Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is BANG a BUST???

Guest sobe2004

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest armand1210

Sure seems like it . . . heard presales have been weak . . .

It's a total bust...of all previous sales records that is ! ;D

Guest spinderella7713

I, of course, cant wait to go this sat, and I think Saleen has it all wrong about the line up,.....the line up is sick...BUT i think the tix prices are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to high. Most miami cluber/industry are procrastinators $35 tix were like 2 mos ago......Im not that ahead of the game with my music festivals.

Guest BreakerOneNine

I would pay $75 for Daft Punk alone...I dont think the price is that unreasonable...concert prices for one band arent that far from $75.

Guest coach

Yeah, if you compare them to concert prices, they don't do bad. I saw all the preporations going up for it tonight. Looks cool.

Guest xbbdc

I, of course, cant wait to go this sat, and I think Saleen has it all wrong about the line up,.....the line up is sick...BUT i think the tix prices are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to high. Most miami cluber/industry are procrastinators $35 tix were like 2 mos ago......Im not that ahead of the game with my music festivals.

$35 ? on the website the cheapest was like 45 plus like 5 dollars tax and 8 dollars "convenience" charge plus 10 dollars shipping.. it came out to at least $60 from the start.

i just hate how they do the alcohol at these festivals... wait in line to buy drink tickets.. then wait in a huge line to order the drink... i spend half my time waiting in line buying drinks.. and yes.. i am an alcoholic.

Guest spinderella7713

$35 ? on the website the cheapest was like 45 plus like 5 dollars tax and 8 dollars "convenience" charge plus 10 dollars shipping.. it came out to at least $60 from the start.

they started at 35 months ago sold out in 2 days

Guest LiquidX

they started at 35 months ago sold out in 2 days

it was 45

Guest Devilicious

i just hate how they do the alcohol at these festivals... wait in line to buy drink tickets.. then wait in a huge line to order the drink... i spend half my time waiting in line buying drinks.. and yes.. i am an alcoholic.

Last year the lines were short and the beer was cheap... 3 or 5 bux apiece

Guest Marina22

Looks like I'm going afterall. ;D Just getting my ticket online so I can put it on my credit card since it's $90 anyway at Karma Records in Fort Lauderdale. The line-up is great just going to get there early and enjoy this beautiful weather. 8)

Guest coach

Last year the lines were short and the beer was cheap... 3 or 5 bux apiece

You need to go.

Guest sobe2004

Sure seems like it . . . heard presales have been weak . . .

cj already has a club legend.

lmao...

I am no legend . . . but looks like I was right . . .

Taken from the DIRT:

OUT WITH A BANG?

ravers-4.gif

"Good thing our tickets were free, because we spent all our money on glowsticks!"

We're hearing rumors that despite the number of talented acts secured like Tiesto and Duran Duran, Bang was a financial bust... Word is that while many of the VIP tables remained empty, the line for "comp" tickets snaked around the block, making many Bang-goers wonder how the organizers could have made their money back. From the looks of it, maybe Cee-lo from Gnarls Barkley was paid in corndogs and funnel cake.

Guest coach

These festivals need to stop wasting money on VIP setups. Everybody knows that you cannot see nor hear anything from the VIP areas. You can't put them close enough to the stage to make them worthwhile.

Guest planbrad

These festivals need to stop wasting money on VIP setups. Everybody knows that you cannot see nor hear anything from the VIP areas. You can't put them close enough to the stage to make them worthwhile.

The VIP's were in between stages so you would hear both while you were there. I would never buy VIP for any of these festivals. I don't think they could of dragged people in there for free.

Guest spacecadet

The VIP's were in between stages so you would hear both while you were there. I would never buy VIP for any of these festivals. I don't think they could of dragged people in there for free.

bet they will make more money if they charge a smaller fee just to sit down and have a bigger bar there and have a nicer porta potty like the have at nikki for the radio 1 party every guy with a girl would probaly going to have to pay for the bathroom

Guest Cosmigonon

VIP'a are more for the comfort and the socializing while having a live band playing background music. Personally I enjoyed them.

Guest vaughan

VIP'a are more for the comfort and the socializing while having a live band playing background music. Personally I enjoyed them.

Personally I did too... And btw, we were as close, if not closer than 90% of everyone else cramming in there to see the bands... and with NO ONE pushing me... and I could have done the windmill without hitting anyone... The bathrooms were actual bathrooms with sinks and wood floors... and soap.. .and paper towels... oh yeah... and they flushed... aAAAAnnnd... we the bars had no lines and there was seating that didn't require Tide to get grass stains out. ALL of the tables (that I saw) were sold out, so from a financial stand-point, that was a VERY smart move on there part. It's what seperates a "kiddie" festival" to a more attractive event for people of all ages and backgrounds.

Personally... going VIP at Coachella was the best thing ever... and it's not about "being vip", it's about working my ass off to save a couple extra bucks and then spend it to feel comfortable at an all-day event like that. Shade, comfort, drinks, clean shitters... worth every penny!