Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why Roger Sanchez wasn't at Space? Find out here...

Guest Nov11Space

Guest Nov11Space

"Thanks to everyone for faithfully attending my performances worldwide. I feel it is my duty to address the confusion that took place in Miami last week regarding the Bang Festival After Party that had announced me to perform at Space on November 11. As many of you know, I performed at the BANG festival that day and had a great time. There was to be an after party to take place at Space and my performance would only be anounced AFTER my set at Bang.This to make sure it did not take away from my set at BANG but unfortunately that happened. I was informed that SPACE had started advertising the After Party as early as the Friday before the Bang Festival and throughout the Saturday, through flyers, emailers and even airplaned over Miami. This was totally contrary to our agreement and unfortunately proved to be un resolvable with SPACE. This dishonor of our agreement, left me no choice but to cancel the appearance, something that I have not done in all the years of my career. Eventhough we cancelled the appearance, The SPACE promoters were still advertising that I was scheduled to be there and even told their patrons that I would be playing. I am truly disappointed at the way this was handled by SPACE and I truly sympathize with my fans who showed up at there. We've had some magical moments on that Terrace, its a shame this had to go down like this. So, its great to be back home and I look forward to seeing you all in the near future."

Peace Out

S-Man

This was lifted from his Release Yourself forum. This is why he did not perform at Space.

I"m sure this was in his Bang contract thus he had to pull out. Sounds to me from the end of his letter that he's done with Space, so does this mean the Sman is now a Mansion Dj??

What makes no sense is the fact that this even occurred, it's almost like LP thought he could get away with it, now he may have lost another dj to mansion. It's just hard to believe LP would be so brazen and risk loosing Roger considering the state of the miami dj scene and crobar opening, almost sounds like desperation on Spaces part to make some money.

Guest dancefloored

not necessarily desperation on SPACE'S part to make money but a greedy fucking greaseball named LP !

that is so wrong

look at all the money that was brought to SPACE for last night party.

LP needs to be done JFK style!

Guest pod

not necessarily desperation on SPACE'S part to make money but a greedy fucking greaseball named LP !

that is so wrong

look at all the money that was brought to SPACE for last night party.

LP needs to be done JFK style!

Wow, harsh talk there huh?

I know, I know, I'm the "Space Attorney" (thanks Nelson!), but regardless of the club, a death threat is pretty harsh. Yes, I know I've threatened in the pass to hit people, but that's mere assault. Threatening to shoot someone kinda takes it to the next level. My questions:

A). Can you hit someone from 300 yards?

B). It's a DJ? There's terrorists loose in the Middle East and you wanna pull the trigger on an innocent American? I suggest you put your homicidal instincts in a more appropriate place. Blowing someone away over a DJ booking is hardly appropriate.

Disclaimer: I'm a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment. With that freedom comes responsibility. Threatening to blow someone away over a non-crime is a slap in the face of legitimate gun owners across the country.

I put up with a lot, but not death threats on this board. I'm keeping this thread alive in hopes of a public retraction.

Guest Michael James

Thanks for clearing that up Roger....

Atleast we got to kick it at Bang...

"this beats all over my body.....wooooo"

Best of Luck!

Guest Chica

shady shady business it doesnt surprise me coming from a club business, they all want ur money and I guess liying to us is not the limit of their desperation. SHIT I WANT MY MONEY BACK! lol ....that LP guy had to be cuban lol.

Im not a diehard Roger fan, i do however go see him when he's at space - it's always a good time, n lots of peeps aka hot chicks come out so it makes the party deff worth it.

I was there as well for long hours, i heard last minute that the guy was gonna spin, so he didnt spin, the main event was for og's marathon set n desyn in the patio - that's really why i had gonne to space for. To me roger was just an extra bonus which i thought it really wasnt necessary w/ OG in the main room till late morning n cedric, desyn, gba, and ivano in the terrace.

Personally it didnt break my heart besides how many times have we heard the man spin? :P

Guest dancefloored

never meant any harm. Just ticked when I hear someone done real dirty like Roger was.

US Canadians dont know how to use guns anyway 8)

Guest ezgoing74

With oscar and desyn was great. I would have market Roger they way the agree. people don't want to go home after an event like this. LP play a dirty game.

Guest LeVeL

I have mixed feelings for this because one, I went to Space that weekend for Desyn but what I didn't like was that we were all misinformed by the promoters @ Space about Roger making a special appearance when in reality, it never happened.

This is the same thing that happened a couple of months ago at the Made in Miami Party @ Mansion when emails were sent out saying that Pete Tong would perform when he never was set to be there. But atleast the guys @ Mansion came forward and apologized but the promoters @ Space have yet to come forward, people were definetely mislead by those emails and announcements.

A lot of people went out of their way to go to Space that night due to Roger and to be mislead is just wrong, the guys at Space need to get their act together, they cant be doing stuff like that.

Guest slamminshaun

Maybe the American Airlines Arena could advertise Kelly Clarkson, 50 Cent, and Madonna....and when everyone gets there send out William Hung.

Guest HouseJunkie

Maybe the American Airlines Arena could advertise Kelly Clarkson' date=' 50 Cent, and Madonna....and when everyone gets there send out William Hung.

[/quote']

Ha ha so who's William Hung, Oscar G?

Guest cire

:-X

i like the hung, idea...

she bang, she bang...the way she moves...sting like a bee!..LOLOLOLOLOLOL...

prime example of how to learn to just enjoy the nite, no matter who is playing ???

Guest dudeitzdiesel

lp actually was trying to make him dj at bang and dj at space for about an overall playing time of 12 hours....shit lp for that just tell him free 8 ball with it!!!!!!!!!! lol jk