Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oscar G or Morillo...

Guest tres-b

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest addictedtospace

I have been in the booth with every DJ that has come through Space and I see them at work and OG has always Wowed me more than anybody, not taking away from any DJ's talents specially Morillo. But it really is like the songs... "you don't appreciate me..."

Guest Willie Morales

I would say og was a better dj, EM is just a much better entertainer. I do love og's productions over Ericks, though Reel to Reel was really good.

what and funky green dogs wasn't!!!!

Guest spinderella7713

im very new to this forum but compare erick to oscar is just funny.

they are too different . one is FAMOUS and the other one is not.

em travels the whole world not just small clubs in us .

is just ridiculous to compare them.

and is not harder to play at space every saturday than go to diferent venues " neverrr.

and at this moment you can't even compare oscar with cedric.

one is living from what he did years ago and the other one is living the dream ;)

I want to hear your explanation of why YOU THINK OG isnt famous?

Guest DMS12

>:( >:(

This is the problem with House music..

Picking sides and Favorites >:(

I'm friends with Both of them and i feel there Both Incredible in there own way..

Oscar Has had great success around the World

Many #1 hits and great singles under his belt. Top notch DJ also....

Morillo Has has about the same. the only difference that

Morillo is getting his hype now..

The problem with Miami is that they look at there local DJ as a nobody..

Just because you can see your Local guy often hes crap.. When these same DJ go play out of town and get the RESPECT they deserve..

Guys like Oscar G , Robbie Rivera , Ralf Falcon, Willie Morales , Stryke , and myself.

We all play out of town often and i can tell you there is a great Vibe in a majority of these city's.

There just Happy to Dance.. Not in the Club to see who has more bottles and is wearing the new fashion..

So stop bitching and complaining and go dance..

Couse with out your Locals DJ'S you wont be able to dance to House Music..

Hip Hop has ruined Miami Dance scene.. Couse they make $$$

they don't care if a Nobody is the DJ tonight they just go have fun..Soo if we can all get along were screwed..

Owners of Clubs are in the business of making $$$$$$.. there not here for the Scene.. Thats why we are Here...

So get off you buts and go dance..

Guest FRESHMAN

Just because you can see your Local guy often hes crap.. When these same DJ go play out of town and get the RESPECT they deserve..

Guys like Oscar G , Robbie Rivera , Ralf Falcon, Willie Morales , Stryke , and myself.

You are completely ignorant if you think that Miami views their local Dj's as nobodys, If we viewed them as nobodys then they would not have a job in miami period.

And of course when they go out of town they are getting the respect they deserve, it's not rocket science.

I could go on and on all day telling you how you're wrong, but just dont be so close minded and ignorant. At least think about what you are trying to say before you make yourself look stupid.

Guest DMS12

Well since you don't understand..

What i meant about Miami is not the FANS....

its the Owners.

They have no problem paying a guy like Morillo $40,000

But if your a DJ who lives in Miami and Get Paid $15,000

out of town.. Your lucky if a Miami Club Owner will pay you

$2,000..

Just couse you live in miami.. Even though you have more then 40 gigs out of Miami.. Your still Local..

Pretty unfair.. for the Local guy..

When the Club sales are not too far apart..

And the Club is stuffed..

Guest lavosdeldiablo

>:( >:(

This is the problem with House music..

Picking sides and Favorites >:(

I'm friends with Both of them and i feel there Both Incredible in there own way..

Oscar Has had great success around the World

Many #1 hits and great singles under his belt. Top notch DJ also....

Morillo Has has about the same. the only difference that

Morillo is getting his hype now..

We all play out of town often and i can tell you there is a great Vibe in a majority of these city's.

There just Happy to Dance.. Not in the Club to see who has more bottles and is wearing the new fashion..

So stop bitching and complaining and go dance..

Couse with out your Locals DJ'S you wont be able to dance to House Music..

Hip Hop has ruined Miami Dance scene.. Couse they make $$$

they don't care if a Nobody is the DJ tonight they just go have fun..Soo if we can all get along were screwed..

Owners of Clubs are in the business of making $$$$$$.. there not here for the Scene.. Thats why we are Here...

So get off you buts and go dance..

lol.. i think you missed the point , it was a simple questions about whos had more of an influence.

Guest DMS12

i got the point of what the thread was about i was commenting on other posts from this thread..

