Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sander Kleinenberg @ SPACE sat Nov 4th!!!!

Guest spinderella7713

Guest LeVeL

Also one last thing..whos the Dj that is opening the Patio, you know the guy who played right before Sander, I have to say he played very,very good...just was tearing apart the patio.

Thats Ariel G.

www.beholdrecordings.com

He's good..it would be cool if he played longer sets.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fez

well

i don't go to space much, let's just say today was the day...got there around 5:30 and left at noon-->first time doing that....it was definately fun,

it was great hanging w/ sander for 3 mins. 8)

Guest Marina22

I have to totally disagree with the music being good from kLIENENBERG. This was the seventh time I've seem him, second at space. This was without a doubt one of the weakest sets I've seen him play. I've always been impressed with his ability to throw down different style sets four of the six times. I will say his first hour was full on but after that it was complety downhill.

I really can't excuse him dropping three of the tracks I heard in the main room only to get to the terrace and hear three repeats. With the amount of production coming out right now there is no excuse for these actions. Yet, I did notice this really didn't seem to bother anyone on the terrace. They seemed quite satisfied which is rather goofy.

I will say Oscar G threw done some dope tracks and his mixing was for the most part right on.

When I see a DJ of his caliber, I want to hear tracks that forge the music to another level. The terrace set remind me of a lot of predictable elctro house that was big two years ago. I will give him props for dropping that Audion at about 7:45.

All and all I was extemlly disappointed considered what space has to offers the artists that come and perfrom. It set up for the dj's to truly be artists and play extended sets. So 4 and half hours from Klienenberg seems a little strange.

All in all, the night was fun but something was missing to make the night a success. Yet in numbers the crowd was there.

Of course these are my opinions, and you don't have to agree. But what I do know is some of the best production is coming out right now because I'm an avid buyer of the Vinyl.

But if everyone had a good night tonight, oh well, guess we'll have to see what tenaglia has to offer at twilo on Thanksgiving. Something tells me this will be a little more on the twisted side ;D

What blew me away the most was the comment about the three tracks he played in the main room as well as on the patio, that is completely wack. I thought it was bad when Cedric opened for Roger in June and they had similar tracks but at least I can say Roger didn't hear Cedric's set. For Sander this is bad since his set was only about 5 hours tops, right? Who else was there for both sets?

I have to totally disagree with the music being good from kLIENENBERG. This was the seventh time I've seem him, second at space. This was without a doubt one of the weakest sets I've seen him play. I've always been impressed with his ability to throw down different style sets four of the six times. I will say his first hour was full on but after that it was complety downhill.

I really can't excuse him dropping three of the tracks I heard in the main room only to get to the terrace and hear three repeats. With the amount of production coming out right now there is no excuse for these actions. Yet, I did notice this really didn't seem to bother anyone on the terrace. They seemed quite satisfied which is rather goofy.

I will say Oscar G threw done some dope tracks and his mixing was for the most part right on.

When I see a DJ of his caliber, I want to hear tracks that forge the music to another level. The terrace set remind me of a lot of predictable elctro house that was big two years ago. I will give him props for dropping that Audion at about 7:45.

All and all I was extemlly disappointed considered what space has to offers the artists that come and perfrom. It set up for the dj's to truly be artists and play extended sets. So 4 and half hours from Klienenberg seems a little strange.

All in all, the night was fun but something was missing to make the night a success. Yet in numbers the crowd was there.

Of course these are my opinions, and you don't have to agree. But what I do know is some of the best production is coming out right now because I'm an avid buyer of the Vinyl.

But if everyone had a good night tonight, oh well, guess we'll have to see what tenaglia has to offer at twilo on Thanksgiving. Something tells me this will be a little more on the twisted side ;D

You're a mess bro.

Guest the blew hulk

not everyone goes to a club to ID each and every song, im sure you noticed though

it was too packed, could barely move - the music was decent, personally i dont care bout track selection(my opinion), as long as the crowd, my friends, and myself are having a good time that's really all we care about, but yea it was too damm packed oh well

hot chicks everywhere - esp when u get there with a hot chick makes all the other chicks be like heyy whos that! :P hehe

I respect what your saying completly but labor day weekend when sanchez played the terrace it was packed to the gills. His set that night was without a doubt one the most full on sets I had ever seen. And his track selection that night along with his programming was ridiculous. On top of that he played till 2 in the afternoon. So for Klienenberg to stop at 8 am makes no sense. Maybe he had to fly out early, I don't know.

You're right, having friends there is right on but what brought us there....the tunes. And you're right the women were ridiculous!!!

I specifically just moved to Fort Lauderdale two weeks ago from Atlanta with the club scene being a huge deciding factor. I've been coming to shows here for five years mostly for the conference. So I have somewhat of an idea of the people that go out.

Clubs in Atlanta close at three. A DJ can't truly throw down under those restrictions.

Miami clubs have such a huge potential to hear some of the best sets in the world. The sound system at Space is top notch. Knowing Klienenberg's potential, I expected much more. I've seen the damage he can do. The night was great as far as the crowd went.

I hate to seen a scene come to where it all about hanging out and not much about the music.

not everyone goes to a club to ID each and every song, im sure you noticed though

it was too packed, could barely move - the music was decent, personally i dont care bout track selection(my opinion), as long as the crowd, my friends, and myself are having a good time that's really all we care about, but yea it was too damm packed oh well

hot chicks everywhere - esp when u get there with a hot chick makes all the other chicks be like heyy whos that! :P hehe

I respect what your saying completly but labor day weekend when sanchez played the terrace it was packed to the gills. His set that night was without a doubt one the most full on sets I had ever seen. And his track selection that night along with his programming was ridiculous. On top of that he played till 2 in the afternoon. So for Klienenberg to stop at 8 am makes no sense. Maybe he had to fly out early, I don't know.

