Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Having new A/C unit installed....

Guest swirlundergrounder

That's why you should do it later in December or in January and have them start before the sun comes up.

Guest RzO

well lemme tell u whats worse C, i closed on my condo last week, and moved in...this sat morn at about 5 am or so my water heater exploded causing water to gush all in my brand new condo, hallways, room, closet, luckily i was there to shut it off and my place didnt get ruined. i did though have to have emergency plumber and water extraction service come immediately to get the water out and give me a new water heater, $1400 later, everything is cool...i guess its my welcoming to the world of owning my own place...although i did go to the condo association and told them, apparently in my contract if any of the major appliances break within the first 30 days, they have to pay for them, so they will reimburse me, which makes it not so bad since i now have a brand new wh with a 7 yr warranty

Guest pod

Too bad you can't test-drive a house like you can a car. First and only car I bought I scared the shit out of the dealer. I told him since it was a used beater, I wanted to see how it really stood up.

I guess the equivalent would have been to run the water heater at 120% for twelve hours and see if it breaks.

They do shit like that in the military.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Too bad you can't test-drive a house like you can a car.

Yep owning a home is a constant project. I practically live at Home Depot the past 4 months. There's always something to do especially when you buy a 40 year old house with a yard and a pool.

It's a lot more work than I thought. But the rewards of fixing something and making it your own out weighs all the B.S when it go's right.

But yeah about wishing to test drive a home. Once you close on the deal that's it. There's no returning the house. It's all on you!

You can get as many home inspectors to look at the house prior to buying it but they will all always miss something during the inspection process that you will have to deal with later...

Guest pod

Oh totally. Parents just got a new place last year. Nothing major as of yet, but random little things that crept up that the inspectors missed. Similar deal I think to you, 40 year old house.

Guest RzO

Yep owning a home is a constant project. I practically live at Home Depot the past 4 months. There's always something to do especially when you buy a 40 year old house with a yard and a pool.

It's a lot more work than I thought. But the rewards of fixing something and making it your own out weighs all the B.S when it go's right.

But yeah about wishing to test drive a home. Once you close on the deal that's it. There's no returning the house. It's all on you!

You can get as many home inspectors to look at the house prior to buying it but they will all always miss something during the inspection process that you will have to deal with later...

tell me abotu it, i paid 250 on my own for an inspector, just for peace of mind....of course, he did it and everything was A OK, never the less, freakin water heater blows 6 days after i move in ffs, oh well liek my folks said, get used to that type of shit, its bound to happen :P

tell me abotu it, i paid 250 on my own for an inspector, just for peace of mind....of course, he did it and everything was A OK, never the less, freakin water heater blows 6 days after i move in ffs, oh well liek my folks said, get used to that type of shit, its bound to happen :P

so where did u move to bro

Guest RzO

still in palm beach, but in dope lil spot called the villages of PB

awesome, im down here in pompano over by a1a & atlantic blvd

Guest Electric Eel

awesome, im down here in pompano over by a1a & atlantic blvd

I'll be down in that area alot at the beginning of the year when I start working on one of my projects. I'm sure you see the building going up called Oceanside

have you seen the ghost yet???

Guest swirlundergrounder

Oh totally. Parents just got a new place last year. Nothing major as of yet, but random little things that crept up that the inspectors missed. Similar deal I think to you, 40 year old house.

Yeah. You only have so much time to actually look at a house when someone else is living there still before you buy it. You may have a little more time to look at a house in finer detail if it's vacant but not much more time since you are with a realtor.

Crazy how you make one of the biggest purchases of your life and you probably only spend a combined 30 minutes between a couple of visits to make a decision on it based on what you can see.

Luckily we had the money to buy the house and remodel it the way we want to prior to moving in with exception to the kitchen which we're going to do in the late winter.

The more time you spend at your own home the mroe you like it and you also find more things that you hate about it that you want to fix right away.

Thank god for Home Depot being just 2 miles away...

;D

Guest RzO

have you seen the ghost yet???

i dont believe in ghosts ryan...lol