There Both Great Producers and Both have had great success..

and Both have influenced Me for sure.. ;D

I'm just sick of all the Comparing , Compiling and bashing

I got into House music because of the "Love" that i had felt.

Nobody thought they were better then anyone else

All i want is for all of us to get along..

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest tekniQz

More influential??Who gives a shit, both of them are amazing!They both are equally great,they have there own sound and they will own Space Saturday.Its not too often that i get to see my 2 favorite djs (other than the Kleinenberg)in the same room.I dont know OG but i have seen him more than 40-45 times over the last 5 years (thats about 400-500 hours and thats about 16-18 days)and he delivers everytime whereas Morillo has blown me away several times as far as his energy and vibe but i have seen him on an off night.So let the so called dj competition begin!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Guest lavosdeldiablo

.I dont know OG but i have seen him more than 40-45 times over the last 5 years (thats about 400-500 hours and thats about 16-18 days)and he delivers everytime whereas Morillo has blown me away several times as far as his energy and vibe but i have seen him on an off night.

who gives a shit ?! :P

Guest EXPERIENCE

and is not harder to play at space every saturday than go to diferent venues " neverrr.

one is living from what he did years ago and the other one is living the dream ;)

ok i will be soft on this so the fans of OG don't get too upset.

famous djs travel the whole world ALL THE TIME

famous djs have track on the charts

famous djs get paid 15k to 100k per gig

or go to EM myspace and check the calendar and then check OG space and you see what is to be famous ;)

and for the ones that compare them as a djs EM use 3 vermona filters so he can play with the vocals and make different sounds, while OG use 3 cdj and the mixer like normally all the djs do ,and i just say this to make you understand that they are too different. ;)

Guest spinderella7713

ok i will be soft on this so the fans of OG don't get too upset.

famous djs travel the whole world ALL THE TIME

famous djs have track on the charts

famous djs get paid 15k to 100k per gig

or go to EM myspace and check the calendar and then check OG space and you see what is to be famous ;)

and for the ones that compare them as a djs EM use 3 vermona filters so he can play with the vocals and make different sounds, while OG use 3 cdj and the mixer like normally all the djs do ,and i just say this to make you understand that they are too different. ;)

Ever think it could be a choice dumbo?

Guest Buck White

its the Owners.

$2,000..

Just couse you live in miami.. Even though you have more then 40 gigs out of Miami.. Your still Local..

$40,000 ? you have got to be kidding me . no wonder my Heineken's cost ten dollars. the sad part is there's thousands of so-called bedroom d.j.'s that can cause as much dancefloor mayhem as any of these guys.

that's an egregious amount of money for mixing records.

Guest FRESHMAN

its the Owners.

$2,000..

$40,000 ? you have got to be kidding me . no wonder my Heineken's cost ten dollars. the sad part is there's thousands of so-called bedroom d.j.'s that can cause as much dancefloor mayhem as any of these guys.

that's an egregious amount of money for mixing records.

You see my friend, they are not paying him to mix records.

They are paying for his name.

How can you not understand that?

Guest myles hie

its the Owners.

$2,000..

. no wonder my Heineken's cost ten dollars.

Welcome to Miami!

Guest pod

There might be bedroom DJs who could blow Morillo, OG, Cedric, RS, etc, out of the water skill-wise. Thing is, those bedroom guys and girls lack a coherent marketing machine to get the huge bookings, and most often, a lot of the bedroom guys don't want to go the extra mile to create or get said marketing machine.

Sad to say, but skills alone won't get you booked.

Guest ramon

There might be bedroom DJs who could blow Morillo, OG, Cedric, RS, etc, out of the water skill-wise. Thing is, those bedroom guys and girls lack a coherent marketing machine to get the huge bookings, and most often, a lot of the bedroom guys don't want to go the extra mile to create or get said marketing machine.

networking is the key to this business. ;)

Guest pod

That it is, that it is. It's why I tell a lot of the aspiring DJs I know to get out there and attend other people's events, especially if it's by a major player. And 'play nice', too. ;D

Guest musicalmissionary

Neither has had any influence on me that's lasted longer than my time on the dancefloor the night either one was playing. If you're not a dj or producer, your answer should read somewhat like mine.

Guest Buck White

Agreed.

Guest pod

Sadly, many a supremely talented DJ has yet to listen. I can sympathize though in a way. I shoot for a living, but there's certain lucrative markets that I've passed up because it's just "not me". However, when it comes time to pay the rent, sometimes you gotta make compromises.