Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is BANG a BUST???

Guest sobe2004

Guest hiram

It just amazes me how all festivals, nightclubs, etc are LOSING tons of money according to Barbarino... but they just keep coming back the next year... and building more and more.. and staying open longer and longer. Must be some poor ass club owners all over South Florida.

according to barbarino miami nightlife will be nonexistant in the comming 2 or 3 years. hes got nothing better to do than diss the festivals and bitch about how every club is losing money

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Michael James

It just amazes me how all festivals, nightclubs, etc are LOSING tons of money according to Barbarino... but they just keep coming back the next year... and building more and more.. and staying open longer and longer. Must be some poor ass club owners all over South Florida.

according to barbarino miami nightlife will be nonexistant in the comming 2 or 3 years. hes got nothing better to do than diss the festivals and bitch about how every club is losing money

Sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about...

Guest pod

Barbarino has been right in the past. Wrong too. Either way he has owned up to it. Not to play devil's advocate here, but sometimes the posts I read in regards to the scene seem to come from Bizarro World.

Guest Michael James

^^most think hes full of it =)

Have to wonder though....

Danny Tsettos is a big dj......is that him or somebody bull shitting..

I have to assume that there is some sort of connection.... and with that, he probably knows some of what he's talking about...

I think its more about were this person is from (NYC) and were they like to bash (MIA)......I've heard alot od Miami bashin from NYC. Funny how I always run into NY cats when I'm walkin SB streets.

Guest Marina22

Dont know much about Barbarino....I do know that last year bang lost major money....to be expected with a first annual...

This year however....they did not loose!

Plus, this festival could loose every year and it would still come back if the creator wishes to....He's maaaaaaad rich and could throw these parties till the end of time without ever feeling it in his pocket book.

I would assume you would have to be pretty well off to throw a festival of this caliber of talent and large size. It's no Ultra or GG but that's what attracted us to the festival to begin with last year. It's not as crowded as the aforementioned ones and it's still a variety of quality music that we don't enjoy here as often. 8) The only thing that changed this year was the increase in ticket prices and the addition of trance.

Guest coach

^^most think hes full of it =)

Have to wonder though....

Danny Tsettos is a big dj......is that him or somebody bull shitting..

I have to assume that there is some sort of connection.... and with that, he probably knows some of what he's talking about...

I think its more about were this person is from (NYC) and were they like to bash (MIA)......I've heard alot od Miami bashin from NYC. Funny how I always run into NY cats when I'm walkin SB streets.

I hear ya about NYC people, but Barbarino is from NJ, though he's been in SoFla quite a long time. And he IS Tsettos' manager/booker.

Guest hiram

Dont know much about Barbarino....I do know that last year bang lost major money....to be expected with a first annual...

This year however....they did not loose!

Plus, this festival could loose every year and it would still come back if the creator wishes to....He's maaaaaaad rich and could throw these parties till the end of time without ever feeling it in his pocket book.

I would assume you would have to be pretty well off to throw a festival of this caliber of talent and large size. It's no Ultra or GG but that's what attracted us to the festival to begin with last year. It's not as crowded as the aforementioned ones and it's still a variety of quality music that we don't enjoy here as often. 8) The only thing that changed this year was the increase in ticket prices and the addition of trance.

maybe there was alot of trance which is good for us tranceheads but this festival brought in the trance acts that ultra/GG didnt.

Guest slamminshaun

The following is not my words....reposted from Brian UMF (Myspace)

Where was everyone?! Like 2/3 of the expected crowd didn't show...

Maybe because it was veterans day...... :)

Maybe because of terrorism..... :)

Maybe the stars and moon were not lined up correctly.... ;)

Maybe due to lack of street promotions!

We'll never know...

Gnarls Barkley fighting for a little crowd participation, Modest Mouse sounded like a cd skipping in the middle of their "live" show. The power going out for the vendors who paid top dollar for their booths. If you saw Daft Punk in Coachella, you wouldve noticed the lack of visual screens at the Daft Punk stage. If you weren't close, you wouldve never seen Daft Punk inside the Pyramid... Pretty sad to have such an amazing act and not have them on visual screens.... People even left Duran Duran dissapointed...

My highlight was Thievery Corporation. It was a pleasure to finally see them in person. If you don't know who they are and you like trip hop/ world/ dub/ reggae etc... check them out!!

It was very nice to bump into 1000 of myspace friends. If you got good pics of the show or you have some of your own feedback, Drop me a comment...

ez,

B

Guest coach

I'd consider that a biased review considering he works for Ultra.

I was thinking the same thing. His bosses need to kick him in the nards. Talking smack about the competition is stupid

Guest vaughan

It's called sponsor money... and for every BUST there is 10 more whales that you could convince todrop loot and invest in this.

last year there was almost NO corporate presence. This year had logos all over it! IF they were smart, their "break-even" was WAY different then the real bottom line break-even.

Food Sales... Merchandising... Sponsor money...

Don't you people have anything better to do.... Start your own damn festival and do ANYTHING to support your scene other than be hungover and post negative crap on message-boards. I applaud all of these people for doing these events. IF they lose money, they lose money... did you have fun? Yes = Return next year if they have it... IF NO= stay home... I'm sure Cooljunkie will be here and inbetween re-runs of Star Trek you'll find time to bash it!

Guest swank

It's called sponsor money... and for every BUST there is 10 more whales that you could convince todrop loot and invest in this.

last year there was almost NO corporate presence. This year had logos all over it! IF they were smart, their "break-even" was WAY different then the real bottom line break-even.

Don't you people have anything better to do.... Start your own damn festival and do ANYTHING to support your scene other than be hungover and post negative crap on message-boards. I applaud all of these people for doing these events. IF they lose money, they lose money... did you have fun? Yes = Return next year if they have it... IF NO= stay home... I'm sure Cooljunkie will be here and inbetween re-runs of Star Trek you'll find time to bash it!

EGG-FRIGGIN-ZACTLY!

I'm so tired of people counting other people's money. Shit if the owner of "Bang" is a rich dude...then thank him for throwing a party for you. ::)

Vaughan...Star Trek bwahahaha....that and waiting in line for Playstation III. ;D

Guest Michael James

Booking Duran Duran and Gnarls Barkley and Daft Punk are not "kinks" they are a sign of incompetence, plain and simple. UMF looks to be suffer the same fate as last year, and if they don't merge with GG, look for GG to try and throw a wrench in their plans.

Bang is ran by a rich kid wanna be business man, he's a kid who is lost, no idea what he is doing, they will never make money, they are too stupid.

whoooah......didn't see this in the beginning...

ya, you definetly dont know shit!

thats all I'm goona say.

Guest Cosmigonon

EGG-FRIGGIN-ZACTLY!

I'm so tired of people counting other people's money. Shit if the owner of "Bang" is a rich dude...then thank him for throwing a party for you. ::)

Vaughan...Star Trek bwahahaha....that and waiting in line for XBox III. ;D

Amen brotha. I looooooooved Bang, if he wants to throw it every year, more power to him... :)