Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Part 2 - My 2 cents on the WHOLE! soulful house music scene out here.

Guest sobesoul

Guest sobesoul

Again, I'd like to thank the following 'Soul Simple Entertainment', 'Aquabooty bunch', 'Lust4House', & 'Consious Collective' for their soulful house music events.

Ok, let's get crackin'. This weekend looks to be verrrry buzy in terms of soulful house music parties. Little Louie Vega, Kevin Hedge will be here Friday at Pawn Shop, Osulade will be on Saturday at Pawn Shop. It may look like I'm posting shameless plugs but, in reality I'm not. There are also other soulful house music events going on, in fact Friday's at RAIN is 'Soul Simple Entertainment' and Saturday yours truly will be playing at 'VINO'. So, yes there are many choices to choose what parties one would like to go. Now, the question is your choice a bias one or sincere.

Let's break it down. Are you one of those people who go out to party ONLY when there is a big name DJ in town? If you are, then your just like everybody else who jumps on the band wagon. No individuality.

If not, please support your local soulful house music event whom ever it is.

Thanks!

Guest Cosmigonon

Let's break it down. Are you one of those people who go out to party ONLY when there is a big name DJ in town? If you are, then your just like everybody else who jumps on the band wagon. No individuality.

Yeah, great way to atract party-goers... ::)

Guest swank

+1

I LOVE deephouse and anyone who knows me from these boards knows this but... peeps constantly begging for support (almost making others feel guilty)gets real tiring after awhile. If you do the right things your scene will be busy. Sometimes you have to pay your dues,this is definetely not the way to attract people to your events. You are not the first 'souldier' to be disapointed with the scene. This is NOT up north...you in Miami baby! ;)

my $0.02

/rant

Guest SoulSimple

+1

I LOVE deephouse and anyone who knows me from these boards knows this but... peeps constantly begging for support (almost making others feel guilty)gets real tiring after awhile. If you do the right things your scene will be busy. Sometimes you have to pay your dues,this is definetely not the way to attract people to your events. You are not the first 'souldier' to be disapointed with the scene. This is NOT up north...you in Miami baby! ;)

my $0.02

/rant

I agree with some points and disagree with others...I don't think dieggo is begging for support..I think he's heard as I have heard (after going to big name events) people coming back with feedback that they really didn't enjoy the music from the headliner event, but was there, because EVERYBODY ELSE WAS THERE. There are local events that play just as good music as a headliner event and in some cases better music, but if it's not a name DJ spinning then then house is almost empty. Heck I've even seen the BIG BOYS in Miami have a headliner that's not as popular as lets say a "Louie Vega" but beat the music just as good, and and he is very popular in northern states, but here only a few supported. You do have some that express individuality however...which brings me to my last point...NO THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT NEW YORK...because unlike some people here; people back home aren't afraid to express their individuality, step out of the box and do something completely different and THEN support it till it becomes the SHYTE...I do agree with " You HAVE TO MAKE YOUR EVENT SHINE"...that is true and you also have to step out of the box as a promoter. The conventional ways of promoting are dead...its a new era...time for new Ideas and strategies.....

That's just my take...

""Carry on theres nothing left here to see""

Guest swank

+1

my $0.02

/rant

I agree with some points and disagree with others...I don't think dieggo is begging for support..I think he's heard as I have heard (after going to big name events) people coming back with feedback that they really didn't enjoy the music from the headliner event, but was there, because EVERYBODY ELSE WAS THERE. There are local events that play just as good music as a headliner event and in some cases better music, but if it's not a name DJ spinning then then house is almost empty. Heck I've even seen the BIG BOYS in Miami have a headliner that's not as popular as lets say a "Louie Vega" but beat the music just as good, and and he is very popular in northern states, but here only a few supported. You do have some that express individuality however...which brings me to my last point...NO THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT NEW YORK...because unlike some people here; people back home aren't afraid to express their individuality, step out of the box and do something completely different and THEN support it till it becomes the SHYTE...I do agree with " You HAVE TO MAKE YOUR EVENT SHINE"...that is true and you also have to step out of the box as a promoter. The conventional ways of promoting are dead...its a new era...time for new Ideas and strategies.....

