not a Techno Town its as simple as that, the DJ's that have been tried and tested and have been successful in this town have been DJ's that play what the crowds in Miami like.

How can you even compare that list to this list...

9/ 09 – Bob Sinclar @ Mansion

9/15 – Ralph Falcon and Stryke @ Twilo

9/16 – Gabriel and Dresden @ Mansion

9/22 – Armand Van Helden @ Twilo

9/23- Erick Morillo @ Mansion

9/29 – Josh Wink @ Twilo

9/30 - Donald Glaude @ Club Space

10/07 – Seb Fontaine @ Mansion

10/13 – Felix Da Housecat @ Twilo

10/14 - Nic Fancuilli @ Club Space

10/14 – Paul Oakenfold and Sandra Collins @ Mansion

10/20 – Lee Burridge @ Twilo

11/11 – Bang Music Festival

11/25 – Erick Morillo @ Mansion

But not only that, we have great resident DJ's in this town and also that doesn't include the Deep House Events that happen in places like Blue and Laundry Bar. In this town there is something for everyone but you will have to look for it, you wont find a Big sign in this town that will say "Techno is being played Here"!!!

Dude there is not just 1 club in thsi town that plays EDM there are multiple choices and also multiple choices for afterhours, this is not Ibiza this is Miami.

For gods sake man, please stop the complaining andd if you think by bringing up these debates that you are going to change the view of a promoter or booker of one of the major clubs in this town then think again, clubs in this town have their formula and they will ably to it. There are lot of promoters in this town that know about some of these artist that we wish would make it here but they know its a big risk.

Guest ramon

This is the upcoming week in LA.

Mon - Sean Miller @ MNS

Wed - Banco De Gaia @ King King

Wed - Phil Weeks @ Little Temple

Thu - 2many DJs @ Vanguard

Fri - PVD @ Vanguard

Fri - Mnookin/FFar @ Basic

Fri - Butane @ Deeper Moods Warehouse

Fri - Calderone @ Avalon

Sat - Howells @ Vanguard

Sat - Halo @ Balance

you think that's something for everyone' date=' or is it Dj's that you like. This thread is ridiculous, to even compare LA to Miami is a joke in itself.

[/quote']

yeah i think its a nice balance of house/techno/tech-house/electrohouse and even deep house.

So we have had this convo for the past week like about 10 times already and its getting old. Miami is not a Techno Town its as simple as that, the DJ's that have been tried and tested and have been successful in this town have been DJ's that play what the crowds in Miami like.

i specifically said in my post that it was about musical ecosystems being to coexist. i did not say anything about techno. there's maybe 2 techno artists on that list.

How can you even compare that list to this list...

i can't you are comparing a week in LA to 3 months in Miami.

9/ 09 – Bob Sinclar @ Mansion

9/15 – Ralph Falcon and Stryke @ Twilo

9/16 – Gabriel and Dresden @ Mansion

9/22 – Armand Van Helden @ Twilo

9/23- Erick Morillo @ Mansion

9/29 – Josh Wink @ Twilo

9/30 - Donald Glaude @ Club Space

10/07 – Seb Fontaine @ Mansion

10/13 – Felix Da Housecat @ Twilo

10/14 - Nic Fancuilli @ Club Space

10/14 – Paul Oakenfold and Sandra Collins @ Mansion

10/20 – Lee Burridge @ Twilo

11/11 – Bang Music Festival

11/25 – Erick Morillo @ Mansion

But not only that, we have great resident DJ's in this town and also that doesn't include the Deep House Events that happen in places like Blue and Laundry Bar. In this town there is something for everyone but you will have to look for it, you wont find a Big sign in this town that will say "Techno is being played Here"!!!

why not include the resident dj's n the deep house events? i personally happen to like dhm.

once again this is not a techno debate this is a debate about diversity.

Dude there is not just 1 club in thsi town that plays EDM there are multiple choices and also multiple choices for afterhours, this is not Ibiza this is Miami.

For gods sake man, please stop the complaining andd if you think by bringing up these debates that you are going to change the view of a promoter or booker of one of the major clubs in this town then think again, clubs in this town have their formula and they will ably to it. There are lot of promoters in this town that know about some of these artist that we wish would make it here but they know its a big risk.

there's been more views to this thread than to most event threads. people are atleast reading it. maybe i won't change someone's mind but i may open their mind. wmc is only 6 months away. anything worth fighting for is risky.

Guest pod

OK, I'm hungover.

I don't think anyone's opposed to the DJs, what we're getting at is that Miami isn't this wasteland that you trainspotters are making it out to be.

Guest swirlundergrounder

This is the upcoming week in LA.

Mon - Sean Miller @ MNS

Wed - Banco De Gaia @ King King

Wed - Phil Weeks @ Little Temple

Thu - 2many DJs @ Vanguard

Fri - PVD @ Vanguard

Fri - Mnookin/FFar @ Basic

Fri - Butane @ Deeper Moods Warehouse

Fri - Calderone @ Avalon

Sat - Howells @ Vanguard

Sat - Halo @ Balance

This is exaclty why LA sucks ass!

You have all this shit going on and everyone is spread out 2 hours from one another.

If you want to do one thing early and another thing later you will have to drive an hour and a half to do the second event.... lol

Here, you can do something in SOBE early and drive downtown in 10 minutes for afterhours.

In LA if you go to an event, then more than likely you are commited to that event for the duration..

LA SUCKS!!

Let me repeat this again...LA Sucks...

Guest vegasguy25
I've been to LA, and conversed with clubbers and DJs out there. They're jealous of us.

Miami has better venues than LA. Other than that, Miami doesn't have anything that LA doesn't. I'm not sure what Angelenos would be jealous of with regards to Miami. Did any of the people you spoke with specify what Miami offers that they wish LA had?

