Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Shine Friday Night Review

Guest missgroovethang

honestly .... i expected more .. way more

i was glad i was able to say hi and wish another happy b-day to the lust4house family but the place didnt seem like it was ready for a party ...

so simple .. no decorations .. no smoking permitted inside .. blah !

music was good, farina was good .. lust were good ... but hey! it is a 9 year anniversary! how about some baloons or some dancers or something on the walls !!

hanging out outside was kinda cool though ... getting the smoking breaks and telling people to sushhhsss their mouths cause someone might complaint lol ...

thanks to major for the drinks .. ;)

ps. James got lost ? :D

I know we were at the same party because your fun filled self contributed to the awesome vibe @ Shine last night!!!

I had a very cool time...

The croud was fabulous and so was the music...

I thought it was so cool chillin out in a loungy atmosphere with so many positives... 8) 8) 8)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest djjoncowan

big ups too everyone involved and all who supported us. thankyou for making the lust 4 house anniversary and the return of shine a big successs. You all make me continue to do what I do so thankyou from the bottom of my heart..... look for an announcement soon about future events at shine and once again thankyou to everyone from staff to patrons - you guys rock!

as for those of you with your negative remarks everyone is entitled to their opinion but we must have been at different events. everyone from styke to luis diaz to biz to wmc director bill kelly to ultra fest ceo alex omes to the booty boys to rolly plus countess others included the CJ massive were in attendance and from the jumping and screaming from the dance floor the vibe sure seemed good to me. As for mark he was wicked as always - played everything from mushroom jazzy house, to jackin chicago house, to propper prog, to classic old school house and even threw several hip hop vocals and beats over top. he also played both vinyl and cd which is always a plus in my book these days. Musically and technically Mark Farina is known world wide as one of the best US based DJ's by a long shot and in my opinion he proved why last night... some of the things he does behind the decks is magical and really imaginative and anyone who understands any genre of music should have been able to enjoy last night.... he played something for everyone like a DJ of his status should... can't wait to have him back - as biz said "we believe in mark" ;) - thanks again to everyone especially the staff, vaughan, nicole, jason, and sheldon and the entire lust family plus a huge thankyou to Mark Farina for making last night special.....

Guest dancefloored

If all you did was stand by the bar then sure, there's no vibe. THE VIBE IS ON THE DANCEFLOOR!! Vibe doesn't require numbers... it requires seeing people's faces light up and watching them dance. There was plenty of that where I was last night... ON THE DANCEFLOOR!! Mark Farina rocked .

AMEN!

not feeling a vibe? get on the dancefloor and make a vibe.

It all starts with you!

enough said

-----------END OF THREAD--------------

Guest loaded

I was there and it just did not have a fun feel to it. We were trying to get our own vibe started, just wasn't feelin it. I don't think people knew Shine was back open because when we used to go, it was packed! I am sure it will pick back up.

Guest HouseJunkie

seems like the dude that started this thread wasnt gonna get laid cuz his girlies liked hip hop n not "tacataca music" which im sure was what happened...

so he didn't get laid regardless, now he's pissed for spending $ on them, and felt like he should make a thread about it...

another night out in miami

Haha.. tell the bitch you want your money back..show her the receipt too...

Guest Marina22

hehehe i dont even know what to say...its all fun spirit ok.. dont get all fucking douched out ok.. i have no problem with MF.. but the CLUB sucked.. thats the whole point of this thread.. so chill the fuck out okie dokie?

use the quotes... who is this directed to?

Guest djjoncowan

hehehe i dont even know what to say...its all fun spirit ok.. dont get all fucking douched out ok.. i have no problem with MF.. but the CLUB sucked.. thats the whole point of this thread.. so chill the fuck out okie dokie?

exactly.... this guy has some serious issues.... same thread every week from this trouble starter

Guest dahzel

wow, this is the most diverse review i've read on cj. there are many elements that go together to make a clubber's experience on a night out. it seems that a lot of the complaints are directed towards different elements. i didn't realize that it was not only the grand-reopening of shine but also the 9 year ann. for lust 4 house. i don't know who would've been responsible for the decor but chib is right when he says that there should have been something for the atmosphere of the club. jon cowan addressed the music at the club but i was surprised that the decor wasn't addressed. a lot of the "vibe" comes from people dancing and enjoying the music. but if a lot of people aren't feeling the club itself, the music can only do so much.

Guest mr.miami

Why do some of you all have to get mentally out of shape just because someone said they didn't like the venue? Also Icon doesn't seem to be the only one that didnt like it. Perhaps there is truth to his story. :o

exactly.... this guy has some serious issues.... same thread every week from this trouble starter

jon.. u should tell your doorman to NOT let us in for $20 when we had a party of 10. 10 x $20 = $200.. not $20.. thanks for the free admissions LOL.. man u guys need to chill for real.. im not talking shit about the music or the dj.. im talking shit about the night... chill the fuck out children... canned bud lights? wtf? at least give me a fucking bottle.

shine reminded me of my high school prom (where i was announced king by the way LOL) im off to space where they know how to treat people... shine reminds me of bricks LOL.. shit service.. kiddie venue.. and awful old beers. cheers.