That's just my take...

I wasn't particularly speaking about "Diego" but more about our scene in general. As far as marketing goes...this might not be the board to attract the demographic that the deep scene is looking for. The deep scene has about 5 really strong boards where you might want to show your presence because when those peeps from up north start coming down...they will be looking for somwhere to go and it won't be Space :P

Someone once did a poll regarding age group on this forum and if you read it you will see that the age group here might not be interested in soulful music with real instruments but more into electronica. So if you hit your targeted market and your databases as well as converting while you're out and about....you should be fine.

Did you ever notice that religions don't recruit from within...they go out and recruit by touching, talking, and "turning" you into a believer.

Now go in peace my son. ;D

Guest Chica

U all need to get over who likes what and what's right to like and what's not..... we all have different taste in music and in everything else, if someone likes hip pop FINE, if the other person likes Country FINE ...JEEEEEZ.... it's ok to give your opinion what is not ok is to bash people for what they like..... a lot of ppl here dont think outside their little music box. ok Im done now ;)

Guest coach

yawn

lol ;D

I agree. Snob-snobs annoy me. If someone thinks their music is best, great, but don't talk down to those who don't. The thing is, I *wholeheartedly* encourage creativity and individualism. I hate the herd mentality. But, there is no need to be condescending about it.

Guest Philip

i see you didn't learn to much from the responses on 'Part 1 - My 2 cents on the WHOLE! soulful house music scene out here'

::)

you have a lot to learn my friend

Guest swank

soulful house - aka weather channel house ;)

other music (no names) = *hit midi control now* let program do the rest...over and over and over.... :P

Guest Adam Singer

other music (no names) = *hit midi control now* let program do the rest...over and over and over.... :P

minimal ? ;)

Guest coach

LMAO!

Guest SoulSimple

+1

my $0.02

/rant

That's just my take...

I wasn't particularly speaking about "Diego" but more about our scene in general. As far as marketing goes...this might not be the board to attract the demographic that the deep scene is looking for. The deep scene has about 5 really strong boards where you might want to show your presence because when those peeps from up north start coming down...they will be looking for somwhere to go and it won't be Space :P

Someone once did a poll regarding age group on this forum and if you read it you will see that the age group here might not be interested in soulful music with real instruments but more into electronica. So if you hit your targeted market and your databases as well as converting while you're out and about....you should be fine.

Did you ever notice that religions don't recruit from within...they go out and recruit by touching, talking, and "turning" you into a believer.

Now go in peace my son. ;D

Now this is true...my friend! "Cause we done been to the mountain top"...I agree with you swank..5 strong boards yo mentioned, I only use 1 DeepHousePage...what others are popular??

Guest lyrik

http://www.housearrestevents.net/rm/2006-10-13miguelmigs.ram

Man I know...damn the set above nearly put me to sleep ::)

...but honestly do you people ever just try and listen to music (all types)...I mean sit back and really hear the different textures or allow them to present themselves as the musician, DJ and/or producer intended? I mean I am not really a soulful house type...I stay more to the jacked up type of urban infused house...but good music is good music. Shit does it have to contain a horn and tribal drums to meet the dancefloor agenda of the Miami crowd? Come on...think of it from mainstream perspective...if someone is a big chili peppers fan does that mean anything different is junk because it doesn't fall into that genre? There is a ton of shit out there from all areas...but then again there is a lot of great music going on. All music borrows from other music and musical genres...past and present...especially EDM.

Guest michael^heaven

There is a ton of shit out there from all areas...but then again there is a lot of great music going on. All music borrows from other music and musical genres...past and present...especially EDM.

Agreed