Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Super Bowl Street Closures

Guest pod

Guest pod

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/16597632.htm

Miami Police are preparing to close several city streets for Super Bowl events.

If gridlock paralyzes the area, police and the Florida Department of Transportation are prepared to temporarily close the eastbound MacArthur Causeway from Interstate 95, forcing beachbound drivers to use either the Julia Tuttle or 79th Street causeways. Watch for overhead electronic message boards and temporary signs for road closure notices.

The following roads will be closed near the NFL headquarters at the Biscayne Bay Marriott, Radisson and Doubletree Grand hotels from today until 6 p.m. Monday: Northeast Fourth Avenue, between 15th and 19th streets, and North Bayshore Drive, between NE 15th and 19th streets. Drivers must display the proper Super Bowl credentials or a residential pass to gain access to the area.

Biscayne Boulevard will be closed between Northeast 13th and 15th streets for a VIP gala at the Carnival Center for the Performing Arts from 10 a.m. Friday until 3 a.m. Saturday.

Southbound Biscayne traffic will be rerouted westbound on Northeast 15th Street to Northeast Second Avenue. Northbound traffic will be rerouted to Northeast First Avenue. Gala attendees are being instructed to enter the Carnival Center from Northeast Second Avenue and 14th Street.

Further complicating an already overcrowded roadgrid: 3,500 people are expected to descend on Watson Island Friday evening for an invitation only party at Parrot Jungle Island. The event is slated for 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.

Police are developing contingencies to get partygoers over to Watson Island from Biscayne Boulevard near Bicentennial Park if they are forced to close I-395 and the MacArthur Causeway.

Authorities also will be closing Southwest Third Avenue between Fourth and Fifth streets for an NFL-sanctioned party at Finnegan's By the River. Southwest Third Avenue, between Sixth and Seventh streets, will be converted to two-way traffic.

Miami Beach Police are warning area drivers to expect heavy traffic, especially in the South Beach area.

Starting today, Ocean Drive will be closed between Fifth and 15th streets. It is scheduled to reopen sometime Monday morning

Guest NicoleC

I read that the Superbowl hype isn't what they thought it would be. Hotels that thought they would be fully booked are not. They are lowering rates and removing minimum stay requirements. Scalpers are being forced to lower tickets prices (the horror!) Regardless, I think I am going to stay home this weekend - I don't think I want to deal with the possibility of nightmare traffic and no (or cost prohibitive) parking. Besides, I am attempting a hiatus from the nightlife in order to save $$$ for WMC and possibly Europe in the summer (?Daft Punk, Ibiza, Love Parade? I hope!!!)

Guest Alan T.

I read that the Superbowl hype isn't what they thought it would be. Hotels that thought they would be fully booked are not. They are lowering rates and removing minimum stay requirements. Scalpers are being forced to lower tickets prices (the horror!) Regardless, I think I am going to stay home this weekend - I don't think I want to deal with the possibility of nightmare traffic and no (or cost prohibitive) parking. Besides, I am attempting a hiatus from the nightlife in order to save $$$ for WMC and possibly Europe in the summer (?Daft Punk, Ibiza, Love Parade? I hope!!!)

SAVE yourself till next weekend------->WE WILL EAT CAKE! :)

MY BIRTHDAY CAKE THAT IS!

Guest coach

I saw that sign on 395 that said they are closing it. I can't even imagine what that means. How can they close one of the main thoroughfares to the island? I am wondering if that means it will only be closed to non-local traffic. But then how will everyone get to the big party on Ocean?

Guest 0crystal0

I saw that sign on 395 that said they are closing it. I can't even imagine what that means. How can they close one of the main thoroughfares to the island? I am wondering if that means it will only be closed to non-local traffic. But then how will everyone get to the big party on Ocean?

i haven't seen anything anywhere about resident v non-resident traffic. we can always take the venetian or 195 since we know how. i guess they are thinking that the tourists who don't know where they are going will just not go anywhere

Guest Comport

Daft Punk, Ibiza, Love Parade, Amsterdam........ That will be the European Summer Tour.... ;D I think we would need to retire atfer that... Go out with a bang.....

Guest coach

oh wonderful. i work in downtown and live in sobe. i should have a fun evening. :-\

Car party on the MacArthur! Holla! I'll see you there, boyeeee!

Guest frankthetank

Daft Punk, Ibiza, Love Parade, Amsterdam........ That will be the European Summer Tour.... ;D I think we would need to retire atfer that... Go out with a bang.....

Retire? No matter how old ya get there is never a good time to retire. ;D

Guest Comport

<~~~~ Never going to retire... )

I know... I agree with you... I am not saying i am to old(I am young).. I am saying that is one hell of a trip.

Guest soozin

good lord dude this is insane... i knew sunday would be bad but i didnt think it would be so f'd up even today.. sheesh... maybe i wont be goin to miami tom night afteralll

Guest pod

Here's my advice, for what it's worth. Park on the mainland, cab it in and out. If you're in a group it won't be bad. Back and forth is $40 max.

Guest Electric Eel

ugh this suckkkks... i plan to be on south beach saturday night... sounds like my power nap will be cut in half so i can park and get to cafeteria.. LOL

shit.

hmmm

hmmmmm

Guest NicoleC

any reports about last night? still debating about going out tonight (probably not, but i thought i would at least ask) traffic/parking situations?