Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What MP3 player do you use?

Guest sobe2004

Guest sobe2004

My MP3 player died . . . does anyone have any recomendations as I need to buy a new one . . .

I am split between a Creative Labs 30GB Black Zen Vision or Ipod . . .

This is just going to be for personal use . . . Thanks for your help!

Guest pod

I used to have an Archos AV140 for about 4 years. It cost a fortune new, but it was light years ahead of the pack at the time.

Archos makes devices that are cutting edge. If you want the latest and greatest features, go Archos. Also, they play most audio formats, and aren't DRM crippled. The host OS treats it as a removable hard drive, and you just throw your files on it. Most of the newer ones run Linux and can be modified and hacked, too.

However, I got the iPod due to it's size and convenience factor. I needed something right away, and the Apple store was right up the street. Archos devices are monsters. What Apple does is waits for the vendors to shrink their components, and then include it in the standard iPod factor. iPods would undoubtedly have Bluetooth or Wi-Fi if it could be effectively fit into the form.

Guest pod

I'll 100% agree with you. iTunes is so backasswards. Drag n Drop is so easy.

What it comes from is the way iPods handle their library. There's a little database file that controls all that stuff, so drag n drop becomes an issue.

However, you can do www.ipodlinux.org and get drag n drop functionality, and even dual-boot as well.

Guest sobe2004

Archos Gmini 402 camcorder 20 gig. love it. i reufse to use Ipod, for i cant stand Itunes.

Do you have to use I tunes solely if you have an ipod . . . I used to have a Dell DJ and liked it alot before it recently crashed . . .

Guest pod

There's ways around iTunes, from what I know. I haven't had my iPod that long but I'll research those options. There's iPod Linux, but I do think there's also third party hack software that runs under XP or OS X.

The iPod is great device, but however, Apple has a long way to go on iTunes.

Guest xmuzik

i use winamp on my computer & a sony in dash mp3 player in my truck , i got the sony for like $150 at wal-mart and it plays burned mp3 cds so i never bought a ipod

Guest Seb

There's ways around iTunes, from what I know. I haven't had my iPod that long but I'll research those options. There's iPod Linux, but I do think there's also third party hack software that runs under XP or OS X.

you can drag & drop with Itunes you just need to change the preferences to not automatically upload the library every time you connect. thats how I have mine set up

Guest LeVeL

I am disappointed in you Pod...your the one who got me into Archos and to see you turn your back on the product by getting a lame Ipod is a letdown.

With an Archos you get a slim, wireless wide screen Portable Multimedia Player featuring WiFi and touch screen, it can do anything an Ipod does plus 40 times better. People who have IPods are still in the stone age.

fam_archos604wifi.jpg

Guest ramon

Can someone help me with my itunes question, if I ripped a real cd to itunes why can't I reburn it as a mp3 cd???

I want to take my 3 disc DMB comp and burn 3 discs into one.

because it may be bigger than what fits on a cd? is it more than 700MB worth of data?

I bought my mp3 playa over a year ago on ebay.

I thought about the shuffle but just couldn't justify the price for almost no features and screen when comparing it to its competitors.

The one I have is called a VL player, they make new ones now that look just like the Ipod videos but w/out the cost.

The one I have comes w/ FM presets so if you get tired of listening to your songs/sets you can switch to the FM/AM stations.

Also comes w/ an equalizer, 10 preset equalizer, screen that shows the name of song being played, and a bunch of other things i never use.

this is a similar pic the one i have is silver

hfgska0sf1q_tn.jpg

I got mine for about 40 bucks shipped.

I would personally go w/ something bigger maybe another 1 GB and something that is as compact as possible for the gym.

ze7.jpg

That's theiw new 2gb video 1.8lcd screen, weighs bout the same as the one I have, I like the buttoms on them, its just like an ipod buttoms, easier to search n scroll.

this is another model w/ built in speakers and 2 connections for earphones, that's pretty neat incase u got your girl or a friend w/ you and you get tired of saying "hey listen to this song!" and u gotta take off your plugs lol - i know i've done that before.

f15.jpg

it's 50 bucks shipped seems like a great deal, since i got mine a year ago for 10 bucks less, havent had a problem with it either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2GB-1-8-LCD-MP3-MP4-Player-E-BOOK-Movie-FM-2G-Z07-02GD_W0QQitemZ110055073830QQihZ001QQcategoryZ73839QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Guest dahzel

i had posted the same thing about a year ago and decided on an ipod, reluctantly. i have been really surprised how good it has been to me. i spent 3 months at sea and had to constantly wipe out the salt from the connections and i still have had no problems. theres a lot of pro's and con's w/ itunes but overall i like it.

Guest ramon

Itunes says it can't burn the files since they are not in mp3 format, so when I rip a cd to itunes what formate is it ripped in?

ahh i understand now .. your default import is probably aac (m4a) , but you can't burn an mp3 cd with that and your car will not be able to read it.

go to edit/prefrences/advanced/import

and change the format to mp3 and whatever kbps you want.

128 min / 320 max