Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roger Waters performing Dark Side of the Moon @ WPB

V. Barbarino

Guest JMT

saw him in ATL a few years back. he did most of The Wall, which was great, but by no means was seeing him a substitute for seeing Pink Floyd.

im debating going. im sure it will be cool, but David Gilmour did most of the vocals on Dark Side, so to me its kind of like seeing Boyd Tinsley on a solo tour doing Two Step.

Guest frankthetank

saw him in ATL a few years back. he did most of The Wall, which was great, but by no means was seeing him a substitute for seeing Pink Floyd.

im debating going. im sure it will be cool, but David Gilmour did most of the vocals on Dark Side, so to me its kind of like seeing Boyd Tinsley on a solo tour doing Two Step.

David Gilmour to Pink Floyd = Jerry Garcia to the Dead.

But it still would be cool to go see this. When I saw Pink Floyd in Nashville ten years ago, was the best concert hands down I have ever been to. Better than the Dead, better than the Stones, better than U2.

Beggars can't be choosers, this is what we got because Floyd won't get back together so I'm going... Laura saw him already 5 years ago and loved it so I'll take her word on it.

I'm waiting on DMB dates. Dave was on House last night, I tivoed it.

Van Halen should have dates soon as well...

I thought Roger was great when i saw him in WPB like 6 .5 yrs ago?? He did some new material that was good.. but when he did comfortably numb, wish you were here and some tracks from The Wall.. the entire crowd was in awe...

i saw pink floyd in detroit 14 yrs ago.. and its still the best concert i've ever been too... nothing will ever top it.

I can't waittttttttttttttt ;D

Guest phrankadelic

i'm goin to hit this one up as well.

as for van halen...i thought they scrapped the tour?

saw him the last time he was here, amazing show...it was a beautiful night ;) you can't beat that ampitheater. roger waters is a helluva substitute for the full band.

i'm gonna be out of town this time around :(

I couldn't agree more...

and it SUCKS you won't be here :(

Guest miamilawdj04

I saw Roger's show up in Chicago late last fall---excellant. There is no replacing Pink Floyd the band, but it they have not been the same since roger left. Let's not forget this guy is responsible in large part for The Wall, DSOTM, Wish you were here, and Animals---some of no doubt THE greatest work they ever had. The first half of the show is mostly "greatest hits" with a few of his own works inserted. The second half was DSOTM. Now i noticed some of the songs were played a bit faster, and shortened. A few lasers would have been nice of course :) Overall though---what an experience and what a show. The weather was terrible---but seeing a show like that is a MUST. I highly recommend to all.

Guest JMT

lawn seats only 25 bucks!? in that case, i think i might hit it.

RW in 2000 had some visuals but it was pretty bare bones. i dont think anyone should expect him to come anywhere close to the Pulse DVD (the greatest concert of all time). the band spent millions on that tour's production.

Guest Philip

The Division Bell > Dark Side of the Moon?

don't be silly, phil.

dsotm (along with the wall) defines pink floyd

yea but...