Clubplanet Nightlife Community

bLiSS

Guest Diaga

Guest djjoncowan

i thought this would be mention of my long standing record label or maybe the famed bliss parties at groovejet and then space... oh yeah, it was the people who stole my name.... a name is a name so enjoy diaga - take some pictures ;D

Guest endymion

oh yeah, it was the people who stole my name....

You're neglecting to mention that "Bliss" is literally the promoter's last name, and that you didn't have a US trademark or even a Florida trademark on it to prevent it from being stolen.

Guest djjoncowan

oh yeah, it was the people who stole my name....

You're neglecting to mention that "Bliss" is literally the promoter's last name, and that you didn't have a US trademark or even a Florida trademark on it to prevent it from being stolen.

actually I do. I could have stopped them from using the name years ago but had a nice conversation with the guy who throughs the parties, I think his name was nathan???? anyways I decided not to do anything as the parties are completely different obviously. Bliss productions is the name of my record label but the parties are simply called "bliss" and that is the name with my logo that I have trademarked and registered locally and nationally since the early 90's for your info..... fyi - you shouldn't post something as fact if you don't know the facts ::)

Guest endymion

Bliss productions is the name of my record label but the parties are simply called "bliss" and that is the name with my logo that I have trademarked and registered locally and nationally since the early 90's for your info..... fyi - you shouldn't post something as fact if you don't know the facts ::)

That's interesting because I don't see your trademark either at the USPTO or at the State of Florida, and without a trademark you don't "own" the name so it can't be stolen.

Guest funky junkie

Bliss productions is the name of my record label but the parties are simply called "bliss" and that is the name with my logo that I have trademarked and registered locally and nationally since the early 90's for your info..... fyi - you shouldn't post something as fact if you don't know the facts ::)

That's interesting because I don't see your trademark either at the USPTO or at the State of Florida, and without a trademark you don't "own" the name so it can't be stolen.

Its the principle of the thing.

Guest endymion

Actually I found it. Registration number 2366182, word mark, "BLISS", for "Entertainment, namely, music sound recordings, concerts and dance parties."

So why would you defame Nathan in public instead of filing a lawsuit if you think that he stole your name?

Guest TheBlissClub

The owners name is Nathan Bliss and the name of the social organization is The Bliss Club. Nothing else to argue about. Hope to see everyone at the party Saturday night. Diaga is awesome!

Guest djjoncowan

Actually I found it. Registration number 2366182, word mark, "BLISS", for "Entertainment, namely, music sound recordings, concerts and dance parties."

So why would you defame Nathan in public instead of filing a lawsuit if you think that he stole your name?

we actually did consider a lawsuit many years ago but after a discussion with nathan I decided not too pursue. I didn't "defame" anyone in public as you say, just responded to a thread with the topic that names my company and record label. like it was stated before, its just the principle of the thing as my Bliss events have been thriving in south florida long before these events came around or were thought of.. at any rate, no negativity was meant, I support anyone trying to do something positive for the south florida club scene although to me bliss represents events featuring the likes of dave seaman, sasha, digweed, nick warren, ect ect most at groovejet but some at space, crobar, nerve and shine....

Guest djjoncowan

i thought this would be mention of my long standing record label or maybe the famed bliss parties at groovejet and then space... oh yeah, it was the people who stole my name.... a name is a name so enjoy diaga - take some pictures ;D

You should bring you label back I was a fan.

;) - some unreleased stuff to be availible digitally soon... may do a very limited run of vinyl