Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Sets of the Year

Guest LeVeL

Guest LeVeL

Okay...its the end of the year and it would be great to end the year with a Bang.

Below Please list 1 Dj Set that has made you dance to it, Groove to It. Basically the Set that you believe was the best Dj Set you heard this year. The set that you bump too in your car your house, the Dj set that you cant wait to share with friends, the Dj set that you cant wait to share with people because of how good it was please POST below...............

Thank U

Guest Philip

good call Level. i was gonna start the same thread at some point. ok - podcast/set of the year for me is...

RA001 - Troy Peirce

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EGXXYFJ2

if anyone would like me to upload and provide a link, let me know. and im not alone here - this podcast rocked the world over and was pretty much talked about on every EDM forum worth their salt.

im gonna mention a few more when i get home to my archives.

Guest dre4

digweed+cox essential mix space terrace, ibiza 8/9/06

danny howells Live At Space of Sound (Madrid)-11-06-2006

deep dish Global Gathering 2006

james zabiela, digweed, sahsa, warren space terrace wmc

digweed kiss100 Kiss 100 FM (June 18, 2006)

digweed pawnshop

John Digweed - Live at La Dune (02-25-2006) [www.mercuryserver.com] 260MB

kiss100 king unique oct 8 2006

lee buridge pacha nyc 9/29/06

mashtronic kiss100 oct 15 2006

lexicon ave kiss100

sasha zu house club dumond

Satoshi Tomiie live @ palladium acapulco, mexico 16-sep-2006

yoshipart space wmc 2006 14 hours

i've downloaded 300 sets so far this year, so i have many to choose from..much more than this, but this is good for now

Guest Marina22

Have gotten so much music that I haven't even gotten to listen to yet, much less critique so I have to say an album, The Stanton Warriors Fabric #30. :P

Guest LeVeL

all the sets in my hardrive. period

Really...I have downloaded atleast 2,000 Dj sets this year alone and I have to say that 75% to 80% of the sets are crap or played out tracks. Doesn't matter which DJ your downloading from the reality is its hard to find a mindblowing set out there tat is worth keeping on your hardrive, I find myself deleting a lot of sets after listening to them for a couple of weeks.

So I dont know where your coming from with that perspective..

Really...I have downloaded atleast 2' date='000 Dj sets this year alone and I have to say that 75% to 80% of the sets are crap or played out tracks. Doesn't matter which DJ your downloading from the reality is its hard to find a mindblowing set out there tat is worth keeping on your hardrive, I find myself deleting a lot of sets after listening to them for a couple of weeks.

[/quote']

soooooo what's your favorite?

Guest Philip

Really...I have downloaded atleast 2' date='000 Dj sets this year alone and I have to say that 75% to 80% of the sets are crap or played out tracks. Doesn't matter which DJ your downloading from the reality is its hard to find a mindblowing set out there tat is worth keeping on your hardrive, I find myself deleting a lot of sets after listening to them for a couple of weeks.

[/quote']

well Level thats what happens when you listen to live sets. they aren't made to stand the test of time. a dj isn't gonna spin the same way live as he spins for a compilation. sets are about being in the moment and aren't made to digest like that. out of all the podcasts ive been head over heels with over the last year ive probly kept 20. they get old quick - for good reason. what do you think would happen if you tried to play most compilations at a club? u'd have people running for the door. you can't spin live sets at that level of depth

Guest LeVeL

Really...I have downloaded atleast 2,000 Dj sets this year alone and I have to say that 75% to 80% of the sets are crap or played out tracks. Doesn't matter which DJ your downloading from the reality is its hard to find a mindblowing set out there tat is worth keeping on your hardrive, I find myself deleting a lot of sets after listening to them for a couple of weeks.

well Level thats what happens when you listen to live sets. they aren't made to stand the test of time. a dj isn't gonna spin the same way live as he spins for a compilation. sets are about being in the moment and aren't made to digest like that. out of all the podcasts ive been head over heels with over the last year ive probly kept 20. they get old quick - for good reason. what do you think would happen if you tried to play most compilations at a club? u'd have people running for the door. you can't spin live sets at that level of depth

I can imagine that you understand where I am coming from though with my perspective in the issue. I have yet to make up my mind in regards to which Dj Set has done it for me.

In 2005 it was the Eric Prydz Essential Mix but this year....its between a Marcel Woods ad a Sander Van Doorn Set but I dont have the exact date or the place.

Guest Philip

[/quote']

I can imagine that you understand where I am coming from though with my perspective in the issue.

i see what your saying. like i said - i throw 80% of mine as well. i'd probly be in the same boat as you and unable to make up my mind but Troy's podcast shook me to the core. the guy is obviously mental.

"changed my whole perspective on shit"

untitledjt8.png

the best that ive heard and gets me always in the mood is Victor Calderone & Dj Vibe @ Crobar WMC 2006, i've heard a ton of VC's sets but that set gets you really in the mood from beggining to end. That background Iberican/Nyc dark room sound just gets u in the grove like no other. IF im in a bad mood or going to see him live that's deff one of my must have sets to really get u in that mood, not including when u mix alcohol while listening to it lol.

Im sure there are others but that's the one that comes to mind.

Guest Marina22

I can imagine that you understand where I am coming from though with my perspective in the issue.

i see what your saying. like i said - i throw 80% of mine as well. i'd probly be in the same boat as you and unable to make up my mind but Troy's podcast shook me to the core. the guy is obviously mental.

untitledjt8.png

That deep huh dude? :P Which is that podcast, I wanna be enlightened too. :D

[/quote']

yea i delete lots of sets. whats your point?

Guest Philip

untitledjt8.png

That deep huh dude? :P Which is that podcast, I wanna be enlightened too. :D

RA001 - Troy Peirce

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EGXXYFJ2

Guest spinderella7713

Im basing this off of sets I've actually seen, in person. Lee Burridge @ TWILO (Miami)......Danny Howells @ Ultra 2006.......Nic Fancuilli @ Cafeteria WMC 2006........and who can forget Daft Punk @ Bang 2006, oh daft punk...ahhhhhhhhhh. lol

Guest LeVeL

My TOP 3 goes like this..

1. Lexicon Avenue - Aussie Tour Promo July 2006

2. Marcel Woods - Clubbin FM 09/09/2006

3. Paolo Mojo - After Midnight, Peak Time, and Terrace Set 09/30/2006

Dont know the exact location of where Paolo was playing that day but overall, that set takes the cake since he shows all sides of his djing and production skills all in 1 set. He goes from Minimal to House to Deep House to Ambient on this set.

Guest Marina22

Im basing this off of sets I've actually seen, in person. Lee Burridge @ TWILO (Miami)......Danny Howells @ Ultra 2006.......Nic Fancuilli @ Cafeteria WMC 2006........and who can forget Daft Punk @ Bang 2006, oh daft punk...ahhhhhhhhhh. lol

Since I unfortunately missed the other three sets in your list, I have to say Daft Punk for my vote of dj set of the year. That set was incomprable to most sets you ever hear.