Clubplanet Nightlife Community

House at Space

Guest Buck White

Guest Buck White

Would it kill Space to have just one night of proper house ? e.g. Tony Humphries, Miguel Migs etc. Don't get me wrong...I love most genres and

sub-genres but, uh, it seems Eric "More" is about as house as Space is willing to get. Why ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mr.miami

Would it kill Space to have just one night of proper house ? e.g. Tony Humphries, Miguel Migs etc. Don't get me wrong...I love most genres and

sub-genres but, uh, it seems Eric "More" is about as house as Space is willing to get. Why ?

What does proper house sound like?

Guest clubchicky

It can't get any better for me! I hated house music when I only heard one type.....I didn't realize house could sound so good until I went to Space ;D

Guest mr.miami

It can't get any better for me! I hated house music when I only heard one type.....I didn't realize house could sound so good until I went to Space ;D

Perhaps, but maybe you havent heard proper house music. If anyone has time they should put a help a newbie thread up on the genres of house and include a link to a song of each genre.

Guest pod

Someone define proper house.

Also, those guys would not work in a large venue. Migs, Tony, etc, have a much more 'small room' sound.

Perhaps, but maybe you havent heard proper house music. If anyone has time they should put a help a newbie thread up on the genres of house and include a link to a song of each genre.

Lust4house.com

They have some killer mixes that you can listen to for free.

Guest mr.miami

Lust4house.com

Those mixes are considered proper house?

Guest Buck White

lol.

Oh yeah....Mr. Miami. I've read about you. Right off the bat with the sardonic comments, eh ? Soulful....maybe. Tracks that actually have a groove. Besides that.... I think the two DJ's listed would have been a pretty clear indication as to what proper house sounds like. You must be one of those meatheads who uses the word techno when referring to every and all forms of dance music.....downtempo, disco house and drum @ bass included. Troglodyte.

Guest clubchicky

Lust4house.com

8)

Guest mr.miami

Oh am i sensing some edm snobbery on this board? Anyway this is exactly why newbies don't show up on this board and post cus of posts like that. I thought this board was all about educating people about the music. tsk tsk

Guest Buck White

sorry sweetie. funny how you were the first to reply to my stupid post.

sorry I posted. and I'm equally sorry you found proper house to be so confounding. I passed gas in a trance tent once.

Guest spinderella7713

Space is a huge club. It needs to go with Djs that are going to fill the club. The masses know about 'names' ....

Guest pod

Oh am i sensing some edm snobbery on this board? Anyway this is exactly why newbies don't show up on this board and post cus of posts like that. I thought this board was all about educating people about the music. tsk tsk

This board is about nightlife and entertainment, not just 'educating' people about music. Tsk tsk yourself.

Guest clubchicky

hahahaha.....I don't know...I just love what I love.....the kind of music I hear at space is just so special to me...I know I probably sound like a dork....but sometimes going there...and not even drinking but listening to the music makes me forget about all of my problems and have a kick ass time!!!

it's just some house music is kind of boring to me....I acutally would not even think about listening to any house music about two yrs ago....when I first bought my turntables I wanted to play strictly breaks....my friend Shaun (slammin' shaun haha) crossed me over.....so it has been a growing effect on me yay!

Guest Comport

proper house...Boom tsh boom tsh boom tsh boom tsh...

Oh wait sorry that is trance..... What the hell is proper house... there is so much divison with the genres today.... Have a couple of drinks and things will sound like what you want them to sound like.... ;D

Guest pod

I said it in another thread, but one of the things killing dance music is the divisiveness in the community. Trance kids don't go to house events and vice versa. Like I also said, not too long ago, I would see a lot of people going to events just for the fun of it, and not getting worked up over the DJ or the music. As long as it was in the ballpark, they were having a good time.

Guest Fernando A

The thing is, at 8 AM on the terrace when the majority of the crowd is all kinds of banged up, proper house might not be the most fitting. There are definitely a lot of DJs that will play a lot of very housey stuff and make it work like Roger, Morillo, OG on a classics night, but I think it has to be pretty banging for the crowd to feel it. Space is a dance club, and that's what most people wanna do when they go there; anything remotely deep probably wouldn't sit well. Granted, there's plenty of banging proper house out there, but most DJs wouldn't fill their entire set with that stuff at Space. There's a time and a place for everything; most good DJs know the crowd they're spinning for and put together their set around them as they should.

Guest Buck White

Solid posts by all. I didnt mean a weekly party. Just a one-off a year would be nice. It's just an amazing sound system and it would be nice/refreshing to hear varying forms of house. I certainly didnt mean to knock someone else's favorite genre....because I certainly have mine. And

I definitely agree that dance music has become completely divided...but it does seem as if the cheesiest DJ's are the one's that pack the larger clubs these days e.g. Tiesto, Van Dyk, Oakenfold. No disrespect to anyone who likes these guys. I just, personally, find a better vibe at house parties. And when I say "house parties", Mr. Miami, I'm referring to the genre of music....not a soiree at someone's domicile.

Guest pod

Different vibes overall. The nature of trance music leads to to be more DJ-centric and epic, whereas with house, it's more of a party music.

Guest Comport

Your right about different vibes....

I hate to say it, but I feel like a house crowd in Miami is all about getting bottles and looking cool... were as techno, breaks and trance crowds just want to have fun, get in for free and drink the open bar...... I am not hating on house or the crowd... I love it....It is just the vibes I get from the crowds... I wish it wasn't like that though....

Note.. with all generalizations come exceptions... so don't be a sarcastic F%$k ;D

Guest clubchicky

i thought that was the case too until i went to space...some places are like that especially on south beach....but at Space....you meet the coolest...and I mean THE coolest people! Everyone is out to have a great time and dance alllll night and day! I wear jeans and a tank top and flip fops and get ready to dance for eight hours! My hair is up in a pony tail by the time the sun comes out and the shades are on...and no I don't do ecstacy anymore...granted some people are messed up out of their minds but those people I have found leave by 4am and then the serious crowd comes in after 5am and rocks the dance floor.... 8)

Guest coach

Heh, the funny/ironic thing is that in this case you are the one jumping on the newbie.

I do agree that some education would be nice. When people drop comments about this or that genre, it would be nice if they posted links to samples of those genres. Name-dropping doesn't really do any good. I certainly do not keep up with the 654613216849841 DJ names out there, so saying something sounds like "DJ Sackrete" does not do me any good.

Guest myles hie

Heh, the funny/ironic thing is that in this case you are the one jumping on the newbie.

I do agree that some education would be nice. When people drop comments about this or that genre, it would be nice if they posted links to samples of those genres. Name-dropping doesn't really do any good. I certainly do not keep up with the 654613216849841 DJ names out there, so saying something sounds like "DJ Sackrete" does not do me any good.

Agreed. "proper" links or STFU.