They liked our extended operating hours, more venues that are dedicated to some form of dance music, and a government more willing to work with the clubs rather than against them. The ones that know, anyways. For the most part, the people I ran into were all celeb-whores, which really isn't much different than a night on South Beach.

Guest Mattivi

im from detroit and anyone who thinks detroit's club scene is better or more diversified than miami's really doesnt know whats going on. yes you have the paxahau and other various techno events that are very successful, and the underground scene is alive and thriving, and is truly 'underground'. but the quality of the venue , # of venue's, and closing times is way behind miami. yes there is the occasional afterhours, but usually thrown in some dingy, crumbling, run down structure, operating illegally and usually with no alchohol. obviously someone who is into to techno the place is mecca, but to others its on par with a tampa or orlando, but not in the same strata as a miami, not even close. im not saying that detroit is exclusivly a techno town, buts detroit is to techno what miami is to house. they both have other genres sprinkled in between. but someone who was into house who lives in detroit would be bitching about the same things ramon is about miami, its all relative. but yeah detroit definitly has a better underground scene than miami, where the dirty, twisted, and dark sounds of techno thrive in. like i said its all relative. when in rome do as the romans do. ;) ;D

Guest ramon

im from detroit and anyone who thinks detroit's club scene is better or more diversified than miami's really doesnt know whats going on. yes you have the paxahau and other various techno events that are very successful, and the underground scene is alive and thriving, and is truly 'underground'. but the quality of the venue , # of venue's, and closing times is way behind miami. yes there is the occasional afterhours, but usually thrown in some dingy, crumbling, run down structure, operating illegally and usually with no alchohol. obviously someone who is into to techno the place is mecca, but to others its on par with a tampa or orlando, but not in the same strata as a miami, not even close. im not saying that detroit is exclusivly a techno town, buts detroit is to techno what miami is to house. they both have other genres sprinkled in between. but someone who was into house who lives in detroit would be bitching about the same things ramon is about miami, its all relative. but yeah detroit definitly has a better underground scene than miami, where the dirty, twisted, and dark sounds of techno thrive in. like i said its all relative. when in rome do as the romans do. ;) ;D

i went to a great underground hip hop night (open mic) at some bar. i can't remember where. i'll trade just about any small venue for oslo. that place just breeds good music and vibes. its dark and the sound is good and they serve sapporo and sambuca. the afterhours scene would certainly help techno here i think, but there's not many buildings and stuff to do your own parties if not i would. i think the house scene is pretty damn good .. souldega does their thing up there and seems to do well from what i hear. the works isnt that bad *lol* :)

just give me oslo and i'l be happy. :)

Guest Mattivi

i went to a great underground hip hop night (open mic) at some bar. i can't remember where. i'll trade just about any small venue for oslo. that place just breeds good music and vibes. its dark and the sound is good and they serve sapporo and sambuca. the afterhours scene would certainly help techno here i think, but there's not many buildings and stuff to do your own parties if not i would. i think the house scene is pretty damn good .. souldega does their thing up there and seems to do well from what i hear. the works isnt that bad *lol* :)

yeh i went to oslo once and i thought the vibe was great. a friend of mine said the holden event there back in july was killah. the scene up there is defintly evolving and i would say they have a little more variety in terms of genres up there, i can usaully find a decent trance or house event on any weekend i visit home which is like 4x a year. but yeah everytime i go home things seem to keep getting better and better, and everywhere is easy on your wallet!!! some club charged me 3$ for a redbull, i was delirious!! lol.

Guest ramon

yeh i went to oslo once and i thought the vibe was great. a friend of mine said the holden event there back in july was killah. the scene up there is defintly evolving and i would say they have a little more variety in terms of genres up there, i can usaully find a decent trance or house event on any weekend i visit home which is like 4x a year. but yeah everytime i go home things seem to keep getting better and better, and everywhere is easy on your wallet!!! some club charged me 3$ for a redbull, i was delirious!! lol.

some of my best times were at oslo. rich and luciano playing b2b and random nights with derek plaslaiko. and this year rex sepulveda and rich. yeah the drink prices are great if you are coming from miami. i can get wasted at oslo for the price of like 2 drinks in miami. those large sapporos are like 5 bux.

Guest jkfunkee1974

True enough. I don't sweat it that some DJs I wanna hear don't make it down to this city. Grant it, it's in my job description to go out, but at the same time, I enjoy more than just the music, so going out for me is easier I guess.

And I'll say it again, it's the "grass is always greener" syndrome in full effect. I've been to LA, and conversed with clubbers and DJs out there. They're jealous of us.

preach POD!!!

late,

j.

Guest coach

BTW, if you really want MIA to pick it up, the best thing one can do is get out there and help sell all those new condos. As I and others have pointed out numurous times, when Miami is compared to many of those other big cities, one of the issues is the size and affluence of Miami, or lack thereof. Miami is smaller than nearly all of the, and certainly poorer. Want more music events in Miami? Hope that all those new condos fill up with nice, well-off, young partiers.

Guest vegasguy25

They liked our extended operating hours, more venues that are dedicated to some form of dance music, and a government more willing to work with the clubs rather than against them. The ones that know, anyways. For the most part, the people I ran into were all celeb-whores, which really isn't much different than a night on South Beach.

I also hear a lot about our extended hours, and citywide 24-7 booze here in Vegas from Angelenos. The 2am cutoff for booze in LA is really lame. A few years ago when my friends and I saw John Digweed play NYE at Avalon Hollywood, we got bottle service. At 2am, the server came by and took our bottles. Four hours later, at 6am, she brought the bottles, and all of their accompaniments, back to the table for us to finish. No joke. Obviously something like that would never happen in Vegas or Miami.