Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clevelander Hotel-Rip Off-Tourist Beware!

Guest Sobe It

Guest Sobe It

'Everyday I'm Hustlin'

No truer words could have ever been spoken. Everyday in South Florida you're either hustlin or being hustled.

The latest hustle was at the Clevelander on Sobe.

I took a friend who was visiting from Boston to Sobe on Saturday. I insisted it wasn't really the season for it right now but he wanted to go anyway. Well just as I suspected, it was dead and that meant the hustle was on.

Clubs that normally would be packed, were pandering to everyone that walked by to get in. 'Come here guys, party with us, we got girls inside!' My response 'WTF! 'is this a club or a strip club!? 'Are you really that desperate to get people in the door!' Pathetic! The Marlin in particular comes to mind.

And the biggest hustle of the night happened @ the Clevelander. Jager shots for $10 each!? Ridiculous!

Anyway, tourists beware it's the season for the hustle on Sobe from now until spring break.

Good Luck and have fun. ;)

i know what ur saying ur prob a local or have lived in miami like most of us(i live in broward tho).

if you really think it's that bad try going clubbing year around in downtown orlando or ybor city in tampa lol - everywhere u go its like that season or not, not saying its a bad place to go clubbing but the way "they" try to get people inside gets on people's nerves.

probably works for the drunks and the ones that say "did u say gurls! wow! back home in bumfuckville we dont see girls like this!"

course im exaggerating a bit too

Guest maximus

I hate walking down Ocean Drive... Everytime I have a friend in town they want to go somewhere in Ocean and I want to punch these guys in the face... I really like how classy they are when you don't come in as they are screaming at you that your are making a mistake and thats the only place to have fun... ::)

thats Ocean DRive or Washington 6th street area for you......... if u dont want to deal with that crap go to Downtown they dont pull that crap there because quite frankly they dont have to

i hate that shyte too hell when i see that im nearing 6th street i either go to the other side of the street to walk or leave Washington or Collins completely

Ok Ok i'm really confused. First off, the Clevelanderis outside, so how can one be hustled when you can see the entire place? Second off, as far as my experience goes there is no cover at the Clevelander and 3rdly ten bucks a shot of jager sounds about right, so I don't understand any of your post..

Guest coach

Ok Ok i'm really confused. First off, the Clevelanderis outside, so how can one be hustled when you can see the entire place? Second off, as far as my experience goes there is no cover at the Clevelander and 3rdly ten bucks a shot of jager sounds about right, so I don't understand any of your post..

I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like someone needs to grow some monkey balls.

Guest Devilicious

I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like someone needs to grow some monkey balls.

lol

10 bucks/shot of Jager is the norm, some places it's more

Guest Philip

'Everyday I'm Hustlin'

No truer words could have ever been spoken. Everyday in South Florida you're either hustlin or being hustled.

The latest hustle was at the Clevelander on Sobe.

I took a friend who was visiting from Boston to Sobe on Saturday. I insisted it wasn't really the season for it right now but he wanted to go anyway. Well just as I suspected, it was dead and that meant the hustle was on.

Clubs that normally would be packed, were pandering to everyone that walked by to get in. 'Come here guys, party with us, we got girls inside!' My response 'WTF! 'is this a club or a strip club!? 'Are you really that desperate to get people in the door!' Pathetic! The Marlin in particular comes to mind.

And the biggest hustle of the night happened @ the Clevelander. Jager shots for $10 each!? Ridiculous!

Anyway, tourists beware it's the season for the hustle on Sobe from now until spring break.

Good Luck and have fun. ;)

n00b ;)

Guest pod

Yeah really.

You're acting as if this is a travesty of some sort. A travesty is the situation in Iraq. There's more to life that overpriced Jager shots.

$10 is par for the course for just about any shot of liquor at any venue on the Beach or in Downtown.

As for tourists being bilked? Shit, that happens everywhere. Miami, Boston, NYC, Bali, Buenos Aires, Ibiza...

Guest tres-b

lol

10 bucks/shot of Jager is the norm, some places it's more

Thats what I was thinking...what's the hustle?

Guest mursa

The extra 3% is hazard pay.

3% is for the extra bad service for some place on the beach

Thats is true unfortunatly ..........but in my work place , you def get your 18% worht of service ........and besides it is at the customers discretion to manually decrease service % on how one sees fits .

Guest mursa

Ive always wondered about this. Has anyone ever refused to pay the tacked on tip bart of the bill?

very rarely ...... one has to be very cheap or when one really has a bad experience .

Guest mr.miami

You have the option to do so.

I've seen it done once and the waiter lost it. Worse yet, the manager backed up the waiter.

I can understand if it was like a 50 dollar tip. I just cant see myself if i was ever a waiter freaking over 3 or so dollars. Figure it is bound to happen every once in awhile in that field of work.

Guest Cosmigonon

You have the option to do so.

I've seen it done once and the waiter lost it. Worse yet, the manager backed up the waiter.

I've done it.

there have been maybe once in a blue where i left a .50 cent tip, that's after calling out the manager and letting them know how bad the waitor is, one of the places i go often, and still go there when im at the beach.

the guy deserved that - he deserved to get bitch slapped n fired but that's just me.

mursa when i find a sugar mama im gonna come out to ur place and make sure i get seated by you :P

Guest mursa

mursa when i find a sugar mama im gonna come out to ur place and make sure i get seated by you :P

Bro.............instead of going to Space , im pretty sure that with the money you would waste on drinks , you can have a really good experience , and take a date too..........guaranteed panty dropper if you ask me ;D :P

Guest jamu

Dude for a while I stopped going to the beach cause my friends and me found this place with regulation pool tables which were nicely kept at $5 an hour, with a bucket of corona's at $12. The place is out of control. And the bartender is insanely cute (and desi for those that know me). :-P