Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Publix Meats vs Boar's Head.. whats the difference really?

Bling

i pondered this as i devoured my footlong italian boars head sub. i usually alternate btw publix and boars head.

im not no food connesiour but i dont taste a damn difference.

i know boars head has like less preservatives i think

whats the difference besides price???

Guest lulamishka

THE TASTE!!! The quality! Hands down! I refuse to purchase any other deli meat brand at Publix! All the others are inferior in comparison!

i swear i dont taste the difference. how is it different? more robust taste?

guess it doesnt really matter since i put so many damn condiments in the sandwiches

need to do a taste test and try the meats individually sliced side by side

Guest JMT

i guess if you dont taste any difference you dont need to spend the extra money, but i think there is a slight but significant difference in quality. nothing but boar's head for me. life is too short to eat crappy food.

Guest lulamishka

i swear i dont taste the difference. how is it different? more robust taste?

guess it doesnt really matter since i put so many damn condiments in the sandwiches

need to do a taste test and try the meats individually sliced side by side

I dunno, man. I'm particular when it comes to deli meat. I don't like my ham, for example, to be real fatty. By fatty, I mean like the Publix ham I used to get...there would be (fatty) pieces I wouldn't want to chew. Boar's Head ham I find has much less of that fatty shit I don't want to chew on.

Overall I taste the difference. Like John said, if you can't taste the difference, then I guess you don't need to spend the extra money. But as for me, if I see Publix deli meat in the house, I'll avoid it.

Guest lulamishka

I can't speak for Publix, but here's what I copied off the Boar's Head website:

At Boar's Head we start with only the finest ingredients available, just as we've done continuously for over a century. We are proud to say that our meats and cheeses contain no by-products, no cereals or fillers, and no artificial flavors or colors. We wouldn't put anything in our products that you wouldn't put on your own table.

We use pure beef, pork and poultry, and real spices. Our ham is trimmed by hand the old-fashioned way, and our turkey and chicken is oven roasted, just the way you roast yours. Most importantly we maintain unwavering standards of quality.

That's why some of America's most prestigious, quality-conscious delicatessens, gourmet stores, and select supermarkets stake their reputations on the Boar's Head Brand.

Guest ramon

mesquite wood smoked and cracked pepper mill turkey are ace!

boars head > all others

cracked pepper mill ftw indeed.

their deli mustard is awesome on that. ;)

• 2 weeks later...