Guest dahzel

Why do some of you all have to get mentally out of shape just because someone said they didn't like the venue? Also Icon doesn't seem to be the only one that didnt like it. Perhaps there is truth to his story. :o

i agree that everyone has their own style and opinions and that's the way it should be. i would like to know if it was 1 bad beer or if it was many bad beers. shit happens and 1 bad beer is not an issue but if beer after beer was nasty than it's a big problem. i doubt it was like that but he didn't elaborate either. usually a bad review doesn't mean shit but for a place that is reopening and needs good press, this doesn't help shine's situation.

for me personally, a bad review is just that, someone else's experience and their opinion. this or any other bad review would not stop me from going to shine or any other venue. every place has a bad night every now and then. i wish jon cowan and everyone involved good luck in the future.

Guest Cosmigonon

So the guy didn't like the party, I don't think that's the 1st time in the history of the world that such a thing has happenned...

Guest dahzel

jon.. u should tell your doorman to NOT let us in for $40 when we had a party of 10. 10 x $20 = $200.. not $40.. thanks for the free admissions LOL.. man u guys need to chill for real.. im not talking shit about the music or the dj.. im talking shit about the night... chill the fuck out children... shine reminded me of my high school prom (where i was announced king by the way LOL) im off to space where they know how to treat people... shine reminds me of bricks LOL.. shit service.. kiddie venue.. and awful old beers.

http://www.cooljunkie.com/forums/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=32993

u are absolutley right!! i have a life.. and dont sit on a message boards posting my life away with 5,000+ posts... +1 for you dude!

http://www.cooljunkie.com/forums/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=32993

and so u know you...

you still won't get laid tonight since space doesnt have hip hop after 6...

look at the date that i registered compared to when you registered...

u still won't get laid, i'll have a cold one for u tho - kudos

LMAO diogo!!

Guest mr.miami

Still, I am slightly surprised that you can go out with a group of 10 people and not have a good time. Yall could throw your own party. By the way what was the most dangerous thing the bartenders did that night? Do they mess with fire like at voodoo sometimes?

Guest Deez Nuts

jon.. u should tell your doorman to NOT let us in for $40 when we had a party of 10. 10 x $20 = $200.. not $40.. thanks for the free admissions LOL.. man u guys need to chill for real.. im not talking shit about the music or the dj.. im talking shit about the night... chill the fuck out children... shine reminded me of my high school prom (where i was announced king by the way LOL) im off to space where they know how to treat people... shine reminds me of bricks LOL.. shit service.. kiddie venue.. and awful old beers.

u are absolutley right!! i have a life.. and dont sit on a message boards posting my life away with 5,000+ posts... +1 for you dude!

and so u know you...

lol.. yup.. ill NEVER get laid again.. holy shit.. i should play the fucking lottery today! all my ghetto ass bitches wont be there so its all good.

ur right but these guys will be waiting for u...vip w/ bottles, i know you like "groups"...

Vesel%20osmi%20marec.jpg

just looking out - have fun & i hope u score this time

;)

Seems to me that you knew right where to go to get that pic...and with this, I have my first post!

J/K by the way.

Not new to the board, been lurking for a while. My girlfriend posts on here all of the time and I have decided to join. I have met many of you and I hope to meet many more. ;D

Guest mr.miami

and so u know you...

lol.. yup.. ill NEVER get laid again.. holy shit.. i should play the fucking lottery today! all my ghetto ass bitches wont be there so its all good.

ur right but these guys will be waiting for u...vip w/ bottles, i know you like "groups"...

Vesel%20osmi%20marec.jpg

just looking out - have fun & i hope u score this time

;)

why u have to be a dickhead bro? oh i guess ppl with 5,000+ posts can be? well fuck u. u got me dude... ok.. i look at boys dressed as fags..... that makes a whole new perspective about last night at shine? yea dude....im gay.. i love dick.. and i love it up the ass.. holy shit.. i cannot believe your 5,000+ posts brought my gay ass out of the closet.. kudos to you dawg... if i see u out one night.. after i put your head through the sink hole.. ill be sure to buy ya a beer.

Are you all gonna be going out soon, or can I look forward to this entertainment for the rest of this night/morning?

Guest swirlundergrounder

i guess different people expect different things from a party. i had a great time.

I know if I could have been there I would have had a great time. I would have picked some mushrooms out of my back yard and given them to Mark...LOL :P

Guest Philip

i guess different people expect different things from a party. i had a great time.

I know if I could have been there I would have had a great time. I would have picked some mushrooms out of my back yard and given them to Mark...LOL :P

you have mushrooms in your backyard? lol

Guest joec

moral of the story?? get out of high schol and stop drinking beer. drink liquor like the rest of the grown ups.

i wasnt even there and i can guarantee you it was a great party. jon & vaughn have been doing events longer than most, so if you didnt have a good time, thats your own damn fault.

Guest Adam Singer

moral of the story?? get out of high schol and stop drinking beer. drink liquor like the rest of the grown ups.

i wasnt even there and i can guarantee you it was a great party. jon & vaughn have been doing events longer than most, so if you didnt have a good time, thats your own damn fault.

x2

Guest swirlundergrounder

you have mushrooms in your backyard? lol

Yes but I don't know if they are that kind of mushroom...