Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mokai Lounge, there goes another one.

V. Barbarino

EVENTS FOR OCTOBER BEHROUZ

10/19 : Mokai Lounge

10/20 : Gryphon Nightclub

10/26 : Mokai Lounge

11/16 : Mokai Lounge

It amazes me how dumb these vip clubs truely are.

Why would booking Behrouze twice a month at Mokai be a good thing? Cany anyone explain that to me?

Ace, you are wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong on this one, Mokai is ran by morons, they should never ever ever ever book djs in there...

Mark it down, Mokai will have a very very short shelf life, in fact, it might be another Spring Time for Hitler.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deprivation

I could give a flip about Mokai. What do you mean by "it might be another Spring Time for Hitler"?

It's a money fraud scheme.

read here

Interesting thing about that Spring Time for Hitler. I hadn't heard of that before.

Why is it stupid to book a DJ there?

Guest Fez

Mokai is pretty nice...

but they shouldn't waste their time booking djs....people could care less who's behind the decks...

i'm going again for the Pablo ceballos gig in 2 weeks

Guest dgrutman

the place is really cool. its a great change of pace from the massive clubs. plus nicola and karim are 2 of my favorite people in the buis.

Guest klit

Place is much smaller then I thought it would be. Beautiful inside though and the music on friday nights is a great mix of everything. Place is gonna be there for a while, but how often they book guest djs is something else.

Grutman any idea what happened to mynt? Thought I saw their doors closed this weekend.

Guest Fez

Place is much smaller then I thought it would be. Beautiful inside though and the music on friday nights is a great mix of everything. Place is gonna be there for a while, but how often they book guest djs is something else.

Grutman any idea what happened to mynt? Thought I saw their doors closed this weekend.

they open and close every now and then...

Guest sfgrl

They are trying to make Thursday nights a good house music night and to build momentum. I would catch Behrouz in a small club ten times a month. Why do people have to complain all the time????

As someone mentioned above he is the resident there and residents do play more than once a month. Now if your boy Danny Tsetto would play there more than once a month would you be complaining? I dont think so.

Guest ramon

New ownership for Mynt is what I heard. :)

EVENTS FOR OCTOBER BEHROUZ

10/19    : Mokai Lounge

10/20    : Gryphon Nightclub

10/26    : Mokai Lounge

11/16    : Mokai Lounge

It amazes me how dumb these vip clubs truely are.

Why would booking Behrouze twice a month at Mokai be a good thing? Cany anyone explain that to me?

Ace, you are wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong on this one, Mokai is ran by morons, they should never ever ever ever book djs in there...

Mark it down, Mokai will have a very very short shelf life, in fact, it might be another Spring Time for Hitler.

LOVE THE PRODUCERS ;D

Guest dgrutman

Mynt got sold

Guest dgrutman

Last I saw, Mynt said they were under renovation. Also, the same people who own Mynt also own Mokai, right?

no nicola who used to be an owner before parting ways with roberto caan went and opened Mokai and Quattro (restaurant on lincoln, fucking amazing).

From a business stand point, a club or lounge should go as long as they possibly can before booking any dj... This is club land 101..

The second you book one it's over, you are now forced to book one and the crowd will expect more and more and more until you are paying Morillo 60k to spin. It's still business, these jocks while friends with owners will still charge a boat load, do you want to know why? Because thier booking agency is not going to allow them to take a 2k gig over a 10k gig... In the long run, it's a loosing situation. It also hurts the dj in this very very important market. Over exposure, Behrouz is only hurting himself. Then if he does really well other clubs will start to bid up his asking price, and now his friendship with the owners are strained.. LP has made a career out of fucking with djs and their asking prices when they spin at competing clubs.

Mansion paid Morillo a reported double booking fee over space. People we are not talking 1k or 5k, we are talking $60,000! EM would piss on you if you think he'll pass up that kind of money to spin for his "friend."

Once LP starts ramming jocks in crobar, he's forced to keep on doing it. Also once he opens up he is going to bid up every djs booking fee around town like the old days. The thing is, LP has owner ship in a few clubs, he has more to offer.

Mansion booked very few guest djs for a long time, they were smart, but as time when on they had to offer more, thus why they are in the dj booking business. Mokai, should have stayed on the sidelines for a long long time.

Guest sfgrl

Dude this is only a small club and they are trying to bring a Pure Behrouz residency to Miami for a crowd you are not probably used to seeing.

Behrouz is moving to Miami so he most definitely needs somewhere to kick his heels into like his residency at Ruby Skye in San Francisco. Dont apply Club Land 101 to Mokai because they are not aiming for the Space, Twilo or Crobar clientele. Like I said, catching Behrouz at a smaller club is probably one of the most amazing experiences I've had. I'm sure Luis and all the other big clubs will still book him and it's not competition for them if he plays at Mokai.

Guest pod

I don't think anyone is worried about the competition factor.

From reading the various press releases and so forth, what I gather is that Mokaï is an über-upscale VIP lounge.

What Barbarino is saying is that Behrouz would not be appreciated in that venue, since here in Miami, the VIP crowd does not care for house music, nor do they follow DJs.

He's not that Behrouz isn't suited for a small venue.

Guest coach

The VIP does not care for house music? What VIPs have you been going to? Most of the upscale events that I have been to, nearly all of them, in fact, feature what I would call loungy-house. It may go by some other name, but it is EDM, to be sure, just of a lesser-intensity than a big club.