Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Resident DJ - OSCAR G

Guest saintjohn

Guest RzO

by far best resident of any nightclub. i actually had a conversation last week about this and how, for a weekly residency at whatever club around, Oscar is def the best.

Guest Major

What a laugh. ;D

i forgot ur favorite dj is tiesto ::)

congrats Oscar !, very well deserved :)

Ha..I knew you'd say something...your favourite Dj and all. Indeed, congrats to OG.

Guest ecpolo521

Thats something that every Miami resident and former resident, such as myself, already knew for years.

Congrats OG.

;D

Guest saintjohn

This year's other nominees were DJ AM (Pure), Cedric Gervais (Space), and last year's winner - Francois K (Deep Space at Cielo).

The award was presented by Danny Tenaglia, btw :)

Pod should have pictures up soon.

Guest saintjohn

The Club World Award winners "are determined by an industry-expert judge's panel (kept secret until after the envelopes are sealed)."

The CWAs are sponsored by Club Systems International, a trade publication. Although CSI sponsors the CWAs, the winners are actually determined by ten judges, all of whom work in or around the nightclub industry.

Some past judges, like Dawn Batsche of Batsche Designs, have been chosen for their knowledge of interior design (one of the CWA categories). Others, such as Eric Bernstein of Intelligent Lighting Services, were picked because of their lighting expertise. Still others, like Diabolique, were selected for their style, wit, and encyclopedic knowledge of clubland.

The judges identities are kept secret until after the awards to prevent people from attempting to influence the voting. I was one of the judges, and I STILL don't know who else voted this year. I'm sure a list will be posted to the CWA site once everyone recovers from conference week :)