Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hate my hair gotta do something about it thread

Bling

Guest Cosmigonon

i disagree - longer hair makes you more unique - EVERY guy has short hair, you arent differentiating yourself by having short hair

then again, maybe girls just want more of the same?

Yes they do. Do you notice 'unique' girls or do you notice girls with long hair and big tits? Guys like long hair and big tits. Girls like short hair and muscles.

The long hair thing will bring niche appeal but short hair has mass-market appeal.

+2

I used to think like Adam, I wore my hair long many, many years ago, I was very unique, but unique doesn't mean good, or else I'd dye my hair orange.

Now I'm older and wiser, and it is just like Tech says...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could always man up and grow it long.

I tried a couple of years living in South Beach with really super long hair, then a couple of years with long"ish" hair, then I cut it really short a year ago. Now I keep saying "no, shorter!" until it's too short for my stylist to grip with his fingers to cut it.

Conclusion: girls really go for super short hair on guys a lot more than long hair. Especially Latinas. I didn't get a lot of hot random (female) strangers just gawking at me with long hair but now I do.

Big tip: get a gay stylist.

i disagree - longer hair makes you more unique - EVERY guy has short hair, you arent differentiating yourself by having short hair

I don't find the long unkempt shaggy look unique or appealing. And its VERY prevalent in FL. Dont think you are the only one doing it cause you're not. 12 year old boys aren't cutting their hair anymore. Grow up, get a real haircut. *lol*

To me, a real haircut = a style. That pic is of Beckham isn't it? The boys got a great hairstyle, any of them that he's sported.

Guys for the most part up here tend to have hair about 2 inches long, a little messy at the top but nice clean lines at the nape. Im a sucker for a clean haircut.

Guest lulamishka

I tried a couple of years living in South Beach with really super long hair, then a couple of years with long"ish" hair, then I cut it really short a year ago. Now I keep saying "no, shorter!" until it's too short for my stylist to grip with his fingers to cut it.

Conclusion: girls really go for super short hair on guys a lot more than long hair. Especially Latinas. I didn't get a lot of hot random (female) strangers just gawking at me with long hair but now I do.

To me, a real haircut = a style. That pic is of Beckham isn't it? The boys got a great hairstyle, any of them that he's sported.

Guys for the most part up here tend to have hair about 2 inches long, a little messy at the top but nice clean lines at the nape. Im a sucker for a clean haircut.

Preach on, sistah! I agree! Esp. your comment about Beckham.

Guest coach

I don't find the long unkempt shaggy look unique or appealing. And its VERY prevalent in FL. Dont think you are the only one doing it cause you're not. 12 year old boys aren't cutting their hair anymore. Grow up, get a real haircut. *lol*

Who said anything about unkempt? That isn't relevant to the topic. Unkempt hair is ugly no matter what the length.

At least when you have long hair you can *have* a style. Short hair all looks the same to me. You have the 2 styles, spikey like everyone in the People-type magazines or parted like my dad.

I mean, Bling even mentioned one of the most over-used cuts in the country, the fade. Yup, nothing like following the pack to show how grown-up you are.

Sheesh, I can't even believe I started this discussion. It was really only a joke. I just don't understand the prejudice. Girls already get all the cool clothes, now they have to reserve the cool hairstyles, as well?

Guest swirlundergrounder

just do what i did and stop cutting it altogether 8)

way easier

I have not had a hair cut since March. My hair is getting out of control..

I heard you haven't had a shower since then either.

No actually that was January. What does shampoo do again??

Guest coach

damn you all i like having long hair ! 8)

ironically i have a haircut today, i hope im not going to be influenced to get rid of it

Keep the faith, brotha. Don't let peer pressure get you like it did some people.

Guest endymion

Don't let peer pressure get you like it did some people.

If "peers" means "girls" then avoiding peer pressure might not be the right goal.

Guest Adam Singer

ive actually had no problems getting girls with long hair, but if it could really mean more girls to have short hair then its something to consider!

are girls that superficial?

Guest coach

Don't let peer pressure get you like it did some people.

If "peers" means "girls" then avoiding peer pressure might not be the right goal.

LOL, had to take a shot, man.

Guest endymion

They can't help it any more than we can help noticing boobs. You want them to respond to you instinctively like you respond to boobs. Short hair and muscles. Also helps if you're tall. I'm not but we do what we can.

Guest Adam Singer

They can't help it any more than we can help noticing boobs. You want them to respond to you instinctively like you respond to boobs. Short hair and muscles. Also helps if you're tall. I'm not but we do what we can.

muscles?

fuck...im boned :-X

Guest lulamishka

Exactly, you men are no different! Instead of something like HAIR or MUSCLES or HEIGHT, you guys look at TITS or ASS or curves or no curves. Gimme a break Adam, I DOUBT you have NO preferences at all and aren't "superficial" yourself. ::)

Obviously looks can get your foot in the door, but its personality that takes you the rest of the way. Looks aren't EVERYTHING. But to paraphrase what Tech said, we instinctively respond to what is pleasing to the eye.

ive actually had no problems getting girls with long hair, but if it could really mean more girls to have short hair then its something to consider!

Well its really the same thing with girls if you think about it. Women can wear sexy clothes either because they want to for themselves or to attract men cause we know they like 'em.

You can cut your hair short thinking it might atract more women, or keep it long because you want to. Everyone makes their choices regardless of peer pressure or not. No one's twisting your arm one way or another.

And as far as unkempt, its my opinion. Long hair to me looks unkempt except in very few cases. Thats just one persons viewpoint, doesn't mean everyone sees it that way.

Guest coach
And as far as unkempt, its my opinion. Long hair to me looks unkempt except in very few cases. Thats just one persons viewpoint, doesn't mean everyone sees it that way.

So, all those girls with long hair look unkempt? I mean, that's a pretty big percentage of girls, maybe even a majority.

Guest lulamishka

So, all those girls with long hair look unkempt? I mean, that's a pretty big percentage of girls, maybe even a majority.

Well, its a double standard. I don't view long hair on girls the same way I view long hair on guys. Many guys - not all - look unkempt with long hair. But I don't view girls with long hair as unkempt. It depends on the girl though... you've got some girls who look like Pigpen in the Peanuts cartoons.

Guest coach

LOL, Pigpen! I'm just yanking ya'll's chains, anyway. I did pretty well, long hair and all, so it's kind of irrelevant to me, anyway.

And we all know Annette would kill me if I cut the hair, so I guess it could be said I am capitulating to peer pressure, too.