Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is BANG a BUST???

Guest sobe2004

Guest coach

Which VIP area were you at Vaughan? The only one that looked appealing was the one at the trance stage. Though it was pretty far back, too. The one at the main live stage was okay, too, but also pretty far back.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deprivation

These festivals need to stop wasting money on VIP setups. Everybody knows that you cannot see nor hear anything from the VIP areas. You can't put them close enough to the stage to make them worthwhile.

VIP'a are more for the comfort and the socializing while having a live band playing background music. Personally I enjoyed them.

Personally I did too... And btw, we were as close, if not closer than 90% of everyone else cramming in there to see the bands... and with NO ONE pushing me... and I could have done the windmill without hitting anyone... The bathrooms were actual bathrooms with sinks and wood floors... and soap.. .and paper towels... oh yeah... and they flushed... aAAAAnnnd... we the bars had no lines and there was seating that didn't require Tide to get grass stains out. ALL of the tables (that I saw) were sold out, so from a financial stand-point, that was a VERY smart move on there part. It's what seperates a "kiddie" festival" to a more attractive event for people of all ages and backgrounds.

Personally... going VIP at Coachella was the best thing ever... and it's not about "being vip", it's about working my ass off to save a couple extra bucks and then spend it to feel comfortable at an all-day event like that. Shade, comfort, drinks, clean shitters... worth every penny!

Totally agree. No or small lines for bathroom and drinks was great. Especially the part about getting real bathrooms. The VIP at the House stage wasn't so good, but the trance one was good.

One complaint though is that you had to buy a bottle or upgrade to hang out near the bar. There was like a VIP area in the VIP area.

Guest Cosmigonon

These festivals need to stop wasting money on VIP setups. Everybody knows that you cannot see nor hear anything from the VIP areas. You can't put them close enough to the stage to make them worthwhile.

VIP'a are more for the comfort and the socializing while having a live band playing background music. Personally I enjoyed them.

Personally I did too... And btw, we were as close, if not closer than 90% of everyone else cramming in there to see the bands... and with NO ONE pushing me... and I could have done the windmill without hitting anyone... The bathrooms were actual bathrooms with sinks and wood floors... and soap.. .and paper towels... oh yeah... and they flushed... aAAAAnnnd... we the bars had no lines and there was seating that didn't require Tide to get grass stains out. ALL of the tables (that I saw) were sold out, so from a financial stand-point, that was a VERY smart move on there part. It's what seperates a "kiddie" festival" to a more attractive event for people of all ages and backgrounds.

Personally... going VIP at Coachella was the best thing ever... and it's not about "being vip", it's about working my ass off to save a couple extra bucks and then spend it to feel comfortable at an all-day event like that. Shade, comfort, drinks, clean shitters... worth every penny!

Totally agree. No or small lines for bathroom and drinks was great. Especially the part about getting real bathrooms. The VIP at the House stage wasn't so good, but the trance one was good.

One complaint though is that you had to buy a bottle or upgrade to hang out near the bar. There was like a VIP area in the VIP area.

LOL, that was true there,was a VIP inside the VIP, but IMO, that Duran Duran VIP was the best one, bathrooms with AC, the beds, etc...

Guest coach

Hmmm... so maybe you have convinced me. From the outside, they looked really lame. They also looked really empty for the majority of the day. Did you have to pick just one or could you go in any of them?

Guest vaughan

Hmmm... so maybe you have convinced me. From the outside, they looked really lame. They also looked really empty for the majority of the day. Did you have to pick just one or could you go in any of them?

We were in the Duran Duran... and any VIP could get in there, but only the ones that bought the "DURAN-DURAN VIP" package could get up in the uber-comfy area. The area went RIGHt up to the stage too... was off to the left side, but went ALLLL the way to the front!

Guest Marina22

I wasn't there long enough to notice all the VIP areas. When we walked in, we went straight to Thievery Corp. to meet our friends. Then we walked around this fence to get to the top of a hill where there were bean bags and they said that that was VIP. Not sure if it was or wasn't but I don't really sit at a festival and if I do I don't mind sitting on the grass for a bit. Regardless, if it was VIP, we walked right up there but it was past 8pm at this point.

Guest coach

personally, i left and went back..i didnt like it too much.

:P

boring

You just were hanging with the wrong crowd!

I can't believe how many CJers were there that we did NOT see. I mean, we were all over the place and saw something like 2 people we know.

Guest Cosmigonon

I can't believe how many CJers were there that we did NOT see. I mean, we were all over the place and saw something like 2 people we know.

that would be me and somebody else... :P

Guest Marina22

Yes, like in any business you have to work out the kinks before having success. I wonder how successful Ultra was it's first couple of years? :-\

Guest spacecadet

Yes, like in any business you have to work out the kinks before having success. I wonder how successful Ultra was it's first couple of years? :-\

Dont know but the first 2 ultras where the best ultras nothing better than having the festival in bathing suits

Booking Duran Duran and Gnarls Barkley and Daft Punk are not "kinks" they are a sign of incompetence, plain and simple. UMF looks to be suffer the same fate as last year, and if they don't merge with GG, look for GG to try and throw a wrench in their plans.

Bang is ran by a rich kid wanna be business man, he's a kid who is lost, no idea what he is doing, they will never make money, they are too stupid.

Guest Mattivi

pretty successful considering they laid the foundation and are on #9. :P im willing to bet the first 5 UMF were probably the most profitable, it hasnt been that good since.

Guest swank

pretty successful considering they laid the foundation and are on #9. :P im willing to bet the first 5 UMF were probably the most profitable, it hasnt been that good since.

People are going to "bust" when this year's talent is released! You heard it here first ;)

Guest Marina22

People are going to "bust" when this year's talent is released! You heard it here first ;)

Really, that's awesome since I thought this year's line-up was the best yet, better than that is phenomenal. :o It will also be better since I will be there for more than four hours and won't do that will call bullshit again. ::)

Guest Michael James

I'm guessing who-ever started this forum isn't feeling so smart anymore...

presale ended up being 16,000...

turnout was around 26,000 paid.....

and if you went...

YOU KNOW IT WASNT A BUST!

Guest hiram

and if you went...

where is this info comming from

Guest Michael James

and if you went...

where is this info comming from

people who were directly involved...

It just amazes me how all festivals, nightclubs, etc are LOSING tons of money according to Barbarino... but they just keep coming back the next year... and building more and more.. and staying open longer and longer. Must be some poor ass club owners all over South Florida.

Guest Michael James

It just amazes me how all festivals, nightclubs, etc are LOSING tons of money according to Barbarino... but they just keep coming back the next year... and building more and more.. and staying open longer and longer. Must be some poor ass club owners all over South Florida.

Dont know much about Barbarino....I do know that last year bang lost major money....to be expected with a first annual...

This year however....they did not loose!

Plus, this festival could loose every year and it would still come back if the creator wishes to....He's maaaaaaad rich and could throw these parties till the end of time without ever feeling it in his pocket book.