You're right, having friends there is right on but what brought us there....the tunes. And you're right the women were ridiculous!!!

I specifically just moved to Fort Lauderdale two weeks ago from Atlanta with the club scene being a huge deciding factor. I've been coming to shows here for five years mostly for the conference. So I have somewhat of an idea of the people that go out.

Clubs in Atlanta close at three. A DJ can't truly throw down under those restrictions.

Miami clubs have such a huge potential to hear some of the best sets in the world. The sound system at Space is top notch. Knowing Klienenberg's potential, I expected much more. I've seen the damage he can do. The night was great as far as the crowd went.

I hate to seen a scene come to where it all about hanging out and not much about the music.

no doubt

where in ft laud did u move to? i live in pompano n alot of the peeps here live in ft laud as well

in general terms...the scene here is mostly about the party and not about the music, all depends who you hang out with n to which parties u go.

Guest Cosmigonon

So for Klienenberg to stop at 8 am makes no sense. Maybe he had to fly out early, I don't know.

apparently those are the new rules at Space. The guest dj only plays the terrace until 8-8:30 tops. Sander is not to be blamed for that.

Guest spinderella7713

Sander played 2 memorable tracks for me ....ill need some help with names....one was called "downtown" he played it in the main room and the patio(orue ill be waiting for you to give that to me)....and im happy he did...i wanted everybody to get the chance to hear it ....and there is almost an 80% switch in people from regular hours to afterhours....and also on the patio he played an edit with "around the world" in it....woooosah. The party was just awsome, great vibe. and Im really glad people got to hear Ariel G blow it up....wow, seriously impressive this week.

new rules of what ?

the set times for guest and resident djs are put together by the Space marketing team ... if they feel that dj pepito should play the terrace only until 6:23am then so be it ... that's what a schedule is made for .. they can always modify it that same night while the party is happening ..

maybe, just maybe Sander K didnt play that long because simply he did not deliever so why extend his set time even more ....

whatever ..

from all the reviews that i have read and heard, the residents were just too good ..

dvd-j set in the mainroom ? lol ...

the only actual good use of a dvd-j i have ever seen before has been at Mansion whereas the light and video guys ACTUALLY play videos according to what the dj is playing using dvd-js for looping and scratching ..

im not a fan of Sander, some pople like him .. i dont ...

everytime he comes into town, it reminds me of an interview someone did on him a few years back where he says "a dj is an entertainer .. if you dont entertain then you might as well be doing something else .."

well, apparently Sander just won't entertain people enough sometimes ..

Guest pod

He's got the new DVJ-1000 units now, not the X1s. The technology i still very new. I was talking with his video guy, and they custom-design all their video loops for each song, which takes time. Eventually tracks will be issued standard with video accompaniment.

Guest ramon

Sander played 2 memorable tracks for me ....ill need some help with names....one was called "downtown" he played it in the main room and the patio(orue ill be waiting for you to give that to me)....and im happy he did...i wanted everybody to get the chance to hear it ....and there is almost an 80% switch in people from regular hours to afterhours....and also on the patio he played an edit with "around the world" in it....woooosah. The party was just awsome, great vibe. and Im really glad people got to hear Ariel G blow it up....wow, seriously impressive this week.

its Chris Lake vs Daft Punk - Changes (Dirty South Remix) vs Around The World

give me either of those songs on their own the mashup is atrocious.

Guest spinderella7713

thx ramon!!! you didnt like that song? where were you? ....we were wondering why you werent there!!!! I guess we just didnt cross paths. ;D

Guest ramon

thx ramon!!! where were you? ....we were wondering why you werent there!!!! I guess we just didnt cross paths. ;D

I was there. :)

I left at like 530.

I'll see you this upcoming week I'm sure.

Guest Philip

that changes vs around the world was atrocious

yeah. just because two tracks are in 4/4 doesn't mean the the mashed-up vocals are gonna be in sync. it didn't even sound like there was any editing to space the words correctly - just straight-up layering.

everyone did recognize it so the crowd went off to it. for what its worth...

Guest ramon

yeah. just because two tracks are in 4/4 doesn't mean the the mashed-up vocals are gonna be in sync. it didn't even sound like there was any editing to space the words correctly - just straight-up layering.

is it true he played mouth to mouth on the patio?!

Guest Philip

had an awesome time!!! plenty of good party toons and good people to be around. nice meeting RzO and Kelly - even though i was to banged up to remember who RzO was an hour later... :P

Guest spinderella7713

Im not as skilled as you guys when music is the topic but I totally disagree with this....I thought that song was siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!!! loved it. loved it. loved it. :P

Guest Philip

Im not as skilled as you guys when music is the topic but I totally disagree with this....I thought that song was siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!!! loved it. loved it. loved it. :P

thats the thing with tracks like that... in the end you have to let your audience decide. Sander traded someones technical ineptitude for that tracks ability to blow a crowd up. music can't be right or wrong. ive always said if someone makes a track and only one person in the whole world enjoys it then that piece of music has justified its existence. did i see some serious technical flaws in that mash-up? absolutely. but 1,500 people jumping up and down screaming about it can't be wrong either. so was it a good track? - in the end the answer is yes.

Guest Philip

is it true he played mouth to mouth on the patio?!

yes he did. obviously im in a serious minority here but that track makes me wanna hurl! i really like the backround rythms/sounds but that long effect that makes that track is so annoying to me :P

Guest Major

from all the reviews that i have read and heard, the residents were just too good ..

From all the reviews? There is not one proper review written.