Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Joe's Stone Crabs

Guest Devilicious

Guest Devilicious

I'm going back today for lunch after a ridiculously tasty dinner a couple of weeks ago and I can't wait!

It will be either the Lobster Reuben or the Crab Cake sammich...

Guest lulamishka

I'm going back today for lunch after a ridiculously tasty dinner a couple of weeks ago and I can't wait!

It will be either the Lobster Reuben or the Crab Cake sammich...

Mmmmm.... luckyyy!!

I could go for their seafood bisque again.

Guest JMT

i went to Joe's for the first time last week. in all honesty the stone crabs didnt really blow my skirt up. perhaps im not as big of a stone crab fan as i thought i was, but for as much as my group ended up spending on the meal they didnt really live up to all of the hype. the soup, sides and key lime were all excellent, but the wine could have been chilled. next time i will order something else.

Guest lulamishka

i went to Joe's for the first time last week. in all honesty the stone crabs didnt really blow my skirt up. perhaps im not as big of a stone crab fan as i thought i was, but for as much as my group ended up spending on the meal they didnt really live up to all of the hype. the soup, sides and key lime were all excellent, but the wine could have been chilled. next time i will order something else.

I have to agree with you on the stone crabs. I went for the first time a couple weeks ago, and I liked their crab cakes & lobster better than the stone crabs. It was my first time having stone crabs, too. Figured if there's anyplace for me to eat them, it had to be Joe's. The seafood bisque & sides were great. Didn't have room for dessert though.

Next time I go back, I'll be ordering the lobster. :)

Guest Electric Eel

Thats exactly why I didn't order the stone crabs when I went. Got the crab cakes for dinner and they were great! I had a taste of lobster too and it was delish.

Guest lulamishka

Thats exactly why I didn't order the stone crabs when I went. Got the crab cakes for dinner and they were great! I had a taste of lobster too and it was delish.

Yea, thanks for that bite of your crab cake. :-*

that is soooooooo hot, i don't know why.

Guest lulamishka

that is soooooooo hot, i don't know why.

LOL!

Guest Devilicious

mmmmmmm so good so good! I'mma be on a food high all evening.

Lobster Reuben was delish. The seafood bisque wasn't as good this time around, it was less shellfish and more pieces of fish. Lunch there is very reasonable.

I think the way to order is to go in a group, have something other than stone crabs for your entree, and have a small order of them for the table to share. IMO they're decadent and rich and magnificent, but you don't need a whole bunch of them.

Guest macboy

We usually just pick up from Joe's Take Away next door and bring it home since we are a couple blocks away. Lobster Reuben is great, so are the fish sandwiches. ;D I really do love going there once a week.

• 8 months later...
Guest JMT

stone crab season officially commenced on friday. i made my return over the weekend, and was pleasantly surprised to see that the culinary gods heeded my requests and joe's new menu has added a true surf & turf! i swapped out the stock sirloin steak for the filet mignon. the filet was good, you won't mistake it for ruth chris or smith & wollenski, but this is a seafood restaurant after all. the lobster tail was pretty big but it left a little to be desired. it was grilled in the shell and had grill marks on the meat. it was pretty tough and crunchy as a result. i was disappointed in it.

also, they have 86ed the sweet potato wedges from the menu and replace them with thin sliced fries. good, but not as good. the wedges were one of my favorite sides.

as usual the rest of the sides were phenom, the seafood bisque was it's tasty self, and the key lime continues to be the perfect degree of tart.

if you ever wondered why they don't serve expresso or cappucino it's because they don't want patrons milling around after the meal, or so i was told. i like to ask anyway just for kicks. this time they told me "the machine is broken."