Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crystal Method, Sandra Collins, & The Brazilian Girls @ Cameo & Vice

Guest fended

Guest NicoleC

From "Anyone else going to Cameo Thursday night?":

http://www.cooljunkie.com/forums/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=36951

Well, I don't know if this means anything, but I went through my 25 pages of myspace bulletins TWICE that were (as of 30 minutes ago) inundated with promotions for Cameo on Thursday and ALL of them appear to have been removed. I am pretty sure that before the most recent flyer was released, I saw something on a myspace bulletin that said Crystal Method LIVE and Brazilian Girls LIVE. However, since everyting has been removed, I can't prove it. I also know that on wantickets it doesn't clarify DJ sets or live PA. I called wanttickets who said their flyer shows DJ sets by all except for Crystal Method but that they "thought" the Crystal Method would be DJ'ing since they haven't done a live PA in years. I do know that Crystal Method states in their myspace blog that they will be SPINNING, so that clears that up.

So IMO the flyer is still misleading since it states “performances by The Crystal Method…â€

A live PA by The Crystal Method would be worth driving over an hour each way for (I am glad I found out ahead of time).

Lastly, anyone that has been in this business long enough knows that claiming to have live performances by certain artists is a big "no-no" when they are actually going to be DJ'ing. I remember B.S. like this from back in the day...you would think whoever is running the show at Cameo this Thursday would know better.

It shouldn't take detective work to clarify the details of a night like this.

Guest Untouchable Chino

it's funny what a new club can do for the scene..last night..with rain and everything..we still clicked in 1400 people..it was a good night..good vibe/good music/and beautiful women all around.. happy birthday to my bud rolly..and thank you for all those who came out..see you tonite...

Guest kelly923

how was brazilian girls dj set

It was better than I expected. One member spun records, while she sang. Dope shit! ;D

nice ... was it the dude w/ the dreads ?