Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jonathan Peters at Space with Oakie and S Collins

V. Barbarino

Guest dancefloored

from his set @ Nocturnal earlier this year at conference, people would be blessed if they dont find out who JP is IMO

All the triskc and toys in the WORLD couldn't make him an even SUBPAR dj. The only reason he gets booked is because he's the fav among the guidos. They call them the JP army because they have no minds of their own and can't tell you who any other dj is to save their live. You remember ginny the guido (or whatever his name was)? Well thats EXACTLY how Pacha gets on a jp night.

And dont even get me started on the ONE time i went to Surf Club. *LOL* I only went for shits and giggles and to actually see what was going on, mind you it was 8pm on a sunday. It was far worse than any time at Union Lounge and Nerve put together.

Those of you that know, KNOW. ;D

Guest Chica

Space staff please be advise that high use of COCAINE or other drugs are going to happen the night JP is there, please search the DJ ....... just a lil info......lol

All the triskc and toys in the WORLD couldn't make him an even SUBPAR dj. The only reason he gets booked is because he's the fav among the guidos. They call them the JP army because they have no minds of their own and can't tell you who any other dj is to save their live. You remember ginny the guido (or whatever his name was)? Well thats EXACTLY how Pacha gets on a jp night.

And dont even get me started on the ONE time i went to Surf Club. *LOL* I only went for shits and giggles and to actually see what was going on, mind you it was 8pm on a sunday. It was far worse than any time at Union Lounge and Nerve put together.

Those of you that know, KNOW. ;D

Personal opinions aside, the guy makes money for himself.. Plus he use to do some of the best productions around, he has put out so many hits over the years.

Sheldon Romero did a JP tribute cd, you'd be shocked at how many huge club tracks the guy has did..

I still love Boots on the Run. GTI has to be one of the most sampled tracks of all time.

Guest tres-b

Guido army or no, JP has some monster hits and his style is all his own. I recommend you check out the Sound Factory live cds...decent set IMO.

Personally, I find JP to be a fun dj to listen to live. When he was in Atlanta a few months back, he played a solid set. It was a bit commecial but that was perfect for the crowd @ Fever. Of course, there were only a couple guidos there so they were entertaining rather than an annoying army. ;D

Guest HouseJunkie

I've never heard JP live but I bought one of his albums a couple of hears ago and I still listen to it today, his album is one of the few I haven’t thrown away after listening a number of times.

CDs are nothing like a live set. I've heard him twice and sweore i'd never go back. You all know that i rarely ever criticise a DJ, but he was truly awful. I stuck it out but all i heard was pots and pans.

I didn't say anything about his productions because honestly i'm not familiar with him. I'm just talking about his DJ skills. Maybe he was better in the past, now what i heard was just garbage.

I really do hope the night goes well because at the end of the day, opions are like assholes - everyones got one.

Guest frankthetank

Who cares...if he sucks don't go. I am sure it will still be packed.

Yes opinions are like assholes cuz these opions stink. ;D

Who cares...if he sucks don't go. I am sure it will still be packed.

Yes opinions are like assholes cuz these opions stink. ;D

Of course i'm not going to go, i live in NY. If i lived in Miami i still wouldn't go. But i've heard the dude so I will give my review. Its up to you and whoever else reads this to make their own decision, i don't force anyone to see things my way.

Information for informations sake. That is all.

Guest pod

I'm really just curious to see if he drags that whole ensemble of a DJ set-up with him to Miami. By the looks of it, it could all be squared away in a few road cases.

Guest frankthetank

I'm really just curious to see if he drags that whole ensemble of a DJ set-up with him to Miami. By the looks of it, it could all be squared away in a few road cases.

That booth must be a serious pain in the arse to set up and take apart.

Guest pod

I'd imagine so. Getting everything all just-so and such. If he is, I'm sure him or his tech will show up prior to the club opening up for the night and get everything squared away. A club like Space would insist on it anyway.

Most guys carrying outboard gear or lots of toys do it that way.

Guest rhythmdoc

Paul Oakenfold = booooring!!!!

He had his time and now he is over. He is only good for a night of reminiscing on the old classics! That is it! :'(

Guest pod

You know the venue will be slammed though. Plus the schedule says "Myspace Party featuring..." so I don't think LP had to pay much for the privilege.

Guest Chica

JP is not bad, Ive seen him twice during the WMC....

just go and have fun, who cares about the guidos and such....I dont go to the club and worry about ppl around me I go to have my own damn fun with my friends......

Guest saintjohn
By the looks of it, it could all be squared away in a few road cases.

I think it's a dozen cases, but I'd have to go back and check my notes to make sure. I'm sure it's in the article somewhere, but I just can't remember right now. Each case supposedly weighs less than 100 pounds, so the entire rig can be flown without too much hassle.

Samantha's actually designed for travel, btw. JP says he's designing a booth setup for permanent installation which would be even more impressive/expensive/insane (take your pick).