Clubplanet Nightlife Community

S. Fla restaurants that are good for groups?

Guest lulamishka

Guest lulamishka

Okay, anyone got any suggestions for restaurants that are good for large groups?

No further than Ft. Lauderdale, though, please...

There's an italian family style place in miami lakes that had a lot of big groups, looked like it caters to them. Quite a few mini rooms, each decorated differently. I think it was across from Main Street. Food was good from what i remember. The decor was gaudy in the typical italian style but i can't remember what it was called.

Guest lulamishka

hibachi places are usually good for accomodating groups since you can cram a lot of people at one table.

I love that idea... only problem is, the max they seat is 12 at a table (at least from my personal experience at Benihana/Samurai). I would need room for more than 12 people... :-\

There's an italian family style place in miami lakes that had a lot of big groups, looked like it caters to them. Quite a few mini rooms, each decorated differently. I think it was across from Main Street. Food was good from what i remember. The decor was gaudy in the typical italian style but i can't remember what it was called.

you're talking about buca de beppo

Guest Electric Eel

i'd vote for hibachi. most places have more than 1 table in each room

Yeah but if you are going as a group do you really want to sit at separate tables where you cant really have interaction between the two?

Guest durrtylexx

i always have fun at opa. (hollywood location)

the food is aight, the service is ok, but i always have fun when i go with a large group of friends.

i can have fun anywhere as long as i'm hanging with friends.

Guest lulamishka

i'd vote for hibachi. most places have more than 1 table in each room

Yeah but if you are going as a group do you really want to sit at separate tables where you cant really have interaction between the two?

My thoughts exactly...

Guest lulamishka

what do you want??? one big ass table??? at least you'll be able to interact with 12 people...that's not so bad.

how many people in your group?

opa is a great idea too, that place gets pretty crazy. drink lots of ouzo.

Yes! I want a bigass table of sorts! For at least 15 people!! Sheesh! lol :P

Guest swirlundergrounder

hibachi places are usually good for accomodating groups since you can cram a lot of people at one table.

I love that idea... only problem is, the max they seat is 12 at a table (at least from my personal experience at Benihana/Samurai). I would need room for more than 12 people... :-\

Why don't you reserve 2 Hibachi grills next to each other at Benihana?

If you call ahead, most resturaunts will accomidate as many people as you need.

Guest swirlundergrounder

No hibachi... the tables are too far away. Any other ideas?

I heard that 'Cheetah's' in Hallandale is good for groups and they have a free lunch hour... :P

What kind of food do you want? Is this formal or informal?

Guest lulamishka

I heard that 'Cheetah's' in Hallandale is good for groups and they have a free lunch hour... :P

Hahaha, thanks for the Cheetah's suggestion. I'll look into it. :P

But probably more on the informal side. I just want to know what places around town can handle large groups. Perhaps 15+.

Guest Slide On The Ice

Brazilian Tropicana Restaurant. They have tables on the floor in front of the stage/dance floor (they have live shows with Brazilian singers and dancers) that can be moved around and put together. We had a birthday party for my mom years ago with a lot of friends and family and we used about 3 or 4 tables, but at each table alone there was 10 people. The tables were side by side pointing toward the dance floor, but I think they could have turned them sideways and put them end to end so 18 people could fit in both sides and both ends. The music and dance show is phenomenal and the food is to due for, but it is on US-1 by Atlantic so its far. I know you asked for no further than Lauderdale, but it's worth it, IMO. But if I remember correctly, they only have the shows on Thursday night and the weekends, in case you do go.

There is also Mai Kai in Fort Lauderdale.

Guest swirlundergrounder

But probably more on the informal side. I just want to know what places around town can handle large groups. Perhaps 15+.

You know 15 is really not that big of a group. Most places can handle a group of 15 to 20 people. Even the smallest places.

But whatever place you do choose, it would serve you best to call at least a day ahead and tell them that you are coming so that the resturaunt can staff their kitchen ahead of time so that you won't have say 1 cook, cooking all the food if you do choose to go to a smaller place.

Guest lulamishka

But whatever place you do choose, it would serve you best to call at least a day ahead and tell them that you are coming so that the resturaunt can staff their kitchen ahead of time so that you won't have say 1 cook, cooking all the food if you do choose to go to a smaller place.

Terry, you don't give me enough credit. Look who you're talking to! I'd like to think I'm an informed Foodie, ya know. :P