Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD or VC???

Guest hiram

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ramon

i wouldn't be too shocked if there was a warehouse party afterwards as well...

ohhh shyteeeeeeeeee

This is that Saturday night right???

yes .. tampa does afterparty .. i turned up to the last one at noon the next day and they were still going.

crazinesssss.

Guest rhythmburn

yes .. tampa does afterparty .. i turned up to the last one at noon the next day and they were still going.

crazinesssss.

nicee... okay where's HPC at? I think i'll see if my friends in Largo wanna get a room.. all though sounds like we may not use it. LOL

south tampa

1806 W. Platt St.

www.thehydeparkcafe.com

Guest swirlundergrounder

What else is going on that weekend besides PVD or VC?

20061124.jpg

OK I'm so there. What night is this? Friday?? Please say Friday!!

personally im not goig to either but id go see VC only because i have never seen him live and i hear hes pretty good(at least thats what miss hotass seems to say ;) ) ;D

Bling - you know me alllll to well young man. lol

VC without a doubt!!!!!!

I'll be in Tampa that weekend but I hope to see him when he plays Twilo again SOON. To all my fans.. yes i do plan to go out again eventually when VC is in da hizzzouse... :-*

ummm....::cough:: righhhttt..... i'll believe it when i see it :P

Personally i've seen pvd many times in my trance days...as i only went to trance events up north n pvd was one of those not to miss events...i still do listen to trance just not at a large scale, im sure pvd will rock it, but i haven't seen vc that many times. They do play completelly different sounds, VC's tribal is a bit more harder not just your typical africanism type of sound. PVD's trance/prog house is also hard with the typical up's/down's u get from an european trance dj, at least that's from I remember. His house won't be anything close to what VC plays, as PVD's house/trance won't be anything close to what VC plays.

both good dj's

both great events

dt will be good too im sure, not sure if i'll be able to make it tho but deff worth checking it out in my book - first time he plays @ twilo, i rather go see him there anyday than go see him @ mansion imo.

Guest hiram

technically im more of a trancehead but im into house just as much. the sets Level posted got me itching to hear VC's style of harder/electroish tribal. ive seen PVD plenty of times on fridays and saw him at central park last year, i wanna see what he brings to the table on a sat. night at space. this will be my first sat night PVD show. from what i understand VC is playing afterhours?? maybe head over there after PVD is done

technically im more of a trancehead but im into house just as much. the sets Level posted got me itching to hear VC's style of harder/electroish tribal. ive seen PVD plenty of times on fridays and saw him at central park last year, i wanna see what he brings to the table on a sat. night at space. this will be my first sat night PVD show. from what i understand VC is playing afterhours?? maybe head over there after PVD is done

VC gets on the decks @ 4am after Abel...

Guest LeVeL

VC gets on the decks @ 4am after Abel...

Hey thanks for posting that...I wanted to check out VC that night also but didn't know at what time he would get on the decks.

Guest Adam Singer

van dyk lost the picture years ago...7 ways and then out there and back were his last good albums - he needs to bring that sound back

vc isnt my style, i wouldnt go to see him

id rather go see some of our locals play somewhere than either of these 2 events...

Guest LeVeL

van dyk lost the picture years ago...7 ways and then out there and back were his last good albums - he needs to bring that sound back

id rather go see some of our locals play somewhere than either of these 2 events...

Your Crazy... Van Dyk is the most consistant Trance DJ in the Genre, his sound hasn't changed much.

Please dont express your opinion regarding a Dj, when you actually dont listen to his Dj Sets or have seen him live. Only because your not into the DJ and your into a different sound doesn't mean he lost his groove.

Guest Adam Singer

vc isnt my style' date=' i wouldnt go to see him

[/quote']

Your Crazy... Van Dyk is the most consistant Trance DJ in the Genre, his sound hasn't changed much.

Please dont express your opinion regarding a Dj, when you actually dont listen to his Dj Sets or have seen him live. Only because your not into the DJ and your into a different sound doesn't mean he lost his groove.

ive gotten all his new discs, from politics of dancing through reflections (which was actually handed to me by Paul at space when i was hangin with markus in the booth during the end of his set)

ive seen him at least 7 times live, and he's consistent in his technical skills but i liked his music years ago better...i have some perspective here...i just miss his older stuff

reflections wasnt bad it just wasnt timeless like out there & back and 7 ways...and politics i thought were just 'okay'...

Guest LeVeL

ive gotten all his new discs, from politics of dancing through reflections (which was actually handed to me by Paul at space when i was hangin with markus in the booth during the end of his set)

ive seen him at least 7 times live, and he's consistent in his technical skills but i liked his music years ago better...i have some perspective here...i just miss his older stuff

reflections wasnt bad it just wasnt timeless like out there & back and 7 ways...and politics i thought were just 'okay'...

You cant compare his old stuff to the stuff he plays now...that was his best material..its timeless.

Those were the Hay Days of Trance. He still consistently takes out descent material he hasn't gone off the cliff like your boy Sasha has gone though.

Guest Adam Singer

vc isnt my style' date=' i wouldnt go to see him

[/quote']

You cant compare his old stuff to the stuff he plays now...that was his best material..its timeless.

Those were the Hay Days of Trance. He still consistently takes out descent material he hasn't gone off the cliff like your boy Sasha has gone though.

hah!! let's not bring sasha into this

really tho the last time i saw him at space, the defining moment of his set was when he played the album mix of 'another way'...those 7 minutes was magical - bring that sound back imo - the hard house-ish stuff has got to go

Guest ramon

its funny that paul van dyk used to be an amazing techno dj.

sasha and pvd were on that same level .. they just went in different directions.

i saw pvd in '99 at the peak of the trance movement imo and he was awesome .. he's just not what im into .. however if he would pull out cosmic baby - cosmic cubes .. i'd probably flip out.

Guest JMT
really tho the last time i saw him at space, the defining moment of his set was when he played the album mix of 'another way'...those 7 minutes was magical - bring that sound back imo - the hard house-ish stuff has got to go

+1

that was the best part of the night. if he doesnt play any of his classics its a waste, imo.

Guest mr.miami

So when you all go out do you try to identify every noise, sound, and track you hear?Do you debate on the dance floor? I cant see the fun in that. 8)