Clubplanet Nightlife Community

UFC 65 Bad Intentions

Guest Mattivi

Guest Mattivi

Matt Hughes vs Georges St-Pierre.

Was so looking forward to this fight. GSP DOMINATED. So surprised that this fight wasnt even close. Hughes is going to have to work his ass off to beat him in a rematch, but GSP's athletism is too much, i just cant c him losing. wow :o

Guest cire

UFC is good for those nights that you just want to get slammed with some friends...i had a blast watching it this past weekend with friends i had not seen in a while...GSP did kill Hughes though...

i think the one that happens right before NYE will be nice too...Tito against Liddell...anywho, to each his own...aside from pride fighting, what else can you watch on TV that people try to rip each other apart?

Guest JMT

i like UFC but im just a casual fan. i prefer boxing because there is more "poetry" to it. in boxing a 40 year-old can beat a 25 year-old if he wants it bad enough. its more of a strategical science.

that being said, i look forward to seeing that Tito vs. Liddell matchup.

Guest LeVeL

I been watcing UFC since the first PPV back in 93..I am a huge fan that follows the sport. In a UFC PPV you will get more for your buck than a Boxing fight, you get more fights in UFC that are more action packed and interesting.

In Boxing its all about the headliners, the fights leading up to the headliner usually suck and are meaningless which is why they are empty before the headline fight.

Eventually UFC will surpass boxing, already they are making more money out of PPV sales than Boxing.

But as far as the St. Pierre Vs. Hughes fight is concerned...St.Pieree definetely took it to Hughes. But St. Pierre had months and months of training leading up to this fight, Hughes only had 1 month to train or this fight, there will be a rematch.

I been watcing UFC since the first PPV back in 93..I am a huge fan that follows the sport. In a UFC PPV you will get more for your buck than a Boxing fight' date=' you get more fights in UFC that are more action packed and interesting.

In Boxing its all about the headliners, the fights leading up to the headliner usually suck and are meaningless which is why they are empty before the headline fight.

Eventually UFC will surpass boxing, already they are making more money out of PPV sales than Boxing.

But as far as the St. Pierre Vs. Hughes fight is concerned...St.Pieree definetely took it to Hughes. But St. Pierre had months and months of training leading up to this fight, Hughes only had 1 month to train or this fight, there will be a rematch.

[/quote']

No shot of it ever passing boxing, boxing is in a lull right now due to no fighters, but another tyson will come around and the sport will explode again..

Plus Rocky 6 is coming out!!!!!! :)

Guest JMT

there is a lot of action no doubt, but there is no "beauty" to the action, unlike boxing. its like comparing the original star wars to attack of the clones. more action doesnt always make it better.

UFC has its moments (and its as close to a real fight as possible), but there is nothing exciting about a fight that gets decided by a random lucky punch or a long wrestling match.

Guest LeVeL

UFC has its moments (and its as close to a real fight as possible), but there is nothing exciting about a fight that gets decided by a random lucky punch or a long wrestling match.

I rather a fight be decided in the ring then it being decided by crooked judges in the sport of boxing who get paid out by the promoters of the sport.

Boxing is a dead sport at the moment...the Mayweather/De La Hoya fight will be boxings last hoorah. Fans of boxing are moving on and getting into the UFC, Boxing has always had its crooked elements in it, its a sport supported by 2 promoters, Bob Arum and Don King, they are the ones who determine who fights who. The fans of boxing dont always get the fights they want. Due to them owning the rights of the fighters they contract.

As a long time Boxing Fan I am tired of watching so-par fights, tired of seeing fighters being cheated out of a win due to the others fighters popularity. A boxing fight should be determined by the performance in the ring.

Which is why..the UFC is better, its the best hand to hand combat sport in the world MMA is just that good and the popularity of the sport will continue growing.

Guest Mattivi

I been watcing UFC since the first PPV back in 93..I am a huge fan that follows the sport. In a UFC PPV you will get more for your buck than a Boxing fight, you get more fights in UFC that are more action packed and interesting.

No shot of it ever passing boxing, boxing is in a lull right now due to no fighters, but another tyson will come around and the sport will explode again..

Plus Rocky 6 is coming out!!!!!! :)

another point of u just continuing to live in the past. time to wake up were not in the 80s anymore. and looking forward to a movie with a washed up 60year actor as the main event is pretty pathetic. anyways, no one here is saying the ufc is greatest thing since the compact disc, but its enertaining and the talent gets better year after year.