Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bye Steve, till conference...

Guest Marina22

Guest Marina22

After hassling friends all day yesterday, I finally got to see Steve Lawler spin, ahhhhhh. It was at Buck 15 and even though a tiny little place it was pretty cool to just dance and see some peeps too. I liked the set overall kept me dancing and happy but I am sure some of you other dudes can elaborate on it better than me. Nice to meet Jennifer, Diaga, and Joe Budious. Hurting today but it was well worth it to get to see Steve and finally get to shake his hand, I know I'm a big dork. :D

Guest JoeBudious

Nice to meet you Marina22 and all the cj'ers as well.

It was nice to hear steve play deep house in the beginning of his set. Ame and Mr V are the only ones I know by artist as I'm not a dj. his mixing was great. One little miss but hey, it was after a night and morning with two sets. everything else was flawless, even with the minmal techy multi beats layed over each other, he pulled it off like a pro. stayed almost to the end. to top it all of nice, my hommie biz buys me breakfast. what a nice sunday night AND i got to promote to a nice crowd.

Guest Philip

Christ - third time ive mistakenly posted something today that was supposed to be quoted and sent over PM :-[

im tired. went straight to the airport and work after this party.

but anyway yeah. totally amazing vibe last night.

Guest alienbeat

Yep what a night!... for those who caught Lawler @ Space on Saturday night & paid... umm too bad because Buck15 was free and very well worth the sunday night. Sure, Steve did kinda messed up (a tad bit) but if you looked at his face that instant, it wasn't his fault but a bad record, he was puzzled how it happened but a quick recovery just eased the pain of embarresment and people just continued to dance the night away as if nothing happened. Some of us thought he'd never make it.... "someone call steve and tell him he's missing his own private party" ... was the inside joke that night.

Thanks to Q for starting the decks, he's style was very pleasing to my ears. For those who did not know about the event until the last minute or was confused about the door discretion, thanks for making it anyhow -- i'm told it was much appreciated by those who made this event happen. I'm sure everyone was happy of the outcome and still talking about it this hour.

Guest coach

yeah, but where is Buck 15??????

Dude, how many times have you asked that, from as far back as when JJ was spinning there many months ago?

Guest Cosmigonon

yeah, but where is Buck 15??????

Dude, how many times have you asked that, from as far back as when JJ was spinning there many months ago?

Sorry, I obviously forgot... :P

Guest Marina22

nice to meet you to .....last night was a blast!!!

What time did you guys leave? I didn't even introduce my bf to you two but you probably saw him. We left soon after Steve was done, sorry Chib we would've liked to have seen you spin longer but we had to leave before the alchohol soaked in more. :-X

Guest spinderella7713

nice to meet you to .....last night was a blast!!!

What time did you guys leave? I didn't even introduce my bf to you two but you probably saw him. We left soon after Steve was done, sorry Chib we would've liked to have seen you spin longer but we had to leave before the alchohol soaked in more. :-X

we left at 4am....would have loved to finish it out but i am one of the unfortunates who work today!! fancuilli???

Guest Marina22

Nice to meet you Marina22 and all the cj'ers as well.

It was nice to hear steve play deep house in the beginning of his set. Ame and Mr V are the only ones I know by artist as I'm not a dj. his mixing was great. One little miss but hey, it was after a night and morning with two sets. everything else was flawless, even with the minmal techy multi beats layed over each other, he pulled it off like a pro. stayed almost to the end. to top it all of nice, my hommie biz buys me breakfast. what a nice sunday night AND i got to promote to a nice crowd.

Joe, I did not picture you to look like you do. My bf Dave said the same thing, maybe more like a homie G or like a guido. Not that it matters what you look like but you were very nice anyway. :P

Guest Marina22

Yep what a night!... for those who caught Lawler @ Space on Saturday night & paid... umm too bad because Buck15 was free and very well worth the sunday night. Sure, Steve did kinda messed up (a tad bit) but if you looked at his face that instant, it wasn't his fault but a bad record, he was puzzled how it happened but a quick recovery just eased the pain of embarresment and people just continued to dance the night away as if nothing happened. Some of us thought he'd never make it.... "someone call steve and tell him he's missing his own private party" ... was the inside joke that night.

Thanks to Q for starting the decks, he's style was very pleasing to my ears. For those who did not know about the event until the last minute or was confused about the door discretion, thanks for making it anyhow -- i'm told it was much appreciated by those who made this event happen. I'm sure everyone was happy of the outcome and still talking about it this hour.

Thanks for being my intel man and telling me about this, even though it was "top secret". I forgot about the train wreck since I was in the bathroom at the time. I was being a kook dancing in the bathroom and then all I heard was the record scratch and OOOOOHHHHH! It happens though and we all had fun anyway. ;D

.. We left soon after Steve was done, sorry Chib we would've liked to have seen you spin longer but we had to leave before the alchohol soaked in more. :-X

it was a fun party and it was even more fun playing for the last hour

good hanging out with you guys .. :)

wonder how the after party went ?

wasted !

Guest james stratus

Why didn't anyone call me for this :'( I am poor and I was depressed so I didn't go out all weekend. I disown you all now >:(

Guest dahzel

what a good time! the fact that it was such a small place really made it as good as it was. we passed on space because we had found out about this about an hour before heading over to revolution for carl cox. so at the last minute we changed our plans, sold a few people out, and hoped for the best (being able to attend the party at buck 15). after not getting straight answers re: if we were going to be able to attend we finally just got ready and went....and then got a call to definitely come.

at the most, there was 40 people there at any time. it was nice to finally meet phil, andrew chibale, and josue(sp?). like cristina said chib, we were wasted and HAD to go. we both wanted to stay but the drive to fort lauderdale seemed like it was getting longer and longer the longer we stayed. didn't really know what to expect for a set but it was a good one. i don't even remember the train wreck but that shit happens. it was definitely a night for the books, it's not too often you get to see a show like that. it was nice to see steve again. we never missed him for over 3 years and then missed him everytime for over a year. it was like seeing an old friend again and it made cristina and i very happy ;D ;D! once again, thank you josue for the leak... you were our deep throat ;D!! thank you to all who put this together... a great night!!

Guest Marina22

Why didn't anyone call me for this :'( I am poor and I was depressed so I didn't go out all weekend. I disown you all now >:(

Sorry James, I was not even supposed to know nor did I think I was going at like 10pm. Then I decided to go anyway but I got a "come" text at around 11pm.