LCD Soundsytem

Ghostface

Pharoahe Monch

Roots

Crowded House

and even Paul Van Tiesto for the mongs.

looks pretty good to me ;D

Guest LeVeL

You know we're blessed to even have UMF down here and a week of festivites.

Which adds up to even more talent to what Coachella has in 3 days.

Guest Miss_Digital

Now let me ask you all this, would any of you actually go if this festival took place around here?

i think the location is trivial

people would flock to this event no matter where it takes place

Guest ramon

Now let me ask you all this, would any of you actually go if this festival took place around here?

yes definitely.

put this on sometime in the spring/summer and i think you could get some more people to come to miami. :)

Guest Marina22

For the first time in years, I am actually contemplating not going to Ultra at all.. I love going and I know I would have fun but if we go we would miss alot of great parties around those two days. Either miss them or get no sleep for a couple of days. No way you can do most of the day of two Ultras without sleep, it's a marathon.

Guest pod

yes definitely.

put this on sometime in the spring/summer and i think you could get some more people to come to miami. :)

How about fall? Summer is way too hot.

Guest Miss_Digital

yes definitely.

fall nov or oct

Guest ramon

yes definitely.

fall would be nice as well , the diversity is there. :)

Guest Marina22

Are you cereal?

RATM reunion

RHCP

Willie Nelson

Interpol

J&MC

Spankrock

Sonic Youth

Evil 9

Richie Hawtin

LCD Soundsytem

Ghostface

Pharoahe Monch

Roots

Crowded House

OMG, you said "mongs"! ;D Where are you from? My friend from Manchester says that and I don't know if that's an English slang word or something? jajajajaja He says it so hilarious too, "that guy's all monged.."

Guest Marina22

Myles Hie, I just realized you also say cereal. Not to sound like a total mong but I use that terminology as well. ;) Anyway, about the festival, there's something magical about seeing dance music only/mainly in a festival setting.. Rage Against the Machine I've seen twice and they were amazing both times. Besides that band and the Roots (don't remember, oh RHCP) I would end up in the dance music tents more. I still would rather go to the SAMC festival (name?) or something like Love Parade, or I Love Techno.. On the other hand if I won the trip or had the money I would definitely be up for it. :D

Guest myles hie

Are you cereal?

RATM reunion

RHCP

Willie Nelson

Interpol

J&MC

Spankrock

Sonic Youth

Evil 9

Richie Hawtin

LCD Soundsytem

Ghostface

Pharoahe Monch

Roots

Crowded House

OMG, you said "mongs"! ;D Where are you from? My friend from Manchester says that and I don't know if that's an English slang word or something? jajajajaja He says it so hilarious too, "that guy's all monged.."

I spend too much time reading the UK boards. Mong is short for mongoloid, aka, face chewer, e-tard, and the more locally used pookie head. But the Brits use it as a noun and a verb. Those kooky cats.. ;)

Guest myles hie

Myles Hie, I just realized you also say cereal. Not to sound like a total mong but I use that terminology as well. ;) Anyway, about the festival, there's something magical about seeing dance music only/mainly in a festival setting.. Rage Against the Machine I've seen twice and they were amazing both times. Besides that band and the Roots (don't remember, oh RHCP) I would end up in the dance music tents more. I still would rather go to the SAMC festival (name?) or something like Love Parade, or I Love Techno.. On the other hand if I won the trip or had the money I would definitely be up for it. :D

I see your point but,..EDM needs more exposure and this is one of the best ways imo. Take a look at Ultra compared to Coachella, Ultra tried all dance the first few years and have since eased more rock into the bill and is still treading water, Where as from the get go Coachella used the smarter "shotgun" effect to the music selection to capture a wider audience and they are thriving. I would love to see a hugely succesfull EDM festival, but right now there is just not enough consumer to back it.

Plus Coachella get 10 extra cool points for getting RATM back together. werd.