Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BANG! Preview

Guest Adam Singer

Guest Philip

so it is true that this will be Daft Punk's last performance...

wow. i was uner the impression they were trying to get big again with that last video.

i guess they go out with a BANG?

I still shake my head with dismay when I see their flyers and posts.. I don't understand who the fuck is going to shell out 92 bucks for this crap...

You could have seen:

Dave Matthews + Eric Clapton for 92 bucks

or

Clapton and GNR for 92 bucks

The people who would go to a festival were 5 years old when Duran Duran was big, why did anyone think this was a good idea? I had a kid at my work ask me who the Clash were and who Van Halen are, this is the target crowd, but they booked acts for our parents????

Duran Duran according to Wiki was big in 1983! I was 6 years old!

They are not good in concert, if you say the VH1 classic concert, good tunes, but a bit boring.

Maybe next year, it will be the Bee Gees with the opening band being Reo Speedwagon!

I still shake my head with dismay when I see their flyers and posts.. I don't understand who the fuck is going to shell out 92 bucks for this crap...

You could have seen:

or

The people who would go to a festival were 5 years old when Duran Duran was big, why did anyone think this was a good idea? I had a kid at my work ask me who the Clash were and who Van Halen are, this is the target crowd, but they booked acts for our parents????

They are not good in concert, if you say the VH1 classic concert, good tunes, but a bit boring.

Maybe next year, it will be the Bee Gees with the opening band being Reo Speedwagon!

Bee Gees rock. or at least whats left of em :'(

Guest Marina22

If it's really Daft Punk's last performance I'd like to go but the tickets.. >:( As far as the Bee Gees and Reo Speedwagon, that's super weak Saleen, no wonder.. ::)

Guest pod

Bee Gees are super weak? Show some respect. ;) If it wasn't for the Bee Gees, a lot of the foundations of modern dance music would not have been laid or popularized.

Like it or not, disco is the oft-ignored grandfather of modern dance music styles. Most people don't want to acknowledge that though.

Let's put it this way, if this was 1976 or so, we'd all be hanging out at Club XYZ, drinking Stoli since the Goose or the other "premium" vodkas haven't made it out yet, and most likely dancing to the likes of the Bee Gees, Earth, Wind, and Fire, Taana Gardner, Jocelyn Brown, and funny records labeled as "A Tom Moulton Production".

You could have seen:

or

dude.. u really are getting too old.. who in the hell listens to reo speedwagon? stop hating.. and support the scene.. if not, then stop posting on these forums. every post u make is of YOU hating the scene here in Miami.. if i hated something that much i would just say fuck it.. instead you just keep on with your bullshit comments. yea.. the scene is so fucking dead but every club i goto on any given night is jammed packed with "dumbasses" spending money, dancing, tossing bottles, and throwing napkens... doesnt make any sense saleen... give it up and retire already k.

Guest Marina22

Bee Gees are super weak? Show some respect. ;) If it wasn't for the Bee Gees, a lot of the foundations of modern dance music would not have been laid or popularized.

Like it or not, disco is the oft-ignored grandfather of modern dance music styles. Most people don't want to acknowledge that though.

Let's put it this way, if this was 1976 or so, we'd all be hanging out at Club XYZ, drinking Stoli since the Goose or the other "premium" vodkas haven't made it out yet, and most likely dancing to the likes of the Bee Gees, Earth, Wind, and Fire, Taana Gardner, Jocelyn Brown, and funny records labeled as "A Tom Moulton Production".

I have heard this so many times and know this so puhlease I don't really need a history lecture about it. I understand that dance music has an influence from disco but it's not the only kind of music just one of the roots. I'm not going to say I like something if I don't just because it helped shaped dance music today. For example, I don't prefer to listen or go out for 80s music but I do like and appreciate alot of it and enjoy it even more when mixed into a track. Not sure what year it was but remember the hippies out in California for the disco rally? "Disco sucks, disco sucks.." :P

Guest ddg

You could have seen:

or

wrong on duran duran not being good in concert..they were awesome last time at office depot... ;)

Guest pod

Well, that was a bunch of uneducated rednecks actually in Chicago for Disco Sucks Night at Comiskey Park.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disco_Sucks

I'm not saying that anyone has to like disco, but to out and out say it sucks then hit the dancefloor for a Bob Sinclar track reeks of hypocrisy.

I don't listen to disco on a regular basis, but I'll be the first to admit to not bitching if an old disco track is on the radio or something.

Kind of reminds me of the usual suspects going off about techno or whatever, then bashing trance, when the odd thing is, you could have found some of them seven years ago on the dancefloor of Shadow Lounge for GA or The Mix for Padilla.

Guest AlanS

^ the audio from that rally was actually worked into a track a few years back. Pretty good track too, I think its on one of Lawler's comps, don't recall the producer right now. Have it on vinyl somewhere.

Guest Marina22

Ha ha pod, I can just picture you listening and bopping along to "Dancing Queen" or Gloria Gaynor. :P Again, I don't have to like much of the music to understand that it birthed dance music. Yes, I like Bob Sinclar but again the music's not the same even with disco's influence, it's much better. For the record, I like all genres of dance music though some more than others. I appreciate them all for their unique sound and hope to enjoy them all till the day I die just like classical music. ;D

Guest Marina22

^ the audio from that rally was actually worked into a track a few years back. Pretty good track too, I think its on one of Lawler's comps, don't recall the producer right now. Have it on vinyl somewhere.

Yes, that's the one that I was thinking of, it's great. ;)

Guest pod

Take most of Bob's tracks down to their basic structures, and it's a disco tune with a heavier beat. Same song structure through and through. You could take a clubgoer from Studio 54 into the DeLorean and bring him here, and he'd feel right at home with a lot of tracks being played these days.