Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ridiculous brawl at Buffallo vs Ottowa Nhl game Thurs-(link to vid)

Guest RzO

Guest RzO

this is great, as the brawl goes on the goalies come out and meet at center ice to duke it out

i miss the old days of hockey, every person got their moneys worth in this game

Guest pod

Fuck soccer, fuck football, fuck baseball, fuck college football especially, hockey is the only fun sport left. The rumbles are only reason to go, and goalie fights are so rare.

The fucking rumbles rule! Most of you stunads don't get it, but watching those hosers slug each other is a blast.

Guest RzO

i knew you would enjoy this one pod ;)

but i dont know when the last time the nhl had the goalies come out to square off, they were smiling before they went like it was a once in a lifetime thing

to be at this would be great after all the fights there were over 100 penalty minutes dished out after the melee, of course all the whiny "ban fighting, its bad for the sport weenies" have their panties in a bunch over this game, my answer is bullshit, its part of the game always has and always will

Guest pod

Bloodsports rule. And kids, football doesn't count as a bloodsport. It's a bunch of sweaty steroid addicts in tights jumping on each other, and giving a bunch of white yahoos an excuse to drink shitty beer.

damn that was chaos.

it's hard to see for the untrained eye, but there is a tremendous amount of honor and respect in a hockey fight.

i played ice & roller hockey all through high school and college. it was relatively new down here (in '93, with the establishment of the florida panthers) so our parents just thought fighting was part of the game, they didn't know any better. so we would get into bench-clearing brawls at the end of every game, it was great.

hockey players leave everything on the ice. there's nothing personal, once the game is over, it's over. most of these guys are friends off-ice. i'm glad fighting is still allowed, it definitely has its place in the sport.

in the playoffs, at the end of a series, the teams line up for handshakes. growingup we did the same after every game we played. lot of respect in that, i think.

Guest JMT

it is indeed a rare occurrance when the goalies come out to meet at center ice. it has probably been 15 years since that has happened.

like apotheosis said, the difference between hockey and other sports is that hockey players never take fighting personally. once the fight or the game is over with, its water under the bridge. they accept it as part of the game. unlike other sports where if a fight breaks out both guys would use a weapon to kill the other guy if it doesnt get broken up.

Guest RzO

damn that was chaos.

it's hard to see for the untrained eye, but there is a tremendous amount of honor and respect in a hockey fight.

i played ice & roller hockey all through high school and college. it was relatively new down here (in '93, with the establishment of the florida panthers) so our parents just thought fighting was part of the game, they didn't know any better. so we would get into bench-clearing brawls at the end of every game, it was great.

hockey players leave everything on the ice. there's nothing personal, once the game is over, it's over. most of these guys are friends off-ice. i'm glad fighting is still allowed, it definitely has its place in the sport.

in the playoffs, at the end of a series, the teams line up for handshakes. growingup we did the same after every game we played. lot of respect in that, i think.

remember at nikkis when we figured out that the huge brawl we had at your rink in miami was vs my team from west palm...we were like no way, u were on that team! lol 10 years later we figured out we actually played each other in hockey and possibly fought each other, that was a fun day! (both nikkis and the hockey fight)

and yah fighting was cool even at our level, u would get thrown out of the game but that was all and we would usually do it towards the end of the game anyway so it didnt really matter

Guest XHF037

Fuck soccer, fuck football, fuck baseball, fuck college football especially, hockey is the only fun sport left. The rumbles are only reason to go, and goalie fights are so rare.

The fucking rumbles rule! Most of you stunads don't get it, but watching those hosers slug each other is a blast.

fuck soccer? the fans start the rumbles in this sport not the players ;)