Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cafeteria South Beach in Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection

Guest endymion

Guest swank

I heard that they were trying to hang on until season started up again...

Guess they didn't make it. Maybe it's cuz the attitude and service SUCKS!

yup I said it!

no disrespect to any promoters who hold parties there but I've given that place more chances than it deserves.

I don't know what they have to be so high and mighty about, but they might want to re-think their strategy for the next time around.

Guest ramon

i would change a few things in the lounge but otherwise that back room is amazing .. great sound and i've always had a great time when i've been there from 'in' wednesdays , to connected to alter ego to wmc.

Guest Tru1

Chapter 11 protects you from your creditors. If a business is hurting, it buys time for them to make money, keep their doors open, etc.

i remember i was there for dinner 18 months ago or so.. waited about 60 mins for a burger.. waiter basically told me to leave without paying the bill and that he was sorry.

talk about bad management.. when your own staff are telling customers to just leave without paying the bill or giving them a tip.

i slipped him 20 bucks for the effort..

good looking spot though :-\

the lounge is fantastic. ive had some really piss-poor service as far as the restaurant goes though.

eaten there a few times. overpriced and didnt like the food. but the lounge kicks ass. love the spot. sound system. setup everything.......

Guest Electric Eel

Its a cool place, all the times i've been there to party have been great, the promoters rock but can't say the same about the management.

Halloween 2005 we were there, a few of us arrived early and had dinner and then we were hanging around having drinks as more of our friends joined us. There were empty tables around us so we would grab some extra seats. Then the owner had the nerve to come up to us and tell us that we needed to put some seats back because there had to be 2 seats at every table, mind you most of the tables were empty. Our bill was definitely over $300 at this point and as soon as she said that we closed our bill and went somewhere else to spend our money. I haven't been back to eat there since then and sounds like im not the only one!

Guest slamminshaun

Chapter 11 means reorganization, not liquidation. They aren't necessarily closing.

Exactly, some of you act like they're going away. Do you know how many Fortune 500 companies have filed BK-11?

Guest swank

Chapter 11 means reorganization' date=' not liquidation. They aren't necessarily closing.

[/quote']

Exactly, some of you act like they're going away. Do you know how many Fortune 500 companies have filed BK-11?

well they had better "re-organise" cuz they're not even a Fortune 15 Company in my books. If you do the right things...your business for the most part should be succesful. It's when you let your sucess go to your head and forget that there is always someone waiting in the wings to take your customers that things go Chap 11 for ya!

I've been to all types of restaurants around the world...from huts on the side of the road to 6 star mega elite venues and seriously...I really can't think of many in the Caf category that have had as bad service as they have.

Seems like this thread might attract a few others who might voice their opinion....and please notice that no one is really bashing but merely voicing their opinion.

Guest slamminshaun

I've been to all types of restaurants around the world...from huts on the side of the road to 6 star mega elite venues and seriously...I really can't think of many in the Caf category that have had as bad service as they have.

Miami has the worst restaurant/bar service I have ever experienced. I've eaten at several places down there, and one thing is constant....the wait staff treat you like you owe them a living. Small, big, corporate, family-owned...makes no difference. 90% of Miami restaurants would be filing BK-11 if they were located anywhere else just because nobody would tolerate such lousy service.

Guest coach

I heard that they were trying to hang on until season started up again...

Guess they didn't make it. Maybe it's cuz the attitude and service SUCKS!

yup I said it!

no disrespect to any promoters who hold parties there but I've given that place more chances than it deserves.

I don't know what they have to be so high and mighty about, but they might want to re-think their strategy for the next time around.

I'll agree with that. No matter how many rave reviews they paid for, *every* time we went there, the food was mediocre, the prices are out of line, and the service is abysmal.

The parties in the back, on the other hand, have been generally quite fun. And the bartenders, all the ones we've had, have been great.

Guest Sela V

Had brunch there one Sunday and accidentally set off the fire alarm when I was looking for the facilities. I let the manager know what happened (he was not very pleased), and proceeded to close my bill. As I escaped along Lincoln Road, I could hear the sound of fire engines approaching....

Guest swank

Had brunch there one Sunday and accidentally set off the fire alarm when I was looking for the facilities. I let the manager know what happened (he was not very pleased), and proceeded to close my bill. As I escaped along Lincoln Road, I could hear the sound of fire engines approaching....

ahhhh! YOU-Di ENT? LOL

"al caido ... caerle!"

i love the place

from the very first time i was there when the "in" party was happening on wednesdays ... never had a problem, remember the breakfast club people ?

the food is good, the prices are decent (especially when compared to other restaurants there on lincoln rd) never had a problem with the service or the management

i hope the place stays open for a long time ...

:)

Guest Satan

best mac and cheese.......ever.

on that note, worst mojito....ever, too.

whatever. i like the place.

oh yeah, and

bring back those egg-shaped chairs or tell me where they went so i can grab a couple, ;D would look great in my house

Guest lulamishka

Its a cool place, all the times i've been there to party have been great, the promoters rock but can't say the same about the management.

Halloween 2005 we were there, a few of us arrived early and had dinner and then we were hanging around having drinks as more of our friends joined us. There were empty tables around us so we would grab some extra seats. Then the owner had the nerve to come up to us and tell us that we needed to put some seats back because there had to be 2 seats at every table, mind you most of the tables were empty. Our bill was definitely over $300 at this point and as soon as she said that we closed our bill and went somewhere else to spend our money. I haven't been back to eat there since then and sounds like im not the only one!

Yea, that dining experience left a sour taste in my mouth. Although, I'll admit, I have been back once to eat there since that incident.

I like the parties there. I used to love our Breakfast Club meetings there after the 'In' parties (eggs benedict ftw). But that female owner needs an attitude readjustment!