Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oscar G or Morillo...

Guest tres-b

Guest tres-b

This is not a "who is better" thread. Both guys are talented dj/producers. Both have accomplished more than most guys in the industry have dreamed of...

But which one has meant more/been more influential to you?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LeVeL

Both of their stocks have dropped lately...

But Morillo is a Superstar Dj where as Oscar G is not. I think it would of been better to compare Oscar G to Cedric. Or Morillo to Roger Sanchez or Victor Calderon ?

Guest karinga

But Morillo is a Superstar Dj where as Oscar G is not.

I think you should do your homework before you make a statement like that.. ;-)

Guest pod

OG has a tougher job than Erick. OG has to hold down that room week in and week out, whereas Erick gets a new room and a new crowd every time he plays out.

Guest Electric Eel

But Morillo is a Superstar Dj where as Oscar G is not.

I think you should do your homework before you make a statement like that.. ;-)

Hey girl! Welcome!

:-*

~Lee

Guest Cosmigonon

OG has a tougher job than Erick. OG has to hold down that room week in and week out, whereas Erick gets a new room and a new crowd every time he plays out.

Exactly!!!!

BAck in 05, I had a Morillo set from Space Ibiza that summer, that I know very well. Hecame here that august, played @ Crobar, and played pretty much all the same tracks with the same acapellas, breaks etc. , and he then proceeded to play the same thing the following November @ Space.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but he can get away with it, cause he's playing for a different audience every time

Guest Electric Eel

But Morillo is a Superstar Dj where as Oscar G is not. I think it would of been better to compare Oscar G to Cedric. Or Morillo to Roger Sanchez or Victor Calderon ?

You might think that because you are living in Miami and thats the only place you hear him. Oscar has a really big following. My friends from Minnesota and San Fransisco feel that Oscar is just as big as Erick and if he's playing in their town they make sure not to miss him.

Guest myles hie

IMO it's the opposite, its harder to adapt to a different crowd every night, where as in weekly at the same spot people expect a certain sound week in and week out.

This is a loaded question, everyone knows and will stick up for OG, just as if you went to NJ and asked the same question on a NJ board.

OG had his shot at stardom but he didn't capitalize on it. His stock is de-listed at this point while Morillo is going down, but he's just following the overall trend of the market.

EM has a much much much tougher job than OG. EM charges an ass load of money, if people don't show up and have a good time, he's done in that club. While if OG tanks, LP has an open bar the next week and no one cares.

Guest spinderella7713

Ur not serious right? If so u need to really do some research and stop taking the easy road....sheep I sware.

Guest spinderella7713

OG had his shot at stardom but he didn't capitalize on it. His stock is de-listed at this point while Morillo is going down, but he's just following the overall trend of the market.

EM has a much much much tougher job than OG. EM charges an ass load of money, if people don't show up and have a good time, he's done in that club. While if OG tanks, LP has an open bar the next week and no one cares.

I have my take on this opinion.....and I dont know Oscar personally but its how I see things.

There are DJ "Superstars" who f#ck every woman on tour, spend lots of money on the most expensive sunglasses and jeans, make sure their name is at the top of every list ...etc, etc.......

and there are DJs who Love music, and WORK at it. They may have a family, and have no need to travel ALL THE TIME.....but there talent is actually put into the WORK not the self promotion....the work speaks for itself.

Guest FRESHMAN

I have my take on this opinion.....and I dont know Oscar personally but its how I see things.

There are DJ "Superstars" who f#ck every woman on tour, spend lots of money on the most expensive sunglasses and jeans, make sure their name is at the top of every list ...etc, etc.......

and there are DJs who Love music, and WORK at it. They may have a family, and have no need to travel ALL THE TIME.....but there talent is actually put into the WORK not the self promotion....the work speaks for itself.

So, you must think that every superstar in the world was popped right out of their moms puss enjoying the rockstar lifestyle?

Every "superstar" DJ had to go through and pay their dues at somepoint. They dont all just start out as $20,000 a gig dj's.

Some just have it and some just have the right people working for them.

Guest Fez

and some people sell out and forget about the music in general.

it's all about the money ffs.

i wanna be a Ninja, but it doesn't pay...that's why i do something else...

Guest FRESHMAN

I would love to meet a local DJ that would not take a gig in any foriegn country for $20,000 reguardless of the venu.

If a DJ told you they wouldn't like to be in Morillo's shoes they would be lying.

Guest pod

I'm biased, but I'll say OG, too. He's delivered consistently since I've been listening to him. And for a resident, that is important, to be consistent.

Guest EXPERIENCE

im very new to this forum but compare erick to oscar is just funny.

they are too different . one is FAMOUS and the other one is not.

em travels the whole world not just small clubs in us .

is just ridiculous to compare them.

and is not harder to play at space every saturday than go to diferent venues " neverrr.

and at this moment you can't even compare oscar with cedric.

one is living from what he did years ago and the other one is living the dream ;)

Guest pod

OG is famous in his own right. Here in Miami we take him for granted, but when he goes on the road now, they still line up to see him.

Guest Fez

im very new to this forum but compare erick to oscar is just funny.

they are too different . one is FAMOUS and the other one is not.

em travels the whole world not just small clubs in us .

is just ridiculous to compare them.

and is not harder to play at space every saturday than go to diferent venues " neverrr.

and at this moment you can't even compare oscar with cedric.

one is living from what he did years ago and the other one is living the dream ;)

i have to agree with you on that one...

playing different venues around the world, without knowing the if you're gonna please the crowd or not takes some skill,

OG is till my fav. DJ ok #2 or #3...jaja

BUT, he does know his audience, and it's not as hard for him to know what 'sound' they're looking for...

and any dj would love to play for 20k and travel around the world