Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Armand Van Helden @ Twilo Sep. 22

Guest aj2234

Guest ramon

you know .. next week is Josh Wink .. and even if the night is bad in numbers like apparently has happened .. im still gonna have fun

sad Armand didnt play but hey, you never know what might have really happened ...

next !

im sure josh will do a great job. sadly i will not be here.

here's to hoping for twilo to have a great friday.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Major

as for the sound .. it was good but i wasnt impressed, i think it still needs a tweak here and there ..

You do realize Phil Smith the owner of the club also designed the sound system. Phazon is installed in some of the top clubs around the world for good reason. Are you sure it's the sound system that needs a tweak?

Guest jbit

Funny how people are quick to promote and "bump" their parties here on CJ 24/7, but when explanations are in order, no club reprasentatives are to be found. ???

Bad PR indeed. Whatever the reason, good or bad, someone should say something.

as for the sound .. it was good but i wasnt impressed, i think it still needs a tweak here and there ..

You do realize Phil Smith the owner of the club also designed the sound system. Phazon is installed in some of the top clubs around the world for good reason. Are you sure it's the sound system that needs a tweak?

hey, im always honest ... and i just did not feel the "clearness" to what that system should sound like

it sounds great .. but im sure it can still sound better, you get my drift ?

i want it pushed to the max

you know .. next week is Josh Wink .. and even if the night is bad in numbers like apparently has happened .. im still gonna have fun

sad Armand didnt play but hey, you never know what might have really happened ...

next !

you gonna miss it !

Guest ramon

next !

you gonna miss it !

ill be in ny :)

listening to mr holden.

next !

you gonna miss it !

listening to mr holden.

oh ramon u bastard, holden+burridge, i thought about flying up for this but since the bday weekend was this one it was out of the question...u know my sentiments on holden, never ever miss him! and lee willl be dope mixed in! tell james kelly and i say hi, we gave him a tour of pawn shop when he was down here, and drank a whole lot with mr H. he is always very nice too us

Guest ramon

next !

you gonna miss it !

listening to mr holden.

oh ramon u bastard, holden+burridge, i thought about flying up for this but since the bday weekend was this one it was out of the question...u know my sentiments on holden, never ever miss him! and lee willl be dope mixed in! tell james kelly and i say hi, we gave him a tour of pawn shop when he was down here, and drank a whole lot with mr H. he is always very nice too us

hehehe yeah he rocks.

my internary looks like this

nic @ cielo (renaissance launch party) - thursday

holden + lee @ pacha - friday

cox + danny tenaglia @ pacha - saturday

" - sunday.

francois k @ cielo - monday

miami - tuesday

next !

you gonna miss it !

listening to mr holden.

hehehe yeah he rocks.

" - sunday.

miami - tuesday

once again i am quite jealous of ur kick ass party schedule, i forgot nico on friday too, cox and dt should be interesting, sounds like a most excellent weekend to be in the NY!

Guest ramon

next !

you gonna miss it !

listening to mr holden.

hehehe yeah he rocks.

" - sunday.

miami - tuesday

once again i am quite jealous of ur kick ass party schedule, i forgot nico on friday too, cox and dt should be interesting, sounds like a most excellent weekend to be in the NY!

yes insane weekend to be in the city. i hope to finally see it too .. i can't wait to eat pizza!!!

next !

you gonna miss it !

listening to mr holden.

hehehe yeah he rocks.

" - sunday.

miami - tuesday

yes insane weekend to be in the city. i hope to finally see it too .. i can't wait to eat pizza!!!

yes u must sightsee, i luv ny, lol, no pun intended, and whilst walking around, eat at rays pizza, there a a bunch of them around the city, its all i eat when im in ny, just pop in for a few slices then im good till i get hungry again! 8)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray's_Pizza sooo good!

Guest Major

you get my drift ?

I don't think you caught mine!

Guest AlanS

hehehe yeah he rocks.

" - sunday.

miami - tuesday

Finally going to hit up Deep Space? Nice.. Have fun kid, sounds like a wicked weekend in da city. Fortunately for me, I'll finally be able to check out Twilo and Mr Wink for some proper tuneage.

Guest ramon

hehehe yeah he rocks.

" - sunday.

miami - tuesday

Finally going to hit up Deep Space? Nice.. Have fun kid, sounds like a wicked weekend in da city. Fortunately for me, I'll finally be able to check out Twilo and Mr Wink for some proper tuneage.

yes really excited about deep space!!! :)

have fun @ wink!! :)

Guest Philip

you get my drift ?

I don't think you caught mine!

Phazon using Twilo Miami as a showroom/Phazon showcase during daylight hours. somehow i think the best of the best are on it...

Guest Major

A good sound system is so much more fun when the right talent is operating it. I heard good reviews on Stryke's set last week.

Josh Wink and Lee Burridge should be a good test run.

Guest ramon

im looking forward to sneaker shopping as well.

rod lavers black with white. dont let me down, ramon.

hahaha .. ok .. must find those red gazelle 2's as well

A good sound system is so much more fun when the right talent is operating it. I heard good reviews on Stryke's set last week.

Josh Wink and Lee Burridge should be a good test run.

ok, first things first ...

1. yes i got your drift, i think it was more than obvious

2. dont put words in my mouth when i have not said them (i complained about the system itself, not the performer)

3. i dj every weekend and believe me when i say i have a good ear, so i can asure you i can spot a glitch miles away (im just picky, really picky) << there is nothing wrong on that

;)

Guest deprivation

I was there Friday and was disappointed that Armand didn't play. A guy I met at Mansion Saturday for Morillo who was also at Twilo said Armand told him he wasn't playing due to money and the crowd not being big enough. Twilo or Armand should give us an official reason.

As for the sound - it was good, but didn't think it was amazing. I was hoping to be blown away with great sound.

The club itself is nice inside with great lighting and I like the DJ booth up front elevated.

Hopefully, they work through the issues of bringing in more of a crowd, tweaking the sound, and making sure the advertised DJ plays.

Guest jbit

Enough of the damn thread jacking you bastards ....

Twiloangel .... time for a response as to what happened. People payed good money and wasted time for someone that never materialized. 3 days is enough to think up something.

Guest Philip

yes you two are right. even though Phil Smith has ownership in Twilo and Phazon he is just doing a shitty job getting the Twilo Miami system tuned in. even though there website says those Dynacords 4's are being optimized by Phazon - in reality its probly a lighting guy or maybe one of the bartenders with a good ear...

say where did you two get your degree in sound engineering at?

Guest JustDade

Enough of the damn thread jacking you bastards ....

Twiloangel .... time for a response as to what happened. People payed good money and wasted time for someone that never materialized. 3 days is enough to think up something.

I know Angel well enough to know that he'll give you the straight scoop......good or bad.

Guest jbit

I would hope so, but that has yet to materialize. I bumped this thread from the giddy up more than anyone else cause im a AVH fan and i know he throws down. But when i make the trip from Broward and no AVH, I get a little